Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2016, 17:52   #151
BHPian

Roger Engitech - Worth Try ?

Roger motors has come up with its own kind of engine oil additive named Engitech (details).

Costing Rs 1285 for a syringe of 4ml and as per their claims its a ceramic coating product which coats it self on various engine parts with a lot of benefits as listed on their website.

My concern is - has anyone tried this kind of product and do these products actually work or just another hyped, too good to believe product?

PS: I am using Mahindra TUV which has a noisy, coarse engine and sounds strange as per its mood
Old 20th October 2016, 17:57   #152
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Roger Engitech - Worth Try ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Roger motors has come up with its own kind of engine oil additive named Engitech (details).

Costing Rs 1285 for a syringe of 4ml and as per their claims its a ceramic coating product which coats it self on various engine parts with a lot of benefits as listed on their website.

My concern is - has anyone tried this kind of product and do these products actually work or just another hyped, too good to believe product?

PS: I am using Mahindra TUV which has a noisy, coarse engine and sounds strange as per its mood

Simple answer. NEVER but NEVER use any engine additive in contravention of manufacturer recommendation.

I simply wouldn't do it and nor should you!

Its just not worth it. All these cars are designed properly to function in a certain way.
Either live with it or buy another car which suits you better.

All these additives etc would entail taking a nice big chance which is simply not worth your while.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 20th October 2016 at 17:59.
shankar.balan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 18:03   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Roger Engitech - Worth Try ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
I know Rogers Motors has a good reputation for their suspension modifications (i.e. the Roger AB coil adjuster kits). But in this instance, I'd be cautious.

In general, I'd wonder why we need a third-party oil additive from smaller companies, when we have big lubricant companies like Shell, Mobil 1, Castrol, etc. competing with one another to deliver the best product. Surely one of those companies would have thought to buy out these smaller players if there was truly an advantage, right?

Quoting from http://kewengineering.co.uk/content/additives-explained:
Quote:
Ask any supplier of aftermarket additives these few questions:
  • What was their budget for developing the product?
  • Does the supplier have a Materials Safety Data Sheet?
  • What independent testing has been done?
  • What academic or research institute undertook these tests?
  • Is there any guarantee that damage resulting from their use will be covered at their expense?

Then ask yourself why:
  • Major lubricant companies don’t use the technology that is being claimed as a scientific breakthrough despite their multi-million dollar budgets and team of scientists all with a Ph.D.
  • Can you really improve on the tried and tested formulation by a little bit of brewing of different products?
  • If performance is such a concern, why not just buy a good oil to begin with?
There's much more to read on that page under the heading "What about these aftermarket additives?" which I don't want to directly copy-paste here. But do read the risks of either chlorine based modifiers or solid-based PTFE/MoS2 additives that are described there.

Frankly, its all snake oil - either it gives you the perception of benefit; or worse, it gives a benefit in the short term but causes longer term harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
All these additives etc would entail taking a nice big chance which is simply not worth your while.
+1 to this ^

Last edited by arunphilip : 20th October 2016 at 18:15.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks