Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2011, 07:26   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav
Hi, re-igniting an old thread.
My Xylo, 14 months, 30K KMs. Have tried adding SystemG to diesel for past 4-5 tank fulls and also tried once 2T oil - havnt noticed any difference maybe bcoz of (usual) heavy traffic on Mumbai's WEH! Any advice on decarb ? flush ?

thanks in advance

You have to use SystemD for diesel and not systemG. System G is green colored bottle whereas D is kinda dark brown black liquid.. Try it out for a few tank fulls and you will find the difference.
Old 11th September 2011, 20:08   #212
BHPian

Re: Carbon Cleaning / Decarbonisation of Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
You have to use SystemD for diesel and not systemG. System G is green colored bottle whereas D is kinda dark brown black liquid.. Try it out for a few tank fulls and you will find the difference.
sorry that was a typo, its SystemD indeed. but is that enough; more specifically I was curious to know about decarb stuff.
Old 11th September 2011, 20:25   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
sorry that was a typo, its SystemD indeed. but is that enough; more specifically I was curious to know about decarb stuff.
No need to decarb your engine so soon.You may think about decarbing once your car crosses 90K kms.That too is optional

Modern diesel engines do not need decarb AFAIK.If you change the engine oil every 5K kms/6 months in case of mineral and 10K kms/1 yr in case of synthetics it would be more than sufficient to keep your engine in top shape.

No need to get the injector cleaning either until you have some problem with vehicle performance related to injector.Infact i have not come across the phrase "Injector cleaning" in any service manuals of modern diesel cars.Also SystemD does the injector cleaning part.So no need to spend few thousands to get them cleaned when they are being cleaned routinely
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 20:46   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Folks, I have used System G continuously for over 5.5 yrs on my Ford Ikon 1.6NXT ZXI and I can confirm that it worked wonderfully well. It not only pepped up the mileage but increased the smoothness of the ride as well where I never had any carb related issues. However, you need ensure that you keep using it for a long time without any break for good results.
Old 11th September 2011, 20:48   #215
BHPian

Quote:
No need to decarb your engine so soon.You may think about decarbing once your car crosses 90K kms.That too is optional

Modern diesel engines do not need decarb AFAIK.If you change the engine oil every 5K kms/6 months in case of mineral and 10K kms/1 yr in case of synthetics it would be more than sufficient to keep your engine in top shape.

No need to get the injector cleaning either until you have some problem with vehicle performance related to injector.Infact i have not come across the phrase "Injector cleaning" in any service manuals of modern diesel cars.Also SystemD does the injector cleaning part.So no need to spend few thousands to get them cleaned when they are being cleaned routinely
thanks Sagar for the instant response - maybe a Messenger App herein would have been better !
FYI, I use Maximile Crown (OEM Servo) having a replace interval of 20K KMs, which would be approx my annual running as of now. I can think to replace it bit per-maturely to be on safer side.

(edit) kirantp: good to know effectiveness of SystemG.

btw, before this thread goes OT over Additives/Oils (separate thead exists), lets continue pouring all query/info about decarb stuff, thanks.

Last edited by pcpranav : 11th September 2011 at 20:53.
Old 11th September 2011, 21:29   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav

thanks Sagar for the instant response - maybe a Messenger App herein would have been better !
FYI, I use Maximile Crown (OEM Servo) having a replace interval of 20K KMs, which would be approx my annual running as of now. I can think to replace it bit per-maturely to be on safer side.

(edit) kirantp: good to know effectiveness of SystemG.

btw, before this thread goes OT over Additives/Oils (separate thead exists), lets continue pouring all query/info about decarb stuff, thanks.
20k is too much running for any oil in our harsh conditions. Get it changed at 5k or max 7.5k. The oil is mineral right?
Old 12th September 2011, 00:19   #217
BHPian

Quote:
20k is too much running for any oil in our harsh conditions. Get it changed at 5k or max 7.5k. The oil is mineral right?
I rechecked this in the manual - first change at 5K, then 20K, 40K and so on.
Engine Oil: Maximile Crown (mineral), specs which exceeds API CH-4: SAW 15W40. I even asked the adviser if required to change in advance, which he denied even taking into consideration of heavy traffic conditions.
Old 12th September 2011, 00:43   #218
Team-BHP Support

A servo oil for 20k kms !!!

10k is the absolute max I would go with it. Get it changed outside if the A.S.S does not oblige. Also, if possible switch to an oil of a higher rating (CI or CI+).

Read up on the diesel engine oil thread. Lots of useful info in there.
Old 12th September 2011, 15:48   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy
A servo oil for 20k kms !!!

10k is the absolute max I would go with it. Get it changed outside if the A.S.S does not oblige. Also, if possible switch to an oil of a higher rating (CI or CI+).

Read up on the diesel engine oil thread. Lots of useful info in there.
Even 10k is on the higher side for a servo oil. Its better to change these oil at 5k interval. Even the so called best diesel mineral oil delvac mx loses its smoothness after 5k kms.
Old 12th September 2011, 16:29   #220
BANNED

I own a 10yr old santro which still does about a minimum of 30km a day.
Run 105000+ km
I find a remarkable loss of power.
Regular company maintenance done.
All parts changed as prescribed.
Will decarbing the engine help a bit.

Can anyone tell me is there a procedure as such available at service centers?
I thought it is only for exhaust pipes and mufflers.
Old 13th September 2011, 19:28   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redface
I own a 10yr old santro which still does about a minimum of 30km a day.
Run 105000+ km
I find a remarkable loss of power.
Regular company maintenance done.
All parts changed as prescribed.
Will decarbing the engine help a bit.

Can anyone tell me is there a procedure as such available at service centers?
I thought it is only for exhaust pipes and mufflers.
Power loss could also be due to a worn out clutch. Check that first.

If you mean decarb using additives to fuel then you can do it yourself by using system g for 5 to 6 tank fulls. Opening up the engine at one lakh kms is not required as such. First check the air filter ,fuel filter. If the filters are not changed in last 10k kms change them . As a last resort you can open up the engine to decarb it.
Old 7th December 2011, 17:30   #222
BHPian

My Alto is 8 years old.. run 65k now. Of late, I have been noticing that the pickup has dropped, in fact at times in 3rd or 4th gear when I let go off the throttle on highways, the car starts knocking. With A/C, the performance is really disappointing. Also, the FE has dropped by some amount.

I have never had any major issues with the car before.

I have been maintaining this car only of late. Before this, my father used to do it, and he has not maintained any service documentation. So I really don't know when decarb was done last, or whether it was done at all.

Kindly suggest me what needs to be done. I am planning to visit the MASS next week.
Old 29th October 2012, 19:52   #223
BHPian

Hi Mates

My Ford Ikon TDCi is 3year and drove around 55000 Kms. Do I need a decarbonizing? If so what is the cost and how can I get it done.

I can see a visible lack of power when I drove with A/C switched on and engine reviving sound is more when speed reaches more than 90-100 KM/PHr.Does this sound a problem for TDCI engine?

Can anyone suggest here?
Old 29th October 2012, 21:14   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinFord
Hi Mates

My Ford Ikon TDCi is 3year and drove around 55000 Kms. Do I need a decarbonizing? If so what is the cost and how can I get it done.

I can see a visible lack of power when I drove with A/C switched on and engine reviving sound is more when speed reaches more than 90-100 KM/PHr.Does this sound a problem for TDCI engine?

Can anyone suggest here?
Before decarb ,I suggest you try one bottle of system d . It partially does the injectors cleaning and decarb. You Will notice improvement in two tankfull.

Get the throttle body cleaned. You Will be surprised to see the amount of muck accumulated there.

With these two I think you Will be able to get back most of the lost performance.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 09:38   #225
BANNED

Quote:
The best decoking is a run of 30 minutes or so with the throttle open (as far as the law allows) on a highway.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks