Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2011, 17:28   #31
J.Ravi

Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
AFAIK most manufacturers do give 2 sets of remote foldable keys.
I got only one foldable key-fob with remote control for my FIAT Linea Emotion Pack. The spare one is non-foldable without remote control.

Old 21st May 2011, 18:12   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Hi Anil, congrats on the beauty and welcome to the Vento AT Club! I saw your thread before leaving for Ladakh but apparently forgot to respond, so hope am not too late to oin the party

The black Stanleys are to die for. Trust me, you did the right thing by following your heart. The fit and finish and the original Passat thread pattern is striking!

I have the Vento beige rubber mats and they are very good. I thought Kagu was supposed to scoop up the dirt and debris, so it's a pity to see your getting so soiled .

Keep posting! The mileage you have quoted is par for the course in Mumbai- you need to take her for a few runs up and down the e-way if you hope to get it further up!
Old 21st May 2011, 19:36   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hi Anil, congrats on the beauty and welcome to the Vento AT Club! I saw your thread before leaving for Ladakh but apparently forgot to respond, so hope am not too late to oin the party
Hey noopster, the party has just moved a notch higher with you joining in. Your valuable reviews helped a lot of us make our decision.

noopster , I remember ,you having offered to post pics of Subodh's HU on one of the threads. Did you receive Subodh s approval for the same. It would be lovely if you could post the same. Havent seen Subodh active in a long time.
ventolute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2011, 23:56   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Yeah well, we haven't met up in a while- there is a plan to do so tomorrow but since we live at opposite ends of town, not very sure! If I like the HU, I will probably get it installed in my Fraulein, so pics should not be a problem
Old 22nd May 2011, 01:02   #35
BHPian

Eagerly awaiting the same. Hope and pray you guys meet up tomorrow. Maybe even one pic would suffice,just to know what exactly is in place in his car? Could probably give me another option I jump on the Witson bandwagon
Old 22nd May 2011, 19:40   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I got only one foldable key-fob with remote control for my FIAT Linea Emotion Pack. The spare one is non-foldable without remote control.
Surprising. My bad that i have not noticed that point closely in Linea ownership threads. Manufacturer's must provide 2 sets of foldable keys. I heard a replacement is pretty pricey.

Quote:

The black Stanleys are to die for. Trust me, you did the right thing by following your heart. The fit and finish and the original Passat thread pattern is striking!

I have the Vento beige rubber mats and they are very good. I thought Kagu was supposed to scoop up the dirt and debris, so it's a pity to see your getting so soiled .

Keep posting! The mileage you have quoted is par for the course in Mumbai- you need to take her for a few runs up and down the e-way if you hope to get it further up!
Hey Anoop, thanks. I was unwell hence i could not reply yesterday or this morning. You're not too late dude, the party's just started.

As i told you, i was really keen on the Stanley's & am glad i took the call to get them.

I am thinking of getting an extra set of transparent mats, lets see what we decide in the days to come.

As i was unwell, i had to chicken out from a Lunch invite at a friend's pad in Lonavla. Will try to make that drive soon, time permitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Hey noopster, the party has just moved a notch higher with you joining in. Your valuable reviews helped a lot of us make our decision.

noopster , I remember ,you having offered to post pics of Subodh's HU on one of the threads. Did you receive Subodh s approval for the same. It would be lovely if you could post the same. Havent seen Subodh active in a long time.
+1 Yes Anoop's thread did make a difference & helped us make it easier to decide. I still have to decide on the HU & if you get to take some snaps of Subodh's HU, please do so. Soon.

Quote:
^^ Yeah well, we haven't met up in a while- there is a plan to do so tomorrow but since we live at opposite ends of town, not very sure! If I like the HU, I will probably get it installed in my Fraulein, so pics should not be a problem
I need a total package for my HU, let's see what eventually i will have to compromise on.

Quote:
Eagerly awaiting the same. Hope and pray you guys meet up tomorrow. Maybe even one pic would suffice,just to know what exactly is in place in his car? Could probably give me another option I jump on the Witson bandwagon
Ventolute, i saw the Witson & was not very impressed with it somehow. Maybe because i played around with it for a couple of minutes on a Polo at the showroom. I have heard Caska is better, but hell i may be wrong too.
Old 22nd May 2011, 19:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Ventolute, i saw the Witson & was not very impressed with it somehow. Maybe because i played around with it for a couple of minutes on a Polo at the showroom. I have heard Caska is better, but hell i may be wrong too.
Hey , finally , now we have another opinion. Did you not like the quality of the unit or the sound output? Caska does'nt exactly replicate the OEM look , as I have understood from the threads. But I will definitely give it a look at the dealers in Cochin.

Blackdiesel ,had seen a vento with a JVC HU with a reverse camera well integrated, and it did automatically engage with the reverse gear(I think).He even had a chat with the owner. I hope he divulges more details about the same.

BTW , have they begun giving away Witsons on polos? How come they had one at the showroom?
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:44   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Hey , finally , now we have another opinion. Did you not like the quality of the unit or the sound output? Caska does'nt exactly replicate the OEM look , as I have understood from the threads. But I will definitely give it a look at the dealers in Cochin.

Blackdiesel ,had seen a vento with a JVC HU with a reverse camera well integrated, and it did automatically engage with the reverse gear(I think).He even had a chat with the owner. I hope he divulges more details about the same.

BTW , have they begun giving away Witsons on polos? How come they had one at the showroom?
I did not like the quality of the Unit per se. Also, i did not like the UI very appealing. From what i have heard, Caska is much better.

I wouldn't mind putting in a JVC if no wire cutting is required. Also, i can use my Galaxy Tab & my Blackberry for Maps/Navigation as its requirement is occasional. Can you find out the model number for the JVC + details? Thanks.

Somebody had left their Polo for accessory fittings at the showroom & when i asked the sales executive there, he said the owner of the car has put his own Witson HU. The showroom guys stock only Kenwood HU's.
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:51   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I did not like the quality of the Unit per se. Also, i did not like the UI very appealing. From what i have heard, Caska is much better.

I wouldn't mind putting in a JVC if no wire cutting is required. Also, i can use my Galaxy Tab & my Blackberry for Maps/Navigation as its requirement is occasional. Can you find out the model number for the JVC + details? Thanks.

Somebody had left their Polo for accessory fittings at the showroom & when i asked the sales executive there, he said the owner of the car has put his own Witson HU. The showroom guys stock only Kenwood HU's.
Oh ok. Is the UI very typical chinese, like the ones you see on the chines replicas of i phone and the works?

As for the JVC HU , I have requested black diesel to put up a few more details in his ownership review. Will await those.
Old 23rd May 2011, 14:04   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Oh ok. Is the UI very typical chinese, like the ones you see on the chines replicas of i phone and the works?

As for the JVC HU , I have requested black diesel to put up a few more details in his ownership review. Will await those.
I can't describe the Witson UI but it just did not feel right or appeal to me. Don't know why. Very quirky i may say.

Awaiting the JVC HU details. Also checking out Jesal's Pioneer HU. Seems good too. Man i'm so confused.
Old 23rd May 2011, 14:32   #41
BHPian

Isnt Jesal,s Pioneer HU the 3350 BT ?I think its the same which Ventoman, ChetanBG and a couple of others have plonked in their cars. Its definitely a good one considering the brand name and the A$$. Ventoman has even gone ahead and done a good comparo between the two for our benefit. It looks very good, but I for one am a sucker for the OEM look which the witson gives..and as per Ankits post with the pics, it looked pretty ok.

But then again to each his own. Its all very subjective. I have a strong feeling , that I am just tilting way too much toward the Witson. Will hold on a little longer and see
Old 23rd May 2011, 18:00   #42
BHPian

Hi Anil,

Firts of all thanks for a fantastic review of your new car buying experience.

The one thing that got my attention was the Kagu 3D mats. I've just got myself a Civic (second hand) and am looking for some mats myself.

I need your advice. In your opinion are the Kagu mats worth the premium or would i be better off just buying a good set of those regular transparent plastic mats ? I read in one of your posts that the Kagu mats were getting dirty and that you were contemplating putting a set of transparent mats on top of those. Could you please provide some inputs as i'm a little confused now.

Fellow BHPians, anyone who has/used Kagu mats, please feel free to comment.

Thanks.
Old 23rd May 2011, 18:28   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Isnt Jesal,s Pioneer HU the 3350 BT ?I think its the same which Ventoman, ChetanBG and a couple of others have plonked in their cars. Its definitely a good one considering the brand name and the A$$. Ventoman has even gone ahead and done a good comparo between the two for our benefit. It looks very good, but I for one am a sucker for the OEM look which the witson gives..and as per Ankits post with the pics, it looked pretty ok.

But then again to each his own. Its all very subjective. I have a strong feeling , that I am just tilting way too much toward the Witson. Will hold on a little longer and see
Hope i get one soon else i'll follow the herd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Hi Anil,

Firts of all thanks for a fantastic review of your new car buying experience.

The one thing that got my attention was the Kagu 3D mats. I've just got myself a Civic (second hand) and am looking for some mats myself.

I need your advice. In your opinion are the Kagu mats worth the premium or would i be better off just buying a good set of those regular transparent plastic mats ? I read in one of your posts that the Kagu mats were getting dirty and that you were contemplating putting a set of transparent mats on top of those. Could you please provide some inputs as i'm a little confused now.

Fellow BHPians, anyone who has/used Kagu mats, please feel free to comment.

Thanks.
The mats are worth the fit & finish, but it does tend to get dirty, i have to admit. Its difficult now & then to clean it & hence i was keen on getting a transparent mat over it.
Old 23rd May 2011, 19:52   #44
BHPian

Quote:
The mats are worth the fit & finish, but it does tend to get dirty, i have to admit. Its difficult now & then to clean it & hence i was keen on getting a transparent mat over it.
I havent seen the mats in flesh. But mats are bound to get dirty, be it black or beige.From the pics, i guess the advantage of having these Kagu mats, is :
1. the prefect fit and finish ,
2, having those raised sidewalls, which helps in accumulating the dust and dirt, making it much easier to clean , by removing everything in one go and avoid, it spreading to other areas.

Owners please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:09   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Hope i get one soon else i'll follow the herd
Subodh s custom ICE (fotos and review) is out . Check out the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post2362928

It looks neat and way better than the Pioneer setup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks