Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2013, 13:36   #106
BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Accessories and Parts PriceList

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Can anybody tell me the part number (or at least the proper name) of the air filter box (or is it called housing?) for the old Alto? Mine is a VXi. Can't seem to find it in the part list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Its probably because the air-filter is usually referred to in Suzuki documentation as the "air cleaner". Will post the part numbers from the catalog tomorrow. If I remember correct, the air filter housing is the same for the F8D & F10D Altos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
I did search for "air cleaner", but wasn't able to land something specifically. Please let me know the part number at your convenience.
Hi Swarnava, the part number for the air-filter "box" appears to be '13700-77G00'.

The price of said part according to the MGP pricing spreadsheet is Rs.3,185.92.

Here's the relevant page from the Alto Parts-Catalog.

Maruti Genuine Accessories and Parts PriceList-alto_aircleaner_0.png
im_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 10:26   #107
BHPian

My Dzire ZDI refused to start yesterday. Not even a crank. After push starting, left her at MSM Guindy workshop. Looks like starter motor of the engine has gone bust. The SA is quoting 6000Rs. just for the spare part. Labor charges and tax extra.

I just had a quick glimpse of the spare part list and found these
31100M86J00 S MOTOR ASSY, STARTING Swift 4716.00
31100M86J01 S MOTOR ASSY, STARTING Swift 4716.00
31100M75J00 S MOTOR ASSY,STARTING Swift 3971.56
(sourced from the post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...t-mgplist.xlsx)

Can some one please help me out in finding the right part number? The SA says that the motor is different for petrol and diesel engines. Is he right? Anyway the price quoted is 1300 Rs more that the highest price listed above. Is it possible that the prices have gone up now?

Also, what are the possible reasons for the motor to go bust? The car is just 2 years old. Any driving/starting habit that causes premature failure of the motor or it is just the normal wear which causes the failure?
Old 5th June 2013, 19:14   #108
BHPian

pedalpoint - you are right, a started motor going bust in 2 years is pretty odd.

Call up Susee Auto Spares at Valasaravakkam and they will let you know about everything that you need to know about MGP.

Chk out this link for more details ---> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...s-chennai.html

Also, the starter motors, alternators & wiper motors of most Indian cars are by supplied by Lucas-TVS as OE. They have an excellent service network in Chennai. Check that out as well.
rubicon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 11:48   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalpoint View Post
Looks like starter motor of the engine has gone bust. The SA is quoting 6000Rs.

The SA says that the motor is different for petrol and diesel engines. Is he right? Anyway the price quoted is 1300 Rs more that the highest price listed above. Is it possible that the prices have gone up now?

Also, what are the possible reasons for the motor to go bust? The car is just 2 years old. Any driving/starting habit that causes premature failure of the motor or it is just the normal wear which causes the failure?
I can't believe that a starter motor can go "bust" ; all that a motor of this age requires is servicing ,and , at best replacement of carbon brushes.

Older motors may require rewinding of the armature/field coil.

The motors for a diesel are generally of a higher capacity than equivalent petrols - that is why you see batteries in diesels are bigger(higher Ah)

Suggest you check with a reliable electrician too.

Before you saw the failure , was there a situation where you cranked the car for unusually long periods? or a situation where the starter continued to oeprate when the engine started? the latter has a potential to blow the coils.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 12:56   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I can't believe that a starter motor can go "bust" ; all that a motor of this age requires is servicing ,and , at best replacement of carbon brushes.

Older motors may require rewinding of the armature/field coil.

The motors for a diesel are generally of a higher capacity than equivalent petrols - that is why you see batteries in diesels are bigger(higher Ah)

Suggest you check with a reliable electrician too.

Before you saw the failure , was there a situation where you cranked the car for unusually long periods? or a situation where the starter continued to oeprate when the engine started? the latter has a potential to blow the coils.
Thanks vigsom!. As per the SA the coil is blown. But he did not want to rewind the coil but suggested to go for the entire motor replacement. I checked with 3 MASS workshops but all of them gave the same suggestion. So i decided to go for replacement as i don't know any trusted or capable electrician for the coil rewind.

Anyway the cost of the motor part was 4700 as i found out in the spare part list and it eventually came down to 6000 including tax and labor.

Regarding cause of failure: On that day of failure the car was with one of my relative, he says nothing odd happened. But almost a month back the battery died and i did try cranking for some time. I think i might have damaged it then, as i tried cranking for about 6, 7 secs and 5-6 times before giving up.

"situation where the starter continued to operate when the engine started" - Not sure what this would feel like. Does it feel like getting that cranking sound even after the engine has started? If it is so, then i have not experienced such behavior during my drive.
Old 28th December 2013, 10:53   #111
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks,

I would like to buy the cube shaped, Black coloured ashtray that used to come in the old Swift [don't know if the new one has it or not]. Any idea where it will be available OTC - from the dealer's showroom or a Maruti Authorised Service Station?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 28th December 2013, 11:23   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi Folks,

I would like to buy the cube shaped, Black coloured ashtray that used to come in the old Swift [don't know if the new one has it or not]. Any idea where it will be available OTC - from the dealer's showroom or a Maruti Authorised Service Station?
Part no. 89810M86G00-5PK - Ashtray(Black) Think you can fetch this from any MGP dealer provided he has stock or you can order it too.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 00:34   #113
BANNED

A question to all Maruti Owners out here:

Do the MGP stores sell the Spares list book for the Swift ZDi?

Anurag.
Old 27th February 2014, 01:18   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Do the MGP stores sell the Spares list book for the Swift ZDi?

Anurag.
Call them up and check. I am not sure if they would sell the "Spares List" book but the entire Workshop Manual would be available at a heavy cost. Last I heard was they now sell CDs that includes Workshop manuals for all the cars from Maruti stable.

Best is to befriend the ASC folks and get a photocopy of what you want. Works well. After all its Maruti and I have seen so many FNGs use photocopied Workshop manuals to refer part numbers and get them from MGP Dealers.
Old 27th February 2014, 19:54   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Do the MGP stores sell the Spares list book for the Swift ZDi ?
Anurag
Hi Anurag, if you're referring to the Parts-Catalog, then yes, they're available just as other MGP are.
The Parts-Catalogs are generally quite cheap, for example the one for the Alto is ~ Rs. 220.
I do have the Parts-Catalog for the Swift, there's a single catalog for all versions of the Swift & Dzire ( Diesel & Petrol ).

Quote:
The part number for the air-filter "box" appears to be '13700-77G00'.
The price of said part according to the MGP pricing spreadsheet is Rs.3,185.92.
With respect to this post of mine above, the part number as well as the cost of the above part ( Alto's air-filter box ) has changed.
It's available for ~ Rs. 600 now, apparently part numbers with a '-' within them ( usually 6th character ) are imported, hence the higher cost.

As mentioned by Paragsachania, the Parts-Catalogs of all Maruti cars are available on a single CD now !
I've ordered one from an MGP outlet near my home, but yet to receive it...

Last edited by im_srini : 27th February 2014 at 20:00.
Old 28th February 2014, 14:41   #116
BHPian

Hi Team,

Can anyone advice regarding the cost of the new throttle body or throttle body sensor of Wagon R-Vxi K-Series ?
Old 17th September 2014, 15:10   #117
BHPian

What would be the approx cost of IC Valve with plate for Alto LX (2004 model)?
Old 27th October 2014, 14:43   #118
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Trying to find out price of front shock absorbers for the Swift Dzire.

Is there a website where the Maruti Genuine Accessories Parts price list is available ?
Old 27th October 2014, 15:18   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Trying to find out price of front shock absorbers for the Swift Dzire.

Is there a website where the Maruti Genuine Accessories Parts price list is available ?
Well, The Shock absorbers do not fall into Maruti Genuine Accessories as it is very much a MGP (Maruti Genuine Part).

You can reach out to any of the MGP Dealers spread all around Bangalore over phone and get to know the price.

Remember to tell them the model/make of your car (Type1, Type2 etc) which will help them give you the right part number along with the price.

Quote:
ESSARR AUTOMOTIVES
Type :MGP Retail Outlet
111/1,
HOSUR MAIN ROAD,
Bangalore,KARNATAKA
Ph:08041108413

NEMA AUTO SPARES
Type :MGP Retail Outlet
59, St. Johns Church Road,
Cleveland Town,
Bangalore,KARNATAKA
Ph:08042032868

NEMA AUTO SPARES
Type :MGP Distributor
78, 5th Cross, SSI Area,
5th Block, Rajaji Nagar,
Bangalore,KARNATAKA
Ph:08023101014

Popular Auto Dealers Pvt. Ltd.
No 40-41, Manjunatha Layout,
Dental College Road, Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore,KARNATAKA
Ph:08040980501

Essarr Automotive
No. 19/1-2, 1st Floor,,
H. Siddaiah Road,,
Bangalore,KARNATAKA
Ph:08022110965

Nema Auto Spares
No.8, Hosur Bye Pass Road, Near Tata Steel Yard,,
Doorvaninagar Post, Vijinapura Taluk,,
Bangalore,KARNATAKA
Ph:08032400428
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 08:13   #120
BHPian

Quote:

As mentioned by Paragsachania, the Parts-Catalogs of all Maruti cars are available on a single CD now !
I've ordered one from an MGP outlet near my home, but yet to receive it...
Hello, did you manage to get the parts catalog on cd. If yes, can you please help me. I am looking for parts catalog for sx4 and Grand Vitara. I contacted local MGP and wrote directly to Maruti as wellbut they flatly denied providing parts catalog saying that it's meant only for dealers and I cannot have one as I am not a dealer. Pretty strange but that's what it is. Thanks in advance for help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks