Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2008, 14:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Raj, I think it comes from the factory with a standard code - <code removed by moderator>. I may be wrong. But if you call your Work shop now they shall give you this info. Also there is a half an A4 size procedure to personalize the same.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th December 2008 at 13:00. Reason: code removed for what its worth.
Old 11th December 2008, 14:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

thanks a lot buddy, but you better edit the above post at the earliest.
you know the reasons.
Old 11th December 2008, 14:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
thanks a lot buddy, but you better edit the above post at the earliest.
you know the reasons.
I agree, request the mods to alter the post, we don't want our friendly-neighbourhood-thief-in-waiting to try it on more mHwaks, do we?

IMO, these are best sms's personally, not even to be PM'd or mailed.

---
Old 11th December 2008, 14:59   #34
BHPian

i think there will be no worth of changing the password for the immobilizer as for the info i am reading ..

Mhawk has the same code like atm or bank and the thieves are loving it as it took few minutes to know the original pin code by attaching the ecu with the computer ,so i would suggest you to install gear lock and steering lock.
It's not the work of normal car thieves i suppose
it can be few ex service guys from M&M and know how to crack it or change it

Last edited by smokin : 11th December 2008 at 15:00.
Old 11th December 2008, 15:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Friends, The generic immobilizer code need not be same for all mHawks. As I was told that it changes from batch to batch. so no problems with the code I mentioned!
Old 11th December 2008, 16:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
1. Can the ECU be removed by unplugging a few or one wire and refitted with ease? Will doing so erase the values fed into it and if so, how & who can reprogramme?

3. Is there someway by which the ECU can be bypassed and the car started & taken away?

How easy and time consuming are the above jobs?
Gd, both the above jobs are time consuming.
1) There are at least 7 to 8 wires coming into the ECU - not easy to rewire. If disconnected, the basic data stays put in the ECU; it's like initializing. No need for re-programming.
2) No. The ECU is required even for the 'limp home' mode to operate. Short of replacing with another ECU, the car cannot be driven away.
This is one reason car thieves are switching to car-jacking rather than stealing!!
Old 11th December 2008, 16:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Anup, my reason for asking this was to know if it was possible to remove the ECU when you park the car and refit when come back, like you do with the music system where one removes the HU and refits.

In the days of Amby & Fiats, my grand-dad and dad used to remove the distributor cap for the night and refit in the morning; and yes they knew the 1-3-2-4 firing system..

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Gd, both the above jobs are time consuming.
1) There are at least 7 to 8 wires coming into the ECU - not easy to rewire. If disconnected, the basic data stays put in the ECU; it's like initializing. No need for re-programming.
2) No. The ECU is required even for the 'limp home' mode to operate. Short of replacing with another ECU, the car cannot be driven away.
This is one reason car thieves are switching to car-jacking rather than stealing!!
Old 11th December 2008, 16:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anup, interesting theory but how many Mhawk or other up-market car-jackings have you heard about? Most of the ones I hear about are call center cabs & hired car variety being targeted during late night-early morning hours by criminals. Not really the car thief variety.

There was one recently though of a Honda City but there again, it was more a dacoity rather than a car theft as such.
Old 11th December 2008, 16:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Anup, interesting theory but how many Mhawk or other up-market car-jackings have you heard about?
There was one recently though of a Honda City but there again, it was more a dacoity rather than a car theft as such.
Suman, I'd call your theory interesting! When car jacking takes place, it is but logical for the thief to also take away whatever cash/valuables are around. And they will certainly not leave your cell phone with you!
Call it dacoity or whatever, but we seem to be headed that way!

This is why I am in favour of fitting a car tracking system, so that the chances of recovery are better.
Old 11th December 2008, 17:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When car jacking takes place, it is but logical for the thief to also take away whatever cash/valuables are around. And they will certainly not leave your cell phone with you!
Call it dacoity or whatever, but we seem to be headed that way!
OK, maybe I didn't explain myself well. What I'm saying is - consider the category of vehicles that are being primarily car-jacked in the NCR; most of them are the Tavera-Indica-Qualis variety which really do not have Icats or Immobilisers.

The ones that have fancy anti-theft devices are still being "stolen"
Old 11th December 2008, 17:12   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK, maybe I didn't explain myself well. What I'm saying is - consider the category of vehicles that are being primarily car-jacked in the NCR; most of them are the Tavera-Indica-Qualis variety which really do not have Icats or Immobilisers.

You're probably right. However, is anyone aware of an iCATs equipped Maruti vehicle that has been stolen?
I've posted this question on the iCATs thread also. The fact that there have been no replies indicates very strongly that iCATs has not been hacked yet by our thieves.
Old 11th December 2008, 17:19   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Today spoke to our corporate insurers and told him to check up on stolen car claims............ can you believe it, he said 30% of them are Scorpios, though not a single claim for mHwak so far !!!!!! This lends credence to the theory, only if the Immobilizer code has been compromised, it would be eary to steal so many mHwaks from the same area like Navi Mumbai. This is a classic police case of collusion, wonder what they are doing about it?

The insurance guy said, in 3 hours it crosses to Rajastan or MP and the car is history, sold to individuals in rural areas, lots of demand from rural folks. It the price is low, they don't dig deep in to the background of the car. They have stopped insuring Scorpios without security fittings and are physically inspecting them before renewal.

I don't know what kind of cars are stolen in other states, would be interesting to know what kind of security gets broken into. Or is it carelessness that is leading into these thefts?

-------

Last edited by ramkya1 : 11th December 2008 at 17:22.
Old 11th December 2008, 17:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

Scorpios are very high on the list of cars being stolen.

The most cost effective tracking system would be Amsaki (GSM based).
Do check here: Products Amsaki.com
Old 12th December 2008, 11:06   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
surya, can you tell me how you changed the code of the immobilizer? i searched the manual and also the DVD, but in vain. you can PM me about this. or just PM me where this can be found.

i would suggest you rather use any of these features and then comment buddy!
thanks a ton for your concern anyways.
did not mean to offend anybody. Just the fact that Indian manufacturers who provide the high tech features should also concentrate on making them fail proof. This is seldom not done.

PS- As per the Japanese project techniques, 75% of time is spent on planning & testing, 25% on implementation.
Old 12th December 2008, 12:10   #45
Team-BHP Support

you mean to say all mHawk immobilizers can be cracked with the same code?
That is the height of stupidity. Heck even Bank ATM cards are sent out with different random ATM pins to customers! I hope its not the same with the key. One key design for all mHawks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks