Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 12:49   #466
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Fitted My Car with "Floor Matting"(local word for floor covering) and tight fit seat covers(Grey with centre areas beige colour) today.(On Request,I can post a pic) .
In your own thread, please. A formal request hereby is made for putting up photographs. Definitely not here, though!

Last edited by trrk : 7th January 2010 at 12:51.
Old 7th January 2010, 15:11   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I was also wondering if the Linea engine & gear box can be plonked into the Vista? Its already doing duty in the Manza & now in the Punto, so why not in the Vista. I am sure Tata might not do this in the near future at least, but can we as an individual do it is the question.
it'll probly be launched by 2010 end. Called Vista Ignis and shall have ABS & Airbags as well.
It may feature the same 90bhp engines from the fiat stable

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 7th January 2010 at 15:12. Reason: typo
Old 7th January 2010, 16:02   #468
BHPian

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
An update regarding rusting on rear quarter glass division bar.
I spoke(on phone) to TASC in Pune (Pandit Auto, Akurdi) about this rusting thing, he without any hesistaion accpeted this and asked me not to worry and told me that the bar would be replaced in warranty. He asked me to SMS the vehicle no and the part side (left hand or right hand) so that he could order it and call me once he has the part. So far good. Lets wait and see how this goes.

Apart from this noticed another problem yesterday night - lights of the driver side power windows gone kaput. Though not a serious issue but still it nags. On this problem the TASC guy told "no problem sir - switch will be replaced wen you come the next time".
An Update. Recieved a call from the dealer regarding the rusted rear quarter glass division bar. This part was replaced with a new one. Since under warranty - hence no charges. Also the lights of driver side power windows have now started glowing.
The whole activity took around half a day.
Old 16th January 2010, 09:31   #469
BHPian

An Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
The Black stickers on the rear window pane on the outside have come off partially and exposed the metal inside which has started to rust due to absense of any paint on the surface. need to take it to the service station asap
Isint it a bit early in the day to rust
I mean its not even monsoons and its just 3 months old
The car had gone for its 2nd service at 5300kms and was told that the rear quarter window pane was out of stock and would be ordered. After about a week I did call up and asked for an update on the same and was told it was still out of stock, an order was placed to pune, but the said item was not available there too.

Then the pune call-centre calls up for feedback and I give a big 0 (zero) for a particular question about how the job was done.
Immediately on the 2nd day of the call I get a call from the TASC that the part has arrived and I can leave the car for half a day. the part was changed and looks as good as new now.

Job done, car washed, interior cleaning done. bill : Rs. zero/-
cheers!!
Old 16th January 2010, 10:56   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Then the pune call-centre calls up for feedback and I give a big 0 (zero) for a particular question about how the job was done.
Immediately on the 2nd day of the call I get a call from the TASC that the part has arrived and I can leave the car for half a day.
Nice to hear that feedback given to TATA are "taken care of" immediately. Seems effective.
Old 18th January 2010, 13:08   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
it'll probly be launched by 2010 end. Called Vista Ignis and shall have ABS & Airbags as well.
It may feature the same 90bhp engines from the fiat stable
Thats the petrol engine that you are talking about. I have seen pics of the car on many a site.
What I am talking about is the diesel engine with the VGT. As of now this engine is present in the Linea Multijet & the Manza Quadrajet.
Thus I dont see this engine coming into the Punto or the Vista any time soon. So the question still remains unanswered - Can we plonk the 90BHP Quadrajet VGT engine or not?
Old 18th January 2010, 13:24   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats the petrol engine that you are talking about. I have seen pics of the car on many a site.
What I am talking about is the diesel engine with the VGT. As of now this engine is present in the Linea Multijet & the Manza Quadrajet.
Thus I dont see this engine coming into the Punto or the Vista any time soon. So the question still remains unanswered - Can we plonk the 90BHP Quadrajet VGT engine or not?
If i am not wrong, Punto 90PS VGT has already been displayed at Auto expo 2010. So TATA might also come up with VGT version of Vista!
Old 18th January 2010, 14:04   #473
BHPian

Need urgent help:
I had parked my car near a building site a few days back in the morning. When I came back I was shocked to see that there were innumerable cement spots on the whole car including the glass portions. Rubbing with detergent water didn't help much & I ended up with a few scratches on the body.
Is there any solution besides getting a fresh coat of paint on the whole car. I somehow dont feel like doing that since the car is just 1 year old & I have never ever got any of my car re-painted in the past.
Should I give it for polishing 1st? Problem is that the guy whom I trust for polishing is refusing to give me a guarantee that the spots will vanish. Please suggest an alternative place for getting the polishing done.

Any help, suggestions will be highly appreciated...
Old 20th January 2010, 18:07   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Need urgent help:
I had parked my car near a building site a few days back in the morning. When I came back I was shocked to see that there were innumerable cement spots on the whole car including the glass portions. Rubbing with detergent water didn't help much & I ended up with a few scratches on the body.
Is there any solution besides getting a fresh coat of paint on the whole car. I somehow dont feel like doing that since the car is just 1 year old & I have never ever got any of my car re-painted in the past.
Should I give it for polishing 1st? Problem is that the guy whom I trust for polishing is refusing to give me a guarantee that the spots will vanish. Please suggest an alternative place for getting the polishing done.

Any help, suggestions will be highly appreciated...
Guys come on... No answers? I dont believe this or is this something too trivial & unimportant?
Old 20th January 2010, 20:14   #475
BHPian

There are threads which talk about removing cement from the car paint. Visit a professional car detailing guys (3M authorized shop or someone similar) and check if they can help remove the stains. Dont use detergent at all on the paint, it might do even greater damage.
Old 21st January 2010, 19:25   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
[.....]
And as per my QJD manual, the oil change interval is 10,000kms or 12 months whichever is earlier. (Myself changing every 5K kms)

Meanwhile ensure that they do not overfill it.
What is the interval of changing Oil in Quadrajet?Of course ,I know 10,000kms as per owner's manual.but ,Do this QJD Engine needs 5000kms Oil Change ?

Overfilling - I hope it is 3.2 litres of Oil.And Dipstick will show the actual quantity?
Old 21st January 2010, 19:40   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
What is the interval of changing Oil in Quadrajet?Of course ,I know 10,000kms as per owner's manual.but ,Do this QJD Engine needs 5000kms Oil Change ?

Overfilling - I hope it is 3.2 litres of Oil.And Dipstick will show the actual quantity?
Many in the forum do change at 5K if I am not wrong. Myself doing so especially since most of my trips are short.

Last time, they charged for 3.7 litres but fortunately it was just at the top level mark. (discussed in the thread earlier too)
Old 21st January 2010, 20:27   #478
BHPian

[quote=greenhorn;1184284]

Hi ! Have a query for you.
Just as Tata was charging dough for 3.7 lit for the vista quadrajet?
Are they charging for 500ml extra on the Indigo diesel ?
5.5 Lit is what the manual states as the qtty. of engine oil for the TC engined Indigo.
In reality i cant fill more than 5 lit. without overfilling and that too exceed the max. dipstick mark level by 2/3 mm.
So whats the story ?
Somebody suggested that .5 lit of old oil remains inside .
Any ideas since you have the same engine ?
Old 21st January 2010, 22:05   #479
Senior - BHPian

I'm billed for 5.5l. Once when i gave them 5+1l cans from outside, they gave me a half empty 1l can back. So i imagine they need more than 5L.

highnoon, was the oil filter changed? I think dr trrk might be able to help better
Old 22nd January 2010, 09:02   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I'm billed for 5.5l. Once when i gave them 5+1l cans from outside, they gave me a half empty 1l can back. So i imagine they need more than 5L.

highnoon, was the oil filter changed? I think dr trrk might be able to help better
Hi ,
If you gave them 5+1 , they'll have to show 5.5 being used. would they not ?. How would they justify the extra half a litre that they been milking for so long? ( if at all )
Have you ever got the oil changed outside of TASS?
Most mechs. i spoke to just laughed when i told them manual specifies 5.5 lit.:(
I did change the filter , i also changed the oil at operating temp., also lifted the dipstick both while draining and filling to prevent air lock, gave it a long time to drain. Had even used a flush during one of the service. so the chances of that much old oil being left behind seem remote.
My mech is an oldtimer, regularly gets mercs and even some vintage rally cars form around juhu area.
I am confused as hell.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks