Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2009, 12:14   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Now I am clear where you come from. All the best with your "google experiments".
Another brilliant senior? May I know why cant we use a Ultrasonic Cleaner?

Whats the relationship bw a US pattern and google?

How an ultrasonic cleaner affects the cat mesh when used with distilled water? Are you the inventor of cat can or do you have any proof?

Do you thinK you are the brilliant because you have more post counts than me.

Why don't the SENIORS or SO CALLED AUDIOPHILES or BRILLIANTS in TBHP at least try to prove any of THEIR statements against me?

For you tips, Use diluted citric acid (not lemon) at 80c and pass it at 30Khz. Do not try a petrol engine cat can in this method. And SHOW ME HOW MUCH IT'S DAMAGED YOUR CAT CAN? IF YOU DONT HAVE ACCESS TO A INDUSTRIAL ULTRASONIC CLEANER, Shut up your mouth and don't DISCOURTRAGE people ONLY USING your brilliant brains - If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain. .

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 4th July 2009 at 12:20.
ibm_jennifer is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th July 2009, 12:27   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
Catalytic converter needs ultrasonic cleaning.
Its a shipping boat.
Oh My God. I am going to suicide.
1. Dont do it (Ultrasonic).
2. A 412 shiipping boat?
3. Dont do that either (suicide). God gave you life and only He has the right to take it away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Navin..? In engine-wingine thread..! I was not aware you have other interests as well!
Yes I have other interests. In fact 'audio' is somewhere between 6-7 on the list of intrests in order of importance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I will be very reluctant to fiddle inside a Catalytic Converter. The Cat has a matrix coated with the catalyst (at one time Platinum/Palladium). The matrix is pretty fine and delicate. I will be loathe to even tap it sharply to displace the carbon etc. which may deposit in there. A solvent / ultrasonic clean is definitely out. The best way to clean a Cat is to allow it to warm up fully. It burns out the crud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Unless it is very badly choked/clogged just leave it as it is. looks far worse than what is actually the case. Otherwise, you are looking at about 10k to replace the cat!
Finally a voice of reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
wont a choked cat con increase back pressure ?
Greenie, really you wont noitce it. the stuff coming out of the cat con is not liquid (water, oil, etc.. back pressure is not such an issue with more compressible and fluid substnaces like gases).

Quote:
I need to clean it once in a 3 months to maintain the performance. Do you recommend me to remove it completely from the car.
I recommend getting the engine of your car tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
GET rid of the catcon..
Don't! you will pollute. Lord knows we have done more than our share of damage to the eco system. ('We" refers to the human race as a whole).

Quote:
Another brilliant senior? May I know why cant we use a Ultrasonic Cleaner? How an ultrasonic cleaner affects the cat mesh when used with distilled water? Are you the inventor of cat can or do you have any proof?
IBM, really you gotta watch your tone. If you have a valid argument by all means it is welcome. But ridicule (like the statement above), insult (words like Stupid), or sarcasam (in many of your past statements) is not an accepted form of behaviour here.
Old 4th July 2009, 13:38   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How an ultrasonic cleaner affects the cat mesh when used with distilled water? Are you the inventor of cat can or do you have any proof?

Why don't the SENIORS or SO CALLED AUDIOPHILES or BRILLIANTS in TBHP at least try to prove any of THEIR statements against me?

For you tips, Use diluted citric acid (not lemon) at 80c and pass it at 30Khz. Do not try a petrol engine cat can in this method. And SHOW ME HOW MUCH IT'S DAMAGED YOUR CAT CAN? IF YOU DONT HAVE ACCESS TO A INDUSTRIAL ULTRASONIC CLEANER, Shut up your mouth and don't DISCOURTRAGE people ONLY USING your brilliant brains - If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain. .

SIr, I guess, one cannot suggest anything to somebody who is so clear in thinking.

All the best - But please understand that the ROW [rest of the world other than you] are not fools.
Old 4th July 2009, 14:19   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The count of 'brilliant seniors' to you would be infinity, so your surprise can be perpetual. And, you are right, no laws need be heeded to do experimentation - wins and losses are at one's own cost. You are most welcome.

Quote:
There is a US 'pattern'? There must be - if you say so. But then only you can tell the difference.

If you meant 'US Patent', everyone knows only a few of the patents deliver practical results (those are the ideas that go into actual products) or practical benefits. The rest are an acknowledgment of an original idea even that idea is currently not feasible, practical or beneficial enough.

Quote:
Why challenge the intelligence of those Corning Glass guys? The cleaner won't affect the catcon mesh whether it is distilled water, sewer water, organic liquid or even acid. The waves will make the substrate gradually pop off the mesh! But, the question is - what improvement over the originally intended efficiency will one get? Or will it be like using 'Fair and Lovely'?

Quote:
Yes, everyone else here thinks he should think like that, something that you find it difficult to reconcile to.

Quote:
... at least try to prove any of THEIR statements against me?
Are you associated with the film industry or politics or something? All others here have a different principle in life.

Quote:
... IF YOU DONT HAVE ACCESS TO A INDUSTRIAL ULTRASONIC CLEANER, Shut up your mouth and don't DISCOURTRAGE people ONLY USING your brilliant brains - If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain. .
We are sure that those who do not have access to industrial ultrasonic cleaners (about 999999 out of 1 million) get the same or better results in emission tests of their vehicles than ones who ultrasonically scrub their catcons with, year after year.

Because they trust and have faith in the over-design of the catcon to work efficiently despite some particulates stubbornly sticking to the mesh (the rest being burnt or blown off since the mesh operates hot), year after year.

And because they don't blow money on 'get fair quick'-type of treatments - that also self-help type - that give dubious theoretical benefits obtained by one brilliant person.

And because they use their OWN hard-earned money for maintaining their vehicles.

And they don't have the nasty habit of trying to prove a tenuous point at the cost of acceptable social behaviour. Capisce, compadre? I guess not - there is too much electrical noise and cross-talk up there, so unreal is real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
... I recommend getting the engine of your car tuned. ...
I'd recommend buying a new car - at least one benefits from improvements in technology over the years, than trying to make an old dog do new tricks - as the saying goes!

Last edited by DerAlte : 4th July 2009 at 14:24.
Old 24th July 2009, 14:55   #140
Senior - BHPian

The Additives discussion

I was browsing through the website of Wurth and came across some additives.

I am sure other reputable brands also have these products, but lets not get into a brand war here.

I wanted to know the real benefits of using these additives. I mean, are these real value additions to the engine/car or just some more marketing tactics?

The products in question are:
1. Engine oil additive - Würth UK Ltd. - Additives - Engine Oil Additive
2. System Cleaner - Würth UK Ltd. - Additives - System Cleaner
3. Transmission additive - Würth UK Ltd. - Additives - Transmission Additive
4. Air Intake and Injection System cleaner - Würth UK Ltd. - Additives - Air Intake Cleaner
5. Petrol additive - Würth UK Ltd. - Additives - Petrol Additive
6. Radiator cleaner - Würth UK Ltd. - Additives - Radiator Cleaner

Lastly, can someone provide indicative prices for these products? Where in Mumbai can they be sourced?
Old 24th July 2009, 15:47   #141
Senior - BHPian

if you are a tata vehicle owner
Tata Motors Customer Care :: Decarbonising & Engine Flush
Tata Motors Customer Care :: Fuel Additives
are all you need
Old 24th July 2009, 16:04   #142
Senior - BHPian

GH - anything for Hyundai/Getz owners?
Old 1st August 2009, 08:48   #143
BANNED

Please note:
MRP includes VAT
Freight and packing charges additional

Price applicable from 1st May 2009 to 31st March 2010

Code
Description
Quantity
MRP

Vitamins :

OWS 210
Engine flush
250 ml

OWS 220
Engine Protector
300 ml

OWS 230
Gear and Differential
150 ml

OWS 360
Gas and Diesel Treatment
300 ml

Mechanical Car Care Kit :

OWS 535
Body flex Gel
400 ml

OWS 3000
Multi Purpose Spray
400 ml

OWS 512
Adhering Lubricant
400 ml

OWS 888
Aircon clean
400 ml

OWS 889
Nano Air Con Clean
150 ml

OWS 530
Interior Lubricant
400 ml

OWS 610
Brake Cleaner
600 ml

OWS 550
Brake Quit Squeal
400 ml

Engine Oils :

OWS 15W40
Multimax Super High Performance Diesel
4 litre

OWS 10W40
Fully HC Synthetic Engine Oil
1 litre

OWS 5W40
Fully Synthetic Engine oil
4 litres

OWS 5W50
Fully Synthetic Engine Oil
1 litre

NA Racing
Fully Synthetic Racing oil 4 ltr pack
4 litres

Turbo Racing
Fully Synthetic Racing oil 4 ltr pack
4 litres

Motorcycle Engine Oils :

OWS 800
4T Fully synthetic10w40 for Motor Cycle
1 litre

OWS 900
4T Fully Synthetic Racing 5W60 Motor cycle
1 litre

Lubrication :

ATF
Automatic Transmission Fluid
1 litre

OWS 75W90LS
Fully Synthetic Gearbox Oil (Limited Slip)
1 litre

Spark Plugs :

ZX
Twin Iridium Spark Plugs
1 plug

ZR
Twin Iridium Racing Plugs
1 plug
Old 1st August 2009, 09:06   #144
BANNED

Wherer can i get Liqui moly additives like diesel purge and injector cleaner in India? Is there any shop down south, if so please send me the contact number or email id.
Old 29th June 2013, 21:37   #145
BHPian

Re: A Comparison of (Fuel/Oil/Engine) Additives

I just went to Indian Oil pump for a refill (the prices went up last night, should have done it yesterday) and came across this ADON petrol additive from IOC. The image is of 100 ml bottle priced at 105 Rs though there is a small 20 ml bottle as well priced at 24 Rs fr 20 ml. IOC says ml for ever 5lts of petrol.

Has anyone used this, will it be of any advantage?

A Comparison of (Fuel/Oil/Engine) Additives-img_1586.jpg

A Comparison of (Fuel/Oil/Engine) Additives-img_1587.jpg
Old 5th January 2015, 19:29   #146
Senior - BHPian

I have bought 5 bottles each of Bardahl oil additive, oil flush and 2 bottles of Bardahl diesel additive. Will use them during next service and update here.
Old 6th February 2015, 13:16   #147
Senior - BHPian

Anybody here has experience with using Tufoil as additive with fuel or engine oil ? planning to buy one during my next visit. I have a 14 year old Santro which has a noisy engine and want to see if I can extend its life a bit with additives. Tufoil seems to have pretty good reviews on Amazon. Seafoam is another product which looks good there.

http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Foam-SF-16...3208815&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Tufoil-Engine-...dp/B000AM8C62/

Last edited by vasoo : 6th February 2015 at 13:18.
Old 7th February 2015, 20:41   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
I have bought 5 bottles each of Bardahl oil additive, oil flush and 2 bottles of Bardahl diesel additive. Will use them during next service and update here.
If I may ask, where did you source Bardahl mercedised !!!

I have been looking all around in Hyderabad for this product and have come empty handed every time.
Old 7th February 2015, 22:32   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
If I may ask, where did you source Bardahl mercedised !!!

I have been looking all around in Hyderabad for this product and have come empty handed every time.
I bought it from local Bardahl distributor. Bardahl products are not available at retail autopart shops. Just shoot a mail to Bardahl India customer care (you can find the email address on their website) asking them about the local distributor/dealer.
Old 5th August 2015, 18:00   #150
BHPian

Hello, I am using the STP engine oil additive in the UAE, Dubai. Both in my Audi Q7 TFSI supercharged and also in my tiny nissan 1.6 lt. engine naturally aspirated. The thick viscous solution is 450 ml. I really can't say if there is any significant difference. but, here in really high temperatures, and the ac working in full swing, probably helps the engine oil from degrading soon. this is my only link i could find. both the engines are doing just fine and no complaints. i tried running them without the additive too, but really am not able to make out any difference, may be i am not that fine in knowing the difference, may it smoothness or engine noise, as we got to always drive with the windows up.

Have also tried a whole range of STP products on the cars , such injector cleaner, fuel system cleaner. but really have not seen any significant difference, may be its just a placebo feeling that my engine is safe as STP is protecting it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks