Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:17   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOVATOR View Post
I have booked the Indica Vista Anniversary edition - Pl. let me know if I need to focus on any top issues in addition to the regular TBHP PDI chklist....
The front wiper / windscreen glass washing nozzles are usually misaligned. Correcting it is only a matter of a few seconds, but it is worth checking. Also rear washer some(most of the)times doesn't work. And this is usually ignored as it is seldom used. This may also be checked.
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:59   #272
BHPian

Guys is there a way in which one can open the power window switch, replace the bulb inside & re-screw the thing in place? I need to do this urgently...
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:09   #273
Senior - BHPian

there is always the hard way. - try it out yourself
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:11   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
there is always the hard way. - try it out yourself
Sorry boss... I dont want to be the scapegoat. Experience is a hard task master my friend. Sorry for being
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:14   #275
Senior - BHPian

its really not that hard. Remove a few screws, remove the door pad, remove the control unit - loosen a few clips. two screwdrivers - a flathead and a star, a penknife and some superglue should be enough
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:03   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Guys is there a way in which one can open the power window switch, replace the bulb inside & re-screw the thing in place? I need to do this urgently...
Quote:
its really not that hard. Remove a few screws, remove the door pad, remove the control unit - loosen a few clips. two screwdrivers - a flathead and a star, a penknife and some superglue should be enough
Maverick, It is very much easy in fact. NO NEED TO REMOVE ENTIRE DOOR PANEL/PAD. You need to remove only one little screw and pull out the plastic panel that surrounds the dor handle. You can find the screw to be removed; if you look below the door handle. It's small unpainted screw. Just be careful while pulling out that panel, the locking clips are delicate.

See the attached pic for reference:

Indica Vista - list of Known problems-switch-panel.jpg
Old 26th October 2009, 13:00   #277
BHPian

On Saturday I faced breakdown of Vista on Road.

Actually we were traveling from Pune to Hubli for one of my friends wedding ceremony. At kolhapur we had a halt and next day morning we had planned to start for Hubli in afternoon. But suddenly my car refused to start. We called up mechanic he said battery is ok then he guessed that starter might be having some problem. Then we did Dhakka Start. It worked fine. We parked my car to one of my friends house and took his car for next journey. But you can imagine my mood by that time. I was in good mood before and was planning to write this as a travelogue. But after this incidence I did travel only for wedding.

Next day we came back to kolhapur and just gave a try to start a car. It started immediately and drove back to Pune with stopping engine. Today I have given it to B U Bhandari. Lets see what comes out?

Battery is fine and Car starts for only one time after 5 hours gap then it refuses to start. Experts what do you think what is the problem?

Last edited by sushantr5 : 26th October 2009 at 13:01. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 26th October 2009, 13:47   #278
Senior - BHPian

do you mean the engine doesnt start after 5 hours of running, or 5 hours of lying idle after starting ?
Old 26th October 2009, 15:03   #279
BHPian

Quote:
do you mean the engine doesnt start after 5 hours of running, or 5 hours of lying idle after starting ?
When I start engine it will start and run fine. But when stop and try again to star,t the starter is failing to start the engine. It is a starter problem. If I want to start again then I have to use dhakka start method.

But after some gap, about 5 hours(No matter running or idle) when I try to crank the engine then it can start without any problem for one time but after that when I stop and again try to crank up then starter is not able to work.

By this I can understand Starter is not getting sufficient power surge required.
Old 26th October 2009, 20:05   #280
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Can any one confirm the kind of mileage that you get on highways in your Vista Quadrajet.

I recently completed a trip to my native place and was surprised at the mileage that I got, pathetic 13.40, 14.6 and 15.03. These are the mileage figures that I got. The first 13.40 was when I was going flat out at 130kms / hr and the remaining when I was driving a sedate 80kms to 90 kms /hr with 100% AC. I am bit disappointed as even my Baleno gives me better mileage than this on highways.

Kailash
Old 26th October 2009, 20:19   #281
Senior - BHPian

sushant - this can be a bit tricky. I'd suggest going through the Indica list of issues and the tiug posts on indica starting trouble ( at the end of which you will know enough to earn your PhD in Indicas )

Worst case, prepare for a lot of repeated visits to the tasc, and remember to get this sorted out ASAP
Old 27th October 2009, 10:11   #282
BHPian

@Kailash,

I got a mileage of 21.5km/l @ 90-100 kmph on NH1 from my Vista QJD. Fuel used is BP Normal Diesel from COCO Pump.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:39   #283
BHPian

My Vista Quadrajet now emitts heavy black smoke when I complained this to Service Guy he said Tata doen not recommend any additives (like System D) for quadrajet engine. And These engines do not require decarburization. I dont know how can I solve my black smoke problem?
Old 27th October 2009, 12:45   #284
Senior - BHPian

system D is not recommended for the Quadrajet engine. only for the tata TDI engine.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:49   #285
Senior - BHPian

yes the new latest gen diesel engines dont require any additives to be added along with fuel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks