Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 11:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbhat View Post
Next project I'm planning may be within this year is to retrofit steering wheel with audio control and MFDII (touch screen infotainment). Have not started working on this, but it is on the cards.
Great to here this waiting for the exclusive mods on Laura.

Can the same be possible on VW Polo or Vento for that matter like adaptive headlamps etc etc

Rated 5 star
Old 27th October 2010, 14:31   #92
BHPian

@akki_5, @anandbhat
you guys rock, great to see all those mods being affected on laura.
keep it up guys, Is it possible to do all these mods on 1.8Tsi ambiente version too?
regards
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:36   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
SKODA Laura AC Issues

Hi Friends,

Just wanted to update you all on an incident with my uncles Skoda Laura Diesel. He recently went for a free check up with Skoda dealer related to reduced cooling on hot days. The dealer told him that the AC compressor and Condensor were gone and it will cost Rs. 70,000 (Yes Seventy Thousand Rupees )

Anyways, we decided to go to a good independent AC mechanic who said that there was an issue with the compressor only and condensor is fine. This was repaired for about Rs. 9000 and ac is working fine now.

I use this car periodically and it is a pleasure to drive. But the prices of spares are an absolute rip off. To put things in perspective a friend of mine got a quote from the Hyundai dealer to replace his ac compressor for 18K for an Elantra. Unless Skoda compressors are gold/platinum plated, I don't see why there should be such a huge difference for a generic part like the AC compressor.
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:36   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

I use this car periodically and it is a pleasure to drive. But the prices of spares are an absolute rip off.
Its nothing but dealer and OEM markuup. For future use, you should identify a good source for original VW parts from the outside.
Old 17th January 2011, 22:04   #95
NKR
BHPian

re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Hi All. Just Reviving the thread on Technical Issues/Problems.

To begin with thanks to ACM,Androdev,ajmat,Anand Bhat and SS-Traveller who have rendered valuable advice.

Well the problem is as follows

The Laura Ambiente TDI ( 2008) 53,000 Km that I bought seems to have a small problem . As I start the engine (Initial cranking- there is a shuddering noise).This noise is not always present

One service guy told me that it is a fly wheel/clutch problem and another guy told me that is an alternator problem.

If it is the flywheel problem from where would i be able to buy the genuine clutch plate and flywheel.
(Skoda guys told me that the cost is around 40-45 K)

Secondly how do i actually come to know what problem it is.

Thanks

Regs NKR
Old 18th January 2011, 08:15   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

See if this helps:

starting site:briskoda.net - Google Search

Is the starting shuddering noise present:
always, only during cold start, or only during warm start?
Old 24th January 2011, 13:47   #97
NKR
BHPian

[quote=NKR;2212654]

Hi again, Took the car to the Mechanics and they identified the problem with the battery and not the Fly wheel (what a relief). There was a noise from the lower arm too.

So did the following

1. Changed the Battery
2. Cleaned the starter Motor
3. Changed the Lower arm suspension bushes and Brackets

After these the car is running as per her usual self. No shuddering noise and clean smooth starts.By the way when the car was starting previously the steering indication used to come on occassionaly . After the battery has been changed and the shuddering has gone away this indication too has gone away.So i hope that is the end of that matter too (Keeping fingers crossed)

Thanks to all who has helped me with their advice.
Old 24th January 2011, 15:29   #98
BHPian

congrats

it is the battery as I face a similar situation in my Laura
will change the battery soon; have serviced the battery thru exide multiple times but the sound does come back as soon as the battery gets a bit old/ car isnt started for 3 days

the reason why it cant be the clutch is I have the automatic, you the manual
the service center guys also told me its the battery which needs replacing in around 6 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Its nothing but dealer and OEM markuup. For future use, you should identify a good source for original VW parts from the outside.
hi Mpower

some suggestions/pointers on the sources would be really great

Last edited by babhishek : 24th January 2011 at 15:30.
Old 26th January 2011, 10:05   #99
NKR
BHPian

[quote=babhishek;2219866] and [quote=androdev;2212811]

Thanks for the inputs.

I have noticed that many mandatory things that need to be done or noticed during regular servicing schedules are left out by ASC. If these are adhered to correctly probably the vehicles performance would improve. One Example is that of our other Laura (New model 2009) which had gone in for service with ASC within a year (6000 KM). They told me that everything including synthetic oil had been changed. but after 1500 Km of servicing I notice black emissions from exhaust.

Now I have reason to doubt whether the oil had been changed at all.

Often said a number of times but reiterated by saying that AS service needs to improve. The company (SKODA) may alternatively appoint authorised service centres as Maruti does to bring in healthy competition that would improve service and push down spare costs.Otherwise this excellent car would spiral down further, if the future of the company and the cars are being entrusted to a group of ASC.

Regs
Old 14th April 2011, 07:20   #100
BHPian

Brand new Skoda Laura issue need help

Hi guys just took a delivery of the Skoda Laura Elegance AT yesterday.
Cant seem to roll up the windiws from the remote, also the wear seat belt light does not come on.
Also is there a way I can see the fuel efficency in kmpl instead of l/100km?
Any help would be appreciated.

Note from Support: Query moved to this thread. Please continue the discussion here. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 14th April 2011 at 10:42. Reason: See note in the post.
Old 14th April 2011, 10:38   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Brand new Skoda Laura issue need help

virkdoc, Have you gone through the owner's manual? It has clarifications for all your concerns here. None of them are serious issues as the thread title says.

1. Keep the Lock/Unlock button pressed for some time to raise/lower windows using the remote. The owner's manual has this procedure described in detail.

2. I always wear the seatbelt so not sure if there is a light in the car that stays on.

3. Fuel consumption figures can only be seen in L/100km in Elegance variant. In L&K it can be changed to kpl.
Old 14th April 2011, 18:27   #102
BHPian

Thannkstook it to *** and they connected it to VAS to start the windows function, it was disabled...so much for the PDI.
There is a light built in for the seat belt thing but I asked the *** guy and he said it doesnt come on in elegance.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:00   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Where are the Horns in Laura located? Any pics would be helpful?
Old 17th June 2011, 23:17   #104
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I have a 3 week old Laura Elegance 2.0 TDI Manual. I have been noticing all along that when the speed goes beyond 45 Kmph, there is a peculiar kind of sound that comes from the rear right of the car, somewhere near the real right door. I would say that the sound is something like radio static,- or something like when you sprinkle some water on boiling oil. I get the feeling that it might be aerodynamics related. I took it to the skoda service workshop and they are of the opinion that it is might be due to some error in the fitting of the rear door rubber lining against which the wind deflects at higher speeds, and hence that noice. Well, I did not see any misfitting rubber lining that could possibly push against the wind. They have tried to correct it but some of the sound is still there. They have writen to Skoda for any update on any similarly reported feedback from other customers.

Second, my car does not have seatbelt warning alarm. I requested the dealer workshop people to activate the feature through VAG in case not activated already. It turns out that there is no seatbelt warning alarm in the Laura? Can Laura owners confirm please?

The single door unlocking was activated today through VAG on my request. One press of the unlock button now only opens the driver's door, while the rest as well as the boot remains locked. If you press the same buton twice that would open all the doors as well as unlock the boot.
Old 18th June 2011, 10:42   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Kotwal View Post
Second, my car does not have seatbelt warning alarm. I requested the dealer workshop people to activate the feature through VAG in case not activated already. It turns out that there is no seatbelt warning alarm in the Laura? Can Laura owners confirm please?
My Laura1.9PD tdi also doesn't have a seatbelt warning alarm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks