Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 11:57   #91
BHPian

I fixed it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
FIX: Change the housing, not the lamp.
I fixed the cracks myself with Araldite glue, a month back.
Till now it's holding good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Note: Don't try pulling the housing off yourself if the rattling becomes unbearable. You can end up pulling off the main bolt that fixes the entire unit to the body. (Don't ask me how I know about this....)
Ice,
I can't resist asking why you say that.
The housing is just screwed to the body with Allen key bolts. If you have allen key of the correct size, you can remove and fix easily.
Or am I missing something?
Old 6th August 2010, 20:03   #92
BHPian

Intermittent Humming to a slight gurgle

My MJD had its Engine oil change with Air and oil filters at 40kkm.I used Mobil Delvac MX brought in from Hyderabad along with oil and Air filters from the ASC with bills.The work was done by an experienced Jeep mechanic near our project site.All went well and the Delvac MX made the car feel and drive better.
But just a couple of days back,on the morning start,after the initial hum on ignition before cranking,the humming continued intermittently for the next 1 hour - 40 km.It again continued on the way back later in the evening.
Today,a new gurgle has begun along with the humming.Initially I thought it was AC but no,its clearly heard inside the cabin without AC too.There is no change in pickup/mileage or any indication of any problem.The car is just normal.But the sound is worrying since the ASC is 300km away!!.The car is under Warranty till Aug'2011.
Can anybody help in diagnosing this issue?
Please mates help.
Regards
Old 6th August 2010, 23:47   #93
Senior - BHPian

Take it to the nearest Competent ASC. This could be a problem with wheel bearings or fuel pump (that's the hum when you turn the key) or anything else. Without hearing the sound, its impossible to determine.
Old 9th August 2010, 15:17   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Take it to the nearest Competent ASC. This could be a problem with wheel bearings or fuel pump (that's the hum when you turn the key) or anything else. Without hearing the sound, its impossible to determine.
Thanks Architect.Sorry for the late reply.
Its definitely not the wheel bearings.This humming sound comes at standstill also!.Unfortunately my nearest ASC is very far away and time doesnt permit me to visit him.I have not driven my car since this issue came up.
Another doubt,do MJDs also have to get tuned.?If so,is tuning done during servicing everytime?
Thanks.
Old 9th August 2010, 23:16   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton View Post
Another doubt,do MJDs also have to get tuned.?If so,is tuning done during servicing everytime?
Thanks.
What sort of tuning? In the carburetted petrol engines, there was tuning needed to control the mixture or the ignition timing. What does one tune in an microprocessor controlled common-rail diesel without fiddling with the chip?
Old 10th August 2010, 16:33   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
What sort of tuning? In the carburetted petrol engines, there was tuning needed to control the mixture or the ignition timing. What does one tune in an microprocessor controlled common-rail diesel without fiddling with the chip?
Actually,I too have the same idea i.e.CRDI/MJD engines are Chip controlled.
But some very well informed and senior people around me have advised me on that.Hence my doubt.
Thanks again.i am not going to listen to them again.
coming to my car's problem,I have stopped taking it out fearing breakdown in this remote area.
regards
Old 29th October 2010, 12:23   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton View Post
Thanks Architect.Sorry for the late reply.
Its definitely not the wheel bearings.This humming sound comes at standstill also!.Unfortunately my nearest ASC is very far away and time doesnt permit me to visit him.I have not driven my car since this issue came up.
Thanks.
The humming sound is probably your EGR in action. The Exhaust Gas Recycling is a feature and generates a loud enough humming sound. That should not be a problem.
Old 14th November 2010, 08:29   #98
BHPian

Lots of Water droplets on the driver side , when using the a.c on stile sdx.Is there a drain pipe on the drivers side too.
Old 14th November 2010, 16:06   #99
Senior - BHPian

If it is water, then check the drainage pipe which drains out the water from the base of the windshield. It gets clogged with leaves. When it is clogged, the water finds its way inwards through the dashboard.

Also check for clutch master cylinder leakage which is inside the dashboard on the driver's side.
Old 14th November 2010, 22:35   #100
BHPian

Thanks architect, will check and update .
Old 15th November 2010, 09:02   #101
BANNED

What is the frequency of the gear/transmission oil change? I have completed 3rd paid service so far.
Old 15th November 2010, 17:40   #102
BHPian

Tried locating the drain pipe , but was just unlucky. Finally took her to the showroom but to my surprise even the service guys could not figure out the problem. Gave me some weird explanation ,it may be due to mositure .
Architect , if you can explain where to locate the pipe ,it would be of great help .Basically the water dips in from a BLACK BOX kind of stuff near the side vent for sending air to the footwell on the driver side.
Old 16th November 2010, 00:07   #103
Senior - BHPian

It could be AC condensate as well, but I can't say.

The drainage pipe is located in the center of the firewall, about 12 inches below the ECU mounting. It's a rubber outlet which is flexible and muck collects there. I have had my entire car flooded because of that blockage so now I am careful. Let me try and put up some pictures if possible.

@zaks, gearbox oil change interval is 60,000 km AFAIK. Check the owner's manual. In any case its synthetic oil so it should last 60,000 km without issues.
Old 16th November 2010, 09:40   #104
BHPian

Architect , i will try to locate it again today , however a few pic's would be great help.
Old 16th November 2010, 09:58   #105
BHPian

Palio AC issue

I hope I'm not bumping this thread: but here is a problem with the A/C pressure switch on the palio.
I had posted this on the punto thread not knowing that this existed,
here is the link to the pics and the problem.
Can you please help source this part and any idea on the price or brand?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2056662
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2056688
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2058645

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks