Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 09:32   #286
BHPian

@sushant5,

If you are using Premium diesels, please refrain from them, they emit black smoke in QJD engine.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:16   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
@sushant5,

If you are using Premium diesels, please refrain from them, they emit black smoke in QJD engine.

I am aware of this thing. I usually fill diesel from reliable diesel pump.
Old 4th November 2009, 11:43   #288
BHPian

I had a problem with my Vista yesterday evening.

As usual i started the car and waited for some 30 seconds and switched on the blower. But nothing happened. Increased the fan speed and checked. That is when i realized that the blower was not working.

The Recirculation ON/OFF switch is not working. And the AC ON/OFF switch is not working either. These two may be because the blower is not getting switched on.

What could be the reason for the blower not working ? Could it be a blown fuse ? Or will it be something else ? I'd like to get atleast a vague idea before giving the car to the TASC. Or i'll have to buy their stories. So can the gurus please help me ? An immedeate response will be of great help.
Old 4th November 2009, 12:25   #289
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
What could be the reason for the blower not working ? Could it be a blown fuse
It is most likely the fuse.

See the following post and the two below that.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1399106

The owner's manual would have the fuse details else the fuse box cover would have the details. These are standard fuses and you would get them in any spare parts shop.

If it is indeed the fuse and if it blows again after changing, you would have to check the electrical part.

It is an orange coloured 5A fuse in the Indica and its cousins.

Hope this helps!
Old 4th November 2009, 13:38   #290
BHPian

"I am luvin it"... This palce (TBHP) is so good.
Thanks a TON trrk.

Now i know what to do once i get out of office. Will get the fuse replaced by my neighbour first. He is a mechanic. Will take it to TASC only if that doesnt work. I believe that would not cause any other damage to the car.
Old 4th November 2009, 16:41   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a TON trrk.

Now i know what to do once i get out of office. Will get the fuse replaced by my neighbour first. He is a mechanic. Will take it to TASC only if that doesnt work. I believe that would not cause any other damage to the car.
You dont even need to go to Mechanic. You can manage it by yourself. On the cover they have given clear information about Fuses, which fuse is for what. And there you will find fuse remover too, using that remove the fuse, check it and replace with extra fuse provided.
Old 4th November 2009, 18:13   #292
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Thanks a TON trrk.
If it has helped, I am happy. Thanks.

Quote:
Will get the fuse replaced by my neighbour first. He is a mechanic. I believe that would not cause any other damage to the car.
As Sushant has pointed out it is a simple thing to do. But if you are not the do it yourself type, get it done as you have suggested.

Replace it with the same capacity fuse. Remember to check at the service centre, if the fuse is blown again.

I guess there would not be any other damage in the present scenario.

All the best and report your findings and resolution, so that it would benefit everybody.
Old 4th November 2009, 20:18   #293

There is an occasional problem with engaging reverse gear in my QJD. The reverse indicators light up but upon release of clutch there is a grinding noise and the gear doesn't engage. I'll have to release and re-engage it.
Rarely while moving in reverse gear the vehicle stops suddenly with a loud metal clank, If I release and re-engage reverse gear it moves as if nothing happened (this happened twice in the 2000 Km I've driven so far).
Old 4th November 2009, 21:15   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod-the-pc View Post
There is an occasional problem with engaging reverse gear in my QJD. The reverse indicators light up but upon release of clutch there is a grinding noise and the gear doesn't engage. I'll have to release and re-engage it.
Rarely while moving in reverse gear the vehicle stops suddenly with a loud metal clank, If I release and re-engage reverse gear it moves as if nothing happened (this happened twice in the 2000 Km I've driven so far).
This happens to me every time when I try to put car in reverse gear, either I have to push hard or release clutch and again push hard.
Old 4th November 2009, 22:30   #295

@sushantr5, did you talk to the Tata service centre about this ?
Old 5th November 2009, 10:34   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod-the-pc View Post
@sushantr5, did you talk to the Tata service centre about this ?
Nope, I will speak about this in my 30k kms service.
Old 5th November 2009, 10:47   #297
BHPian

My car [Vista QJD] is in the garage and this time for a long time. I used to have a slight shuddering when i engage in 1st gear and release the clutch. This problem had persisted from day-1 and i was complaining. During the 3rd service, i made a strong remark about the same not being fixed. So, TASS decided to get it done and it seems there is a problem with some bushes in the gear assembly

Now comes the best part. Since my car had done just 10000kms, it seems TATA does not approve of opening the gear box assembly below 10K kms. So, in warranty period, they are replacing teh entire gear box assembly. They have placed the order and it should be here in 1 week's time. I just hope, that they dont screw something else when they fit the assembly.
Old 5th November 2009, 11:06   #298
Senior - BHPian

svdath. Most of us would be happy with the gearbox replacement instead of repair. Tata is actually shelling out $$ so that your car remains new
Old 5th November 2009, 11:16   #299
BHPian

Sushant and trrk, Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

I decided to replace the fuse myself. But when i opened, i found that no fuse was blown. So i casually put that back in place and started the car. This time the blower worked. So the problem must have been a loose contact. Since i dint want this to happen with other fuses also, i pulled out all the fuses one by one and placed them firmly in the slots. So far so good.
Old 5th November 2009, 13:19   #300
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Sushant and trrk, Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
The pleasure was ours!

Quote:
I decided to replace the fuse myself. So the problem must have been a loose contact. Since i dint want this to happen with other fuses also, i pulled out all the fuses one by one and placed them firmly in the slots. So far so good.
Sorry not to have given that suggestion! Now that you have put each of them properly, you should not have any problem because of loose connection.

The fuse box placement in the Indica and its cousins is a pain to open and close the lid. I understand that the Vista fuse box is placed better. How did you feel?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks