Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 09:27   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Additives? Usually just so much "snake oil". You can actually damage your engine with the wrong additives. Most do nothing at all.

Note: Slick 50 and other ail additives
Not true for all and known branded names. Apart from the technical specs, user feedback is also important to ascertain which work and which dont.

Although I agree with you, there is no one bottle solution for all the problems, specific treatment need to be applied to specific problems and the ones claiming to increase your FE exhorbitantly, are a sham.

Forgot to mention, the ones which work are supposed to work, should be used under a certain symptoms/condition. For eg. if an additive is recommended for use by its mfg to clean deposits at 5000km intervals and you use it at 10000kms, what do you expect ??. Please use them at their recommended intervals, its a chemical treatment and its strength also is pre-determined for a certain level of cleanup.

Last edited by dadu : 11th November 2008 at 09:39.
Old 19th November 2008, 15:14   #92
Senior - BHPian

the decarb job done on your safari is just awesome. and just 3000 rs labor cost is somewhat very unbelievable. moreover the equipments used show that the workshop of your friend is very well equipped and he is a perfect professional in his quality of work.
i bet no T.A.S.S can do this kind of work. even when MUL people do the engine decarb by adding the additive they charge 2000rs roughly for 30 min procedure. 3000 rs for so many days and labor used is really dirt cheap.

the kind of work done has given your engine a new life. and mainly thanks a lot that you have dared to use additives and also open your engine and enlighten us with the false committments done by companies manufacturing additives.
Old 7th January 2009, 21:19   #93
rippergeo

This is now my favourite thread on TBHP
Now,How do I find someone(mechanic) like this in Cochin? Will I need one? My car gets an italian tuneup everyday!

Old 6th February 2009, 11:49   #94
BHPian

Hi,
How was the fuel injectors cleaned? Does he have a pressure pump to check spray patterns etc?

Pls provide the workshop contact details.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 5th March 2009, 22:28   #95
BHPian

Quote:
How was the fuel injectors cleaned?
Hi, I am back from home after a long trip. Fuel injector cleaning machine is used to clean.

Quote:
Does he have a pressure pump to check spray patterns
No, For professional cleaning, I prefer to give the injectors to TVS Lucas located opp. to Spensor Plaza.
Old 30th June 2009, 17:53   #96
Senior - BHPian

Cool thread. Saw the photos which show spanking clean parts. Was there any abrasion caused during the cleanup or was it all liquid cleaned?

OT on mechanics, how do they clean themselves?
Old 1st July 2009, 07:31   #97
Senior - BHPian

@ibm, does he grind the valves to get rid of the carbon?

A little bit of carbon does not harm, infact the engine noise reduces!

BTW, mind, naming your friend, his garage etc for the public.

And how does one wash the engine parts? with what liquid?

Cheers
Old 1st July 2009, 12:29   #98
BHPian

Quote:
does he grind the valves to get rid of the carbon?
Do you mean seating?

Quote:
A little bit of carbon does not harm, infact the engine noise reduces!
If its even and not causes any leaking.

Quote:
BTW, mind, naming your friend, his garage etc for the public.
He is my friend and his name is Ravi his shop name is Autotech, it sin Koyembedu his website is: Car Engine Service.com

Quote:
And how does one wash the engine parts? with what liquid?
We have made our Own solution and it will clean the car engine parts like a magic.(not harmful and no side effect) If you want you can test it in your car and you can buy it for Rs.100/liter (concentrated and will give you 10 liters). Believe it or not, even 'Wurth' & 'castrol' guys are using our solution. Its just a chemical compound with no acidic, it wont hurt even your hands - but it will clean even the engine carbons and catalytic converter.

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 1st July 2009 at 12:44.
Old 1st July 2009, 15:47   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
We have made our Own solution and it will clean the car engine parts like a magic.(not harmful and no side effect) If you want you can test it in your car and you can buy it for Rs.100/liter (concentrated and will give you 10 liters). Believe it or not, even 'Wurth' & 'castrol' guys are using our solution. Its just a chemical compound with no acidic, it wont hurt even your hands - but it will clean even the engine carbons and catalytic converter.
Are you in partnership with this workshop? Better get your invention patented, so that atleast you keep getting royalty from all the Wurth's and Castrol's...!
Old 1st July 2009, 17:12   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Are you in partnership with this workshop? Better get your invention patented
No, He is my friend, and we have already applied for that. Wurth is our official supplier for their car products and Castrol is just sponsored us 2 lacks. But no one knows his formula except me(?).

And for those who PMed me about the decarb/workshop details:

1. My friend is a Lazy fellow and do not trust him - if you need your car urgently. He has taken almost one month to do the decarb for my car, So expect at least two months for you.
2. He is not a fool like concorde engineers (who changed my Brake boosters & TMC instead a vacuum pump leakage), so he may not charge you the same like mine's Rs. 3000 - so expect to pay atleast 6000 as labor (parts extra)
3. You cannot expect the same results like my car - you are just a customer - I am his friend. Remember I have spend almost 1 lach on my TCIC only to improve the performance. This decarb is just a part of that. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, My car stayed in the workshop more than its with me. Even yesterday itself we cleaned the catalytic converter.

So if 1) Money is not a problem 2) Time is not a problem - Go to him or PM me for his details. If not I recommend you OWS 360 with 210 - its not a bad product at all.

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 1st July 2009 at 17:31.
Old 1st July 2009, 17:35   #101
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to say that, but the three points do not look so encouraging. Any specific reasons for these business practices ?

Last edited by Eddy : 1st July 2009 at 17:49.
Old 1st July 2009, 17:46   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Any specific reasons for theses business practices
Its his nature, He is not interested in money as he has no children. As for as I know if you ask about his workshop anybody in Chennai - No one knows it. he is a communist and a diploma in automobile, has some experience around 15 years.

He has knowledge, very good knowledge but lazy, very very lazy - currently he is guiding some engineering students for their final year project - I hope they are just boosting up a Maruti 800(???).

But if anybody from Chennai wants to do a decarb job for their TCIC Safari, I may help you. Its just an interest or passion - Not a repair job.

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 1st July 2009 at 17:51.
Old 1st July 2009, 17:49   #103
Team-BHP Support

Oh I get it... he is one of those eccentric geniuses... (said in good taste, no offense)
Old 1st July 2009, 17:57   #104
BHPian

Quote:
he is one of those eccentric geniuses... (said in good taste, no offense)
No, every mechanic is a geniuses, if he treats your car as his own car. But 99% of people just need Money from you - money for their children, to pay their rents, to save in Bank. Period. Because you have Money & a Car.

Do you show me a mechanic who tells you the original price of any parts he purchased for your car?

I know a Safari Vacuum pump is Rs. 2500 for "ME", Rs. 5500 for a VAS dealer and Rs. 6000 for a TVS customer and Rs. 7500 for a concorde customer. If you know this secret...

You cannot source a Vacuum Pump in Chennai for less than 6000 unless you know someone at Lucas India services ltd., but do you know why its costed me 2500? Why a mechanic cant charge me atleast 5000 for that?

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 1st July 2009 at 18:05.
Old 2nd July 2009, 07:15   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
I know a Safari Vacuum pump is Rs. 2500 for "ME", Rs. 5500 for a VAS dealer and Rs. 6000 for a TVS customer and Rs. 7500 for a concorde customer. If you know this secret...
SIr, looks like too much of Chest thumping happening. No offense, but just FYI,

1. Any internal engine part can be washed with petrol / kerosene mix and that has been happening in garages across for many years.

2. Manual decarb is anyday better as one gets to see the part.

3. You are a brave soul to trust your lazy friend and go in for a patent!

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks