Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2019, 19:33   #301
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Automotive air conditioner servicing & maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
And is it an expensive part? How much did HASS charge for your Santro?
Changing the belt should solve the issue in your case. The faulty bearing in my case is probably due to my car being close to 16 years old. As for the job, it's definitely not expensive. Just pulled the bill up and it was Rs. 117.95 for the belt (part no. 9771302000) and Rs. 190.50 for labour.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by boniver : 21st September 2019 at 19:43.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 19:43   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Definitely not expensive. Just pulled the bill up and it was Rs. 117.95 for the belt (part no. 9771302000) and Rs. 190.50 for labour.

Hope this helps!

This is very helpful. Will check out tomorrow if I can get it changed.
Old 3rd November 2019, 09:34   #303
BHPian

I have a 2007 Maruti Alto. On a recent trip to Bangalore, The cooling inside the cabin was terrible and it started freezing up intermittently. Came back to Chennai and took it to a workshop. Diagnosis was that the Cooling coil is completely blocked (12 year old coil) and that the thermistor switch needed to be replaced. I asked them go ahead. The cooling efficiency improved by leaps and bounds. But, after a few days of driving, the freezing problem resurfaced. What could be the issue?
Old 4th November 2019, 18:27   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard1955 View Post
But, after a few days of driving, the freezing problem resurfaced. What could be the issue?
Could you please describe the freezing problem. Does that means it gets too cold?
Old 4th November 2019, 19:31   #305
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Could you please describe the freezing problem. Does that means it gets too cold?
He means formation of ice due to blocked/dirty evaporator coil.
Old 4th November 2019, 19:58   #306
BHPian

Quote:
What could be the issue?
Thermistor or its connection again. If it is not the thermistor then get ready to shell out a lot of money for the stuff that actuates and de-actuates the ac clutch solenoid.
Old 5th November 2019, 00:48   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
It does get too cold, but that's not the issue. I mean, the freezing of the AC Evaporator coil.

Quote:
He means formation of ice due to blocked/dirty evaporator coil.
The cooling coil was changed a week back to a brand new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Thermistor or its connection again. If it is not the thermistor then get ready to shell out a lot of money for the stuff that actuates and de-actuates the ac clutch solenoid.
I took it to the mechanic and he suspects the thermistor switch only. He didn't mention anything about the AC Clutch Solenoid stuff. But will ask him to check that also if the change of thermistor doesn't result in any fruitful results. Fingers crossed.
Old 5th November 2019, 07:49   #308
BHPian

Quote:
The cooling efficiency improved by leaps and bounds. But, after a few days of driving, the freezing problem resurfaced. What could be the issue?
There could be a leak in the system. With low or no gas, freezing would be seen.
Old 5th November 2019, 09:51   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
There could be a leak in the system. With low or no gas, freezing would be seen.
It's been 2 weeks since the repair job was done. And even yesterday, after sometime, the cooling was exceptional. But will ask them to check the gas pressure to find this out if in fact, there is a leak.
Old 18th November 2019, 12:08   #310
BHPian

In a 10 year old car , is it possible to have low gas without any leaks in the system and just recharging the gas can solve the problem ?
Old 18th November 2019, 14:08   #311
BHPian

Guys, need pointers to a good FNG for car AC (Tata Zest). Seems there is a gas leakage as cooling has dropped since last week. Also, I am getting a hissing sound continuously in the cabin while the AC is running.
Old 25th November 2019, 16:11   #312
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys. A new issue cropped up in my 8.5 year old 2011 i20.

Today morning I noticed that my rear defogger switch is engaged by default. There is a small light that glows. I did not use the AC in the past few days because of the Delhi weather. I tried to switch it off a number of times but it does not seem to turn off. This is with AC off.

Since I was late for office I did not check if the defogger was actually working or not or was it just the light in the knob.
Old 25th November 2019, 19:34   #313
BHPian

2010 Fiesta 1.6S
The AC stops cooling after an hour and then some noise comes and if switched off for a while and switched on, the mist comes (got scared the first time). Checked with a local mechanic and he said the thermostat might be dead. He put a thermometer in the AC vent and switched the AC on and said the thermostat should cut the cooling off at around 10 degrees, but mine went till -1.
Is the thermostat a part of the compressor or a separate part? Either way, he said the dashboard would've to be opened and that'll be an expensive affair if done by him. The ASS would charge more I guess. Haven't checked with them yet. Any idea about the costs involved?
Old 21st January 2020, 12:08   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
My 9 year old i20 these days start off with a squealing noise. It goes away after about 30-45 seconds of the vehicle moving. Very recently I observed that if I switch off the AC the sound goes away. All this happens in the initial 30-45 seconds of starting the car. This usually happens when I start the car after about 8-10 hours in the morning.

P.S: I remember this sound used to come out a lot of old Tata Indicas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
^^Please get your a.c. belt changed; it is purely due to the part ageing.
Quote:
It's a squealing AC belt that has either gotten worn out or loose.
Hey Guys! Sorry for bumping up an old post. Wanted to check: Is AC belt = fan belt = Alternator belt?

The sound had gone away but is back again now. I plan to visit the A.S.S to get it changed finally.
Old 4th July 2020, 21:47   #315

Skoda Yeti 2011 4x4 Elegance climate control problem
Hello BHPians
I am a new member and this is my first post. I was hooked onto Team BHP forum during my compulsary quarantine after my COVID duty (I'm a medicine resident doctor).
I have a very unique problem in my car. I'm aware of Skoda's problems with AC and have faced my share of problems. A few years back my car's AC just stopped working - not cooling at all. After a lot of efforts, the final solution was changing the compressor which was done by Skoda ASS. The cooling was restored, infact became better, but it came at the cost of some engine performance and fuel efficiency. But no one cared in my house at that time because peak summers in Chandigarh means you need the AC at all cost. But cut to the winter of that year, I noticed a weird problem. The car heating system didn't work. No matter how much I raised the temperature, it just blowed cold air. Another major problem I noticed was that the front defogger didn't work. On pressing the defogger switch it just blew cold air in the cabin at full speed. We showed Skoda ASS and their solution was change the climate control unit, which was an expensive affair. The problem could not be identified by outside experts too. We've been living with that problem ever since. Since we have other cars, the Skoda is limited to some city use in the daytime during winters or keeping the windows down during the chilly winters.
Now, we have decided to hang on to our Yeti for a couple of more years and have decided to finally repair this problem once and for all. I was hoping for help on Team BHP regarding the same. Fingers crossed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks