Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 11:04   #106
BHPian

Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Revived the thread after a long time. Basically because of a problem.

As i have been pondering for a while, its time i switched back to less complicated engineering & reliable service of the Japs & Koreans & get rid of the VW as there has been no Vergnügen owning it.

P.S.: My i10 AT which i abuse all the time, never stood me up since 5.5 years till today.
Bad luck, pure bad luck. Is it actually a technology or the amount of time it is taking to repair, which is making you ponder considering japs over germans? While, i agree that reliability is an issue, acceptance of the same thing bring pleasure.
Old 21st July 2015, 12:56   #107
BHPian

Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report

The point of buying a car for me is the convenience it offers. Reliability is paramount as i don't have time to spare running behind a car. Whats the purpose then? And problems like this occur more often if you compare them to the Japs. Tell me, how many Japs do you see on tow away flatbed's compared to the Germans? All i'm trying to say is, i don't dispute the drive-ability/performance/pleasure of 'driving' the car. The ownership experience though has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I have not been much on twitter or social media (or team-bhp ) due to long hours at work and family issues. And running behind repairing a car is the last thing on my mind, my least significant priority in life. That's my only point. And that my next purchase will be from one of the consistently high selling car list (and equal importance to service network) & may or may not necessarily be the most drive-able/popular/technologically advanced one.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 21st July 2015 at 13:12.
anilkalvani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 16:46   #108
BHPian

Quote:
The point of buying a car for me is the convenience it offers. Reliability is paramount as i don't have time to spare running behind a car. Whats the purpose then? And problems like this occur more often if you compare them to the Japs. Tell me, how many Japs do you see on tow away flatbed's compared to the Germans? All i'm trying to say is, i don't dispute the drive-ability/performance/pleasure of 'driving' the car. The ownership experience though has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I have not been much on twitter or social media (or team-bhp ) due to long hours at work and family issues. And running behind repairing a car is the last thing on my mind, my least significant priority in life. That's my only point. And that my next purchase will be from one of the consistently high selling car list (and equal importance to service network) & may or may not necessarily be the most drive-able/popular/technologically advanced one.
Isnt what you are thinking is everyone else's thinking too? i mean who wants to run around repairing a machine? No one. I read somewhere on Merc vs BMW discussion, which is appropriate to quote:"If u want to drive at 100 miles/hr, buy BMW (German in this case) and if you want to drive 100 miles buy mercedes (Japanese)."

I was never arguing your judgement or thinking, but was just trying to ease your pain.
Old 19th June 2017, 17:35   #109
BHPian

Quote:

Today the car, once again, died down on me. This morning everything was ok when i went to the gym. When we were leaving for office, while climbing Pali Hill, the throttle just failed. No acceleration inspite of pushing down the pedal fully. Also the steering jammed & brakes stopped working. I'm climbing a hill & this happens. And to top it all, a massive traffic jam & chaos because of me. Slowly & somehow in reverse, i managed to go downhill & then got the help of a couple of people who pushed my car to an available slot outside my building on Pali Mala Road. Called VW Automark & they gave me a towing number. The car has now reached their workshop. Will come to know the real issue tomorrow. We had sold the i10 in December. Bad decision. Should've sold this troublesome car long time back. Never ever going to touch a german car in future. Japs & Koreans for me forever (with the < 10 lac rule in place). After sales service of VAG cars is consistent inconsistent. And consistently pathetic.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 19th June 2017 at 17:36.
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 13:07   #110
BHPian

A new story will start soon, have booked a new car. We will retain the Vento as we need to keep two cars. Have to change the tyres & do a bit of fixing. More about the new steed, COMING SOON!
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:55   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today the car, once again, died down on me. This morning everything was ok when i went to the gym.
For the benefit of those reading this later, could you please write up what the problem was and any measures taken to fix it?
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 17:53   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
For the benefit of those reading this later, could you please write up what the problem was and any measures taken to fix it?
Hey first of all sorry for not responding. The problem was with fuel pump assembly. The part replaced cost approximately Rs. 25,000/-. With labour & other nitty gritties the total bill came to Rs. 33,500/-. I still have many things to repair, estimate given as below:

1. Both Front Wheel Bearings - Rs. 10,500/each plus taxes + labour extra
2. Engine guard - Rs. 1,500/- plus taxes & labour extra
3. Replace all tyres - Approximately Rs. 4,000/each
4. Front Wheel Speed Sensors - Rs. 3,800/each plus taxes & labour extra
5. Front Brake Pads - Rs. 3,000/Pair
6. Front Brake Discs - Rs. 2,700/each
7. LHS Tail Light - Rs. 1,850/- plus taxes & labour extra
8. Rear LHS Power Window Switch - Rs. 1,800/- plus taxes & labour extra

Anyways, i was busy since a few days because Okja just arrived yesterday. More will come in a thread soon.

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-okja.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 26th July 2017 at 16:34. Reason: Correcting pic orientation :)
anilkalvani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 21:05   #113
BHPian

Posting after a long time. Got major repairs done as I intent to keep the car for another 3-4 years atleast. Engine Mounts, Engine Guard, Steering Overhaul, Brake Overhaul, Suspension Overhaul & Got New Tyres. Replaced my old worn out OEM 185/60 R15 Apollo’s with Yoko S Drives 205/55 R15.

Driving like a dream now

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-bd1c7c4d5488413c95c8cff7d8940491.jpeg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-005b33de21eb404f832942e96477b29b.jpeg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-31ee2bcc55484f38a1dec3db3dd5514d.jpeg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-938753f4204d4dfcaba009ba213ca2cf.jpeg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-3eb8954838594195a2bfc125ce399d89.jpeg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-4e481f0b20e64f44ad52bbbfba23498d.jpeg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-5ee16a6e067f4851b56f9a2d16b3e411.jpeg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-0296d52facb244088d00c057849c217d.jpeg
anilkalvani is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks