Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:17   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishetty View Post
Hey Wildon, which service center you are getting your car looked at?
It's Trident Hyundai, Kalyan Nagar.
Old 27th April 2010, 12:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

The test car I drove has the same issue. Its very irritating and very noticeable in even small rough patches. I could also hear some other strange sounds from the RH suspension side.

DSC says that working on the steering has made it harder. Hope they come up with some solution soon. I have updated my findings on the AC on the other thread.
Old 1st July 2010, 09:46   #48
BANNED

There are plenty of owners here and abroad who complaints about this issue and Hyundai is not able to rectify this completely. Its better to have a universal data base for collecting the info regarding this issue as owners are spread across different forums.

Here is a form in which you can input your details

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/vie...NhZVE6MQ#gid=0

and the master data can be viewed anytime by visiting the following link

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...en&output=html
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:14   #49
BANNED

3rd Free Service Done. A part has been changed under warranty to take care of the rattle sound which i was complaining. Its called GEAR ASSEMBLY - STEERING, Part No:565001J950
There no rattle sound now and will update you once the car do some run.

Here is how the replaced part will look like.
Old 4th August 2010, 00:44   #50
Senior - BHPian

Wildon, I've been provided with a simpler and effective (as of now) solution. Check the following thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...c-rattles.html
Old 4th August 2010, 01:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

I had sent my car today to Saini Hyundai for the rattling issue and they fixed the noise with addition of urethane pad and spring...

Now lets see how long the fix lasts...
Old 6th October 2010, 09:25   #52
BANNED

Hm... the last part change (GEAR ASSEMBLY - STEERING, Part No:565001J950) also couldn't solved the issue as the rattling is back in my car after crossing 1000+ K.M. I don't know what Hyundai is going to do next !!
Old 6th October 2010, 11:53   #53
BHPian

The most surprising aspect of this whole saga is that after more than 12 months of customer complaints from across the country on a consistent basis, Hyundai is happy with merely repeating & re-phrasing their "fix" to the media.

There doesn't seem to be one single individual owner who has had this issue solved to their satisfaction!!!!

Is it really this difficult for Hyundai to identify and address an issue with a product conceived & designed by themselves. Even if the said steering column is supplied by a 3rd party vendor, surely with all the R&D at their disposal and with the right effort the "real" problem could have been identified and addressed!!!

What gives Hyundai?????? Or are there more sinister forces at play? Sort of like an X - Files thingie????
Old 6th October 2010, 12:50   #54
BHPian

Just my curiosity: Have these Hyundai SA/technicians ever driven the car after opening up the dashboard to check where the sound/rattle emanates from? I mean first of all, it should be possible to drive after unscrewing the dashboard right?
Old 6th November 2010, 23:00   #55
BANNED

Now Santa FE rattles

I think the rattle ghost is spreading to new Hyundai vehicles too, The latest effected is Santa FE.

Quote:
Symptom/Condition
Some Santa Fe (CM) vehicles might exhibit rattle noise originating from the steering gear rack bush while slowly driving on a rough and unpaved road.

Cause
Due to abnormal clearance between the rack and the rack bush on the right side of the steering gear box.

Countermeasure
Replace the rack bush assembly with the newly improved one
Old 6th November 2010, 23:27   #56
BHPian

Wildon, my i10's front-left door also rattles crazy. I had once got it fixed through DSC hyundai. But just after 10 kms, the rattle is back to its all glory! it is extremely annoying.
Old 7th November 2010, 10:35   #57
BANNED

Also some info about the i10/i20 but this counter measure is not solved the problem.

Quote:
Symptom/Condition
Some i10/ i20 vehicles may exhibit the condition of abnormal noise from the steering column while driving on rough roads.

Countermeasure /Remedy
Apply the special purpose MM-V grease in the damping coupler of the MDPS motor assembly to eliminate the noise.
@MutantX

You have to spend time to find it out yourself. The dealers are frustrated with those frequent complaints.
Old 8th November 2010, 14:30   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I think the rattle ghost is spreading to new Hyundai vehicles too, The latest effected is Santa FE.
Wildon, can you point me to the link from were you have quoted on Santa Fe?
Old 8th November 2010, 16:07   #59
BANNED

The quoted points are from a copy of document which i have with me. The further info about Hyundai vehicles can be obtained from here.

Go through the sticky topics if you want to know the common problems.
Old 23rd November 2010, 18:17   #60
BANNED

Quote:
■ Symptom/Condition
Some i30 (FD) and Elantra (HD) vehicles may exhibit rattle noise from the steering
column while driving at low speed 20~60 KPH(12~37 MPH) over rough roads or turning
the steering column right and left.

■ Countermeasure
Replace the steering column lower mounting bracket and the MDPS (Motor Driven Power Steering)
worm shaft flexible coupling with the newly improved ones.
So its clear that they have serious problems with steering design or the parts supplied which they are not admitting. Will Hyundai recall all the effected vehicles here in India ?! as i10 & i20 owners are still waiting for a fix.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks