Old 20th April 2006, 10:16   #31
BANNED

Hi,

Check this link for OWS products.

http://www.speedworksindia.com/dealers.htm

Viper
Old 20th April 2006, 10:43   #32
BHPian

1800- 2000 is the rate charged, I wonder this amount inclusive of new engine oil and oil filter or only cleaning.
I bought STP-Engine flush for Rs.210 from Jagat Auto Sales in Khan Market , inclusive of bill. Bought Castrol GTX Engine Oil for Rs.460 ( Approx) and Got the engine Oil filter OEM MMK from the showroom for Rs.120 ( Approx) so after the adding labour it came around Rs.890...!
Old 25th April 2006, 14:53   #33
BHPian

Hi guys, I have one more query regarding decarbonisation...

In engines that have high mileage, it is said that the carbon deposits help in maintaining the compression ratio and also prevent the engine oil from entering into the cylinders and burning. Now, since my car has covered 56000 km, and if I get the engine decarbonised now, what is the possibility of the engine starting to burn the engine oil?
Old 25th April 2006, 15:47   #34
BANNED

Hey Souljah,you have mentioned in your previous post Hyundai santro decarb @ rs 1200.

Is this the cost for getting car decarbonised from an authorised Hyundai Service centre?

Hey autopsyche..thanks for the info....does decarb cost changes from car to car? I mean is it different for santro, zen , indica and so on?

if yes...what it would cost for dcarb of hyundai santro in mumbai?

Cheers,
Amit
Old 25th April 2006, 15:52   #35
BHPian

Effect on FE

Hi guys,

Will this de-carbonizing affect the FE? Or will it just improve the life of engine and improve the NVH of the engine?

Ciao
lsjey
Old 25th April 2006, 20:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_n_sexy
Arush wht do u charge for carbon clean service .. i gt a lancer
Hey, thatll be 1850 for a lancer as well, smaller engines 1000-1300cc are Rs.1500, maruti 800cc is Rs.1250.

PS: we also have seperat diesel decarbonizing.
Old 26th April 2006, 01:51   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep
Hi guys, I have one more query regarding decarbonisation...

In engines that have high mileage, it is said that the carbon deposits help in maintaining the compression ratio and also prevent the engine oil from entering into the cylinders and burning. Now, since my car has covered 56000 km, and if I get the engine decarbonised now, what is the possibility of the engine starting to burn the engine oil?
Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
Some people often argue that in high mileage engines the compression is actually aiding increased performance and decarbonization will lead to a loss of compression after the engine has been cleaned. However they do tend to miss the point that the carbon deposits are also around the valves and not just on the head, which actually are decreasing compression in old cars because of non airtight conditions. Before and after compression tests can be done anytime to prove that.
This is on the same thread page 1. Read before you post bro.
Old 26th April 2006, 09:20   #38
BHPian

Oops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCockroach
This is on the same thread page 1. Read before you post bro.
Sorry . Actually have read the thread from the start...but came back to it after so many days that i forgot!
Old 26th April 2006, 22:59   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey
Hi guys,

Will this de-carbonizing affect the FE? Or will it just improve the life of engine and improve the NVH of the engine?

Ciao
lsjey
Has anyone found any increase in FE after a Decard job? Also is it worth it if it is done at a Maruti Service station or are there any specailised guys in bombay who do a good job?
Old 26th April 2006, 23:31   #40
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajalphonso
Has anyone found any increase in FE after a Decard job? Also is it worth it if it is done at a Maruti Service station or are there any specailised guys in bombay who do a good job?
Today someone told me decarbonizing will result in drastic fall in FE
Old 27th April 2006, 14:04   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
Today someone told me decarbonizing will result in drastic fall in FE
That is very surprising. If you remove carbon deposits and generally improve the engine, you'd expect FE to improve atleast marginally. Some one please clarify

lsjey
Old 27th April 2006, 15:33   #42
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey
That is very surprising. If you remove carbon deposits and generally improve the engine, you'd expect FE to improve atleast marginally. Some one please clarify

lsjey
Take heart, I believe it is one such mechanic gyan... I do not take it seriously.. Cleaner engine, better performance, period.
Old 27th April 2006, 22:47   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
Take heart, I believe it is one such mechanic gyan... I do not take it seriously.. Cleaner engine, better performance, period.
Agree,

But that school of thought thinks that the carbon is actually creating better seals within the engeine etc etc.

cya
R
Old 28th April 2006, 09:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
Hey, thatll be 1850 for a lancer as well, smaller engines 1000-1300cc are Rs.1500, maruti 800cc is Rs.1250.

PS: we also have seperat diesel decarbonizing.
I always thought the decarb is only for petrol engines. I know diesel is also a hydrocarbon, but never heard of a decarb for diesel engines.

Someone please explain whether the decarbing process is as important for diesels as for petrol. My palio D has done over 30K kms and I havnt done it yet. And the guys in TVS never told me I need to get it done. Please throw some light, so that atleast I can get it done for the next service.
Old 28th April 2006, 21:20   #45
BHPian

I got a Decarb & an injector clean done on my Zen which has clocked 50,000kms. I have always used Speed, Power even 97 octane at times, but when the guy opened the throttle body i was shcoked to see the carbon depoits there.
My engine i purring real nice & is very peppy now. i paid at total of 2100 at a maruti service station.
Havent check the Fe but the maruti guys said that the Fe would increase
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks