Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 07:13   #46
Senior - BHPian

#1 : This is intentional.

#2 : There are outlets under the front seats. Change the AC blower mode to the one where both the top and bottom vents are active and you can feel cold air coming from under the front seat. Unfortunately, this is the only way to activate these vents to cool the back effectively after leaving the car in the sun. The ACC does not seem to turn them on at all. If you drive barefoot, this is a big annoyance.
Old 28th May 2010, 09:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post

#2 : There are outlets under the front seats. Change the AC blower mode to the one where both the top and bottom vents are active and you can feel cold air coming from under the front seat. Unfortunately, this is the only way to activate these vents to cool the back effectively after leaving the car in the sun. The ACC does not seem to turn them on at all. If you drive barefoot, this is a big annoyance.
The vents are bound to be covered by the carpet and any mats over and above(correct me if am wrong). If so, how good is the air throw from under? I haven't checked this yet myself in my Civic.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
The vents are bound to be covered by the carpet and any mats over and above(correct me if am wrong). If so, how good is the air throw from under? I haven't checked this yet myself in my Civic.
It is pretty good if you keep the airflow to down direction. My mother used to complain about her legs and feet getting cold when sitting in the back.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:55   #49
BHPian

I guess you will know this, sorry this off the current topic. We have a remote lock for the car but with out a sound when we lock and unlock, 3 blinks of the indicator when we lock and 1 when we open. I also know when you try and open it in an unusual way then the siren comes on which is basically the car horn starts and that is the alarm used.

My question:
1> how can we activate sound while locking and unlocking.
2. I always fancy when the car horn blows while you lock and unlock the car with the lights, lights will be asking for too much, but i think when the car is unlocked in unusual fashion the horn is the alarm which makes me believe that we can use the horn as sound while locking and unlocking. This is for the Honda CIVIC.

You have any dope on this.

Thanks
Old 28th May 2010, 13:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
# I seem to have read somewhere about AC outlets below the front seats, for the rear seat passengers. There doesn't seem to be any.
There are vents under the front seats. Slide the front seat all the way to the front. Look at the floor, you will see the vent. Its just a black opening (like a square section). No fancy louvres etc. You can get air to flow through that when you use the foot mode. In fact my daughter loves it and asks me to let the ac through that when she sits behind. In ACC mode, it comes on sometimes but I do not know the logic.
By the way this is my post #420

Last edited by dinu2506 : 28th May 2010 at 13:57.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
I guess you will know this, sorry this off the current topic. We have a remote lock for the car but with out a sound when we lock and unlock, 3 blinks of the indicator when we lock and 1 when we open. I also know when you try and open it in an unusual way then the siren comes on which is basically the car horn starts and that is the alarm used.

My question:
1> how can we activate sound while locking and unlocking.
2. I always fancy when the car horn blows while you lock and unlock the car with the lights, lights will be asking for too much, but i think when the car is unlocked in unusual fashion the horn is the alarm which makes me believe that we can use the horn as sound while locking and unlocking. This is for the Honda CIVIC.

You have any dope on this.

Thanks
I think using the horn as an indicator for lock and unlock will be somewhat irritating as the horn sound levels are pretty high compared to a typical beeper in central locking systems. You cat try fix a beeper to get the effect. However I personally feel that it is a bit "cheap" to have any sound while locking/unlocking. I like it the silent way. If the idea is to find the car in a large parking space, a separate alarm/finder switch on remote would have been better. In any case, in civic, the doors are auto-locked when left alone for 10 minutes or so. So no need to worry if you don't remember locking the car after parking.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

I don't know any way of actually activating the siren for the central locking system. Frankly I like it that way even though I've had doubt creep up on me during several occasions about whether or not I locked the car. Having a car that doesn't make a racket is something I like a lot.

@dinu : It comes on even on AUTO? That's news to me...

@vasoo : I don't think this is true for the pre facelift cars. The only time my car auto locks is if I unlock it and don't open any of the doors.

My rear left door's central locking system has started whining occasionally. I don't know if this is something that has arrived with the monsoons though...
Old 28th May 2010, 15:43   #53
BHPian

Quote:
My rear left door's central locking system has started whining occasionally. I don't know if this is something that has arrived with the monsoons though...
Immortalz, I also have this problem. It happens after bieng in the rain. Its funny sound used to frighten me initially. Lock and unlock 2 or 3 times and the sound is gone.
Old 28th May 2010, 16:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
IMy rear left door's central locking system has started whining occasionally. I don't know if this is something that has arrived with the monsoons though...
I had the same issue with the Civic I had in the US. When I took it for a check-up it was diagnosed to be a problem with the door actuator. I did not change it as it was a little expensive and I was very close to selling the car owing to my return to India. I still remember the sound it used to make. Pretty irritating.
Old 28th May 2010, 21:18   #55
Senior - BHPian

This started happening with the car constantly in the rain, most of the time thundershowers, 24 hours a day for nearly all of the last two weeks. Now that it's back in covered parking, the sound has disappeared. prince seems to have it right.
Old 29th May 2010, 10:23   #56
Senior - BHPian

Can the stock HU read an external USB FAT32 Hard Drive too? If so, I'll get a 80/160GB for my music collection.
Old 29th May 2010, 10:37   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Can the stock HU read an external USB FAT32 Hard Drive too? If so, I'll get a 80/160GB for my music collection.
I don't think so.. I had connected a 500 GB Seagate USB powered drive and the HU couldn't read it..
Old 29th May 2010, 12:20   #58
Senior - BHPian

That depends. Most full size (3.5") drives cannot be powered directly from the USB port - the power draw is too much. If you try connecting a 2.5" drive which will work from the USB power alone, it might be recognized.
Old 29th May 2010, 12:59   #59
Senior - BHPian

Mine is a small 2.5" freeagent HDD.. when I connect it to the HU, it is powered on, but nothing happens actually (there are couple of mp3's in it)
Old 29th May 2010, 13:57   #60
BHPian

I have a very old USB2 1 GB pendrive. I have formateed it to FAT 32 numerous times and tried with different songs but "unsupported" is flashed all the times.

Another drive (which was not mine) worked fine.
Anyone knows what could be the reason?

Last edited by alto99 : 29th May 2010 at 14:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks