Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2007, 14:36   #106
Awaiting Email Confirmation

rear wheel drive...is the way to go if you have alot of torque on your hands,coz if front wheels drive cars were really torquey what would happen and name a few front wheel drives that come with absolutely huge bhp figures ...ever wonder why/ torque steer for one thing and the other being?you guessed it..letting the front end control the car rather than having to deal with powering up as well
Old 21st March 2007, 15:45   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilvtec View Post
guys dont you think its better to drag in a front wheel drive rather than a rear wheel drive .... because the front wheel vehicle wont be wasting energy tranfering power to the rear wheels...??
RWD cars can transfer torque a lot better and hence give more traction due to weight transfer which is not true for the FWD cars.
Old 21st March 2007, 17:06   #108
BHPian

This thread contains some very useful information. A very informative thread indeed.
Old 8th April 2007, 06:39   #109
Senior - BHPian

even i agree with GTO in this aspect and i personally vote for RWD atleast after watching fast and furious 3 tokyo drift, and then i also tried drifting in my accent viva crdi all i could do was scramble and then i decided FWD sucks atleast for me, it surely sucks!
Old 8th April 2007, 10:09   #110
Senior - BHPian

I would like to know how many people here who claim to prefer RWD have driven a powerful RWD, say 200+ bhp, in tricky conditions, without traction control.
Old 8th April 2007, 12:47   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
even i agree with GTO in this aspect and i personally vote for RWD atleast after watching fast and furious 3 tokyo drift, and then i also tried drifting in my accent viva crdi all i could do was scramble and then i decided FWD sucks atleast for me, it surely sucks!
firstly the f&f cars are all kit cars means bad cars with fancy paint job except for the f&f1 supra which is a real supra and was rented out by the owner to the f&f crew.so i doubt you should follow after this movie.this was covered by the magazine car and driver magazine.

Quote:
3.8l FWD Pontiac Grand Prix
"whatcanthisbe" can you tell me what year pontiac grand prix did you drive because last time i checked it was a rwd car.
Old 8th April 2007, 17:22   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
firstly the f&f cars are all kit cars means bad cars with fancy paint job except for the f&f1 supra which is a real supra and was rented out by the owner to the f&f crew.so i doubt you should follow after this movie.this was covered by the magazine car and driver magazine.
Boss, I have no idea where you're getting this idea. The Nismo Mustang is a very real creation, as is the red Evo with the front drive disabled. Right down to the VW Touran, they were all created for the movie. And that Fortune kit on the RX-7 costs as much as the car itself.

Quote:
"whatcanthisbe" can you tell me what year pontiac grand prix did you drive because last time i checked it was a rwd car.
Nice one, bro. Thought as much, but didn't bother to check.
Old 8th April 2007, 17:28   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Boss, I have no idea where you're getting this idea. The Nismo Mustang is a very real creation, as is the red Evo with the front drive disabled. Right down to the VW Touran, they were all created for the movie. And that Fortune kit on the RX-7 costs as much as the car itself.
Well, the Eclipse Spyder in the second movie was just that 125 hp stock, with dubs more expensive than the car.
Old 8th April 2007, 17:31   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to know how many people here who claim to prefer RWD have driven a powerful RWD, say 200+ bhp, in tricky conditions, without traction control.
I drive one daily. I dont prefer RWD massively - the only likeable part is the fishtailing one can do occassionally. I wont buy a car just to fishtail once in a while. And before you ask more questions - yes TC is off all the time and conditions have been tricky in Dubai this year. Far too much rain for a desert - far more than they've ever seen tilldate.

Else I should be rich enough to afford one just for that purpose. Which I am not.

Last edited by Steeroid : 8th April 2007 at 17:32.
Old 8th April 2007, 17:35   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I drive one daily. I dont prefer RWD massively
Well there you go. That's what I meant. All these guys saying RWD-for-purists or some such thing have never driven anything quicker than a Vtec. Imagine going down Airport Rd when it's pouring in a 200 bhp Contessa. You better make sure you don't sneeze. Or blink.
Old 8th April 2007, 19:54   #116
BHPian

Quote:
yes the rx7 and the mustangs are true but the other cars in older f&f and some of the 350z were also stock and also thats true about the powerfull rwd and thats the problem with older american cars the handling.
Old 8th April 2007, 19:59   #117
Senior - BHPian

I've driven a RWD and been caught off guard by snow. Did a 360 on a busy road while trying to change lanes. But my 245 sport tires were to blame too.
Quote:
The Grand Prix is very much a FWD car with no AWD option either.
Old 8th April 2007, 20:05   #118
Senior - BHPian

people can someone please tell me what AWD stands for?
i know what FWD and RWD is?
Old 8th April 2007, 20:07   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The Grand Prix is very much a FWD car with no AWD option either.
Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - RSportsCars.com
Old 8th April 2007, 20:26   #120
Senior - BHPian

Sad to say that website is published wrong info.

The GTP is a special and unique car in many ways. First application of a the Chevy small block in a FWD car and the first car to have wider front tires than the rear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks