Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2011, 16:58   #76
BHPian

Re: Rattling problem on the i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump Start View Post
its due to the brake pad dust and not the fluid. it is normal
Will this Dust Pad dirt be permanent or will it stop messing up my wheels ?
Old 21st February 2011, 23:30   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
Yesterday I test-drove an i20 just to see how bad the rattling issue was. I drove on not-so-good roads and the rattling from steering column was evident.

The test drive car was driven for 22k kms. The sales person kept giving reasons like its a old car driven for 22k kms. And then he says tyre pressure is 36 and hence the rattling.

If anyone wants to experience the rattling sound, test drive the white i20 at Advaith Motors - Vasanth Nagar.
36 psi is one of the issues. 30 is the ideal pressure as displayed in Hyundai dealer.

Regards Johnn
Old 22nd February 2011, 00:24   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Will this Dust Pad dirt be permanent or will it stop messing up my wheels ?
It doesn't mess up the wheels. Just get some brake pad cleaning fluid that you get in any automobile store ( I guess it is Vista make) and follow instructions on the canister. You can have clean discs. Mind you - The process has to be repeated after a while. Though the can says it prevents pad dirt from settling, it does settle but not as much as earlier. Try it. Good luck with that.
Old 22nd February 2011, 19:14   #79
Senior - BHPian

I really want to drive an i20 with the rattle. I have trying hard to figure out if my i20 also rattles. but haven't been able to figure out anything yet. I have driven on not so good roads too, though I can feel the regular rumble of driving on rough roads, i wasn't able to figure out any rattle that we have been talking about on this thread and others. I only had krrrrrrrrr (very mild) sound coming out from the left side - interior, that was bcos of the cable of the amplifier rubbing against the body which I had gotten fixed. besides that i don't hear any rattle.

The only thing I notice is if I go over a speed breaker a lil quicker than usual, there is a thud on landing - presumably on the left front - is this what we are talking about? Or --->

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks