Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2024, 03:06   #391
BHPian

Re: Automotive air conditioner servicing & maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Need to get my i10 AC issue fixed urgently this week for a long trip this weekend.
Hi,

Last year my friend got his Hyundai Xcent's AC fixed by a guy named Suresh in Lajpat Nagar Delhi, though it's a roadside setup but the guy and his team were professional and quick to do the work.
Attached Thumbnails
Automotive air conditioner servicing & maintenance-img20230403104705.jpg  

Automotive air conditioner servicing & maintenance-img20230403123900.jpg  

Last edited by NA-driver : 21st March 2024 at 03:10.
NA-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 17:47   #392
BHPian

I have managed to get my i20 AC repaired. The work was done at a nearby mechanic by the name of Pappu Car Air Cool. The work was done by two mechanics. Leaks were found in the pipeline and in the condenser coil located behind the dash board. Thorough cleaning was done of the radiator mesh as well. I have attached some pictures below. The compressor oil was topped up. Total cost ₹9000.
Attached Thumbnails
Automotive air conditioner servicing & maintenance-62ee0d267fd043ceb1bfb986b49cee93.jpeg  

Automotive air conditioner servicing & maintenance-img_4819.jpeg  

Automotive air conditioner servicing & maintenance-img_4813.jpeg  

Automotive air conditioner servicing & maintenance-img_4815.jpeg  

Automotive air conditioner servicing & maintenance-img_4811.jpeg  

Automotive air conditioner servicing & maintenance-img_4820.jpeg  

Karaboudjan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 15:12   #393
BHPian

The compressor on my vehicle, a 2017 Nissan Sunny, has started acting up. When I turn on the AC, everything seems to be okay, I can feel the cool air and I can hear the compressor turn on and off from time to time. The temperature is usually set to 24 degrees. After running for a while, the cutoff becomes more aggressive - the engine rpm suddenly spikes then drops as the compressor turns on and off multiple times within seconds. Eventually, I start feeling warm air being blown into the cabin.

I change the cabin air filter every six months and I also clean the AC vents using one of those pressurised foam cans. I'm not very sure where the problem lies, could the above be symptoms of a failing AC compressor clutch?
Old 2nd April 2024, 22:18   #394
BHPian

I've been facing a peculiar problem with my 16 year old Alto. So here's what is happening. I know I'm not supposed to do this but when I start the car with blower at 3 or 4 speed and the compressor is on, the blower doesn't work. It takes a few seconds or minutes for the blower to work.

But if I keep the blower speed at 1, it works. Then I have to gradually increase the speed and the blower starts working. This doesn't happens during cold starts. This happens only when the car is running. Only once did the blower stop working abruptly and then after a few minutes it started blowing air.

What could be the issue?
Old 8th April 2024, 19:06   #395
BHPian

Please suggest a good a/c repair/recharge centre in Bangalore. My WRV s just over 1 year old. A/c cooling is working fine generally. But, I felt cooling is reduced over the fag end ( late afternoon)of long drives of around 400kms (7-8 hours of day driving with 1 or 2 breaks)when a/c is continuously on auto mode. .
I do follow window down procedure while resuming drive after parking under hot sun.
I remember a local Bosch a/c mechanic had mentioned to recharge refrigerant once a year with my previous car.
So, Not sure if it's the limit of WRV's a/c compressor or I need to topup refrigerant
Old 8th April 2024, 19:28   #396
BHPian

You can goto Aditya car ac near ejipura!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH View Post
Please suggest a good a/c repair/recharge centre in Bangalore. My WRV s just over 1 year old. A/c cooling is working fine generally. But, I felt cooling is reduced over the fag end ( late afternoon)of long drives of around 400kms (7-8 hours of day driving with 1 or 2 breaks)when a/c is continuously on auto mode. .
I do follow window down procedure while resuming drive after parking under hot sun.
I remember a local Bosch a/c mechanic had mentioned to recharge refrigerant once a year with my previous car.
So, Not sure if it's the limit of WRV's a/c compressor or I need to topup refrigerant
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 19:30   #397
Senior - BHPian

Remove and change your car AC filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH View Post
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 23:03   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Can anybody suggest a good AC workshop in Powai?
Go to Unicool Car A/C at Ghatkopar West (behind R-City Mall). My experience with them has been excellent. Anis Bhai is experienced and knowledgeable and will suggest an optimal solution. Call him on +919821885500

Last edited by Potenza : 8th April 2024 at 23:03. Reason: Typo
Potenza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 12:04   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Remove and change your car AC filter
This was a very good prompt. I was under the assumption that this filter was changed as part of 1st year end service.

Checked the service invoice and it was not on the replaced parts list.So, went ahead and opened the filter ( Honda has provided a very neat instruction on the website for replacement procedure), there it was- all black,dust ladden filter crying for replacement!!

Immediately went down to Diamond auto parts, Marathahalli and got a puralotor filter boxed for City. They mentioned it is common for all Honda cars. It matched the size of my old filter. So, went ahead bought it and finished the job.

Will have to see how much of a difference it makes on my long drive this weekend.

Thankyou hserus for your valuable suggestion.

Old filter!
Attached Thumbnails
Automotive air conditioner servicing & maintenance-img_20240409_104602630.jpg  

HummerH is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks