Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2011, 15:27   #76
BHPian

Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
And today I am at the Blaupunkt Auth. Dealer at Auto Sonics (India) Pvt. Ltd. I am getting the OEM speakers upgraded to Blaupunkt along with 4-ch Amp & 10" Woofer. Now it will be complete & will do full justice to the New York Multimedia Sat Nav System. Hell Yeah!!!

Will post pics today or tomorrow!!!
Hey Anil, welcome back from your Goa trip. Waiting to hear your experience with the new HU. Your Vento is now truly a fully loaded one . I thought the entire OEM setup including the speakers was Blaupunkt, is that not so?
Old 8th December 2011, 14:04   #77
BHPian

Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

So i got this itch again that something was not right. Even after upgrading to the New York 800, the sound quality with the puny OEM speakers was unsatisfactory. Listening to CCR, Led Zep, Buddy Holly & the ilk in the Logan was way better. So i decided that i had to get it changed. so i finally decided to get the 4 OEM speakers upgraded to Blaupunkt's & added a 4-ch Amp alongwith a 10" Woofer. Here are a few Pics.

Battery Connection for Amp
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-cable-connection-battery.jpg

Amplifier
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-amplifier-4ch.jpg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-amplifier-side-view.jpg

Bluetooth
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-bluetooth.jpg

Removed the OEM speakers but somehow pics of the new speakers did not get saved on my Blackberry, don't know why.
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-oem-speakers.jpg

Position of the Tweeters on the Dash
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-tweeter.jpg

Woofer (Velocity Range)
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-woofer.jpg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-woofer-2.jpg

Maps are really great & intuitive to use as well as the Video player which recognizes all of my USB Pen drives. Though the video player does not support .mkv files, only avi & mpg files. The sound is now excellent and is very clear & distinct post the upgrade. Hopefully this is the last expenditure i have incurred & do not wish to make any more mods in the near future. I am done for now.

@samarjit
Thanks. The HU that i had got changed was a stand alone product & did not come with speakers. They usually don't IMO.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 8th December 2011 at 14:09.
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 21:11   #78
BHPian

Quote:

@samarjit
Thanks. The HU that i had got changed was a stand alone product & did not come with speakers. They usually don't IMO.
Anil, would you mind sharing the name of the VW dealer from where you got the Blaupunkt New York 800 HU? Is this something which is plug and play and doesn't involve any wire cutting?
Actually I am in two minds now . Whether to source this from friends in Mumbai or just buy an MMI GPS.
Old 11th December 2011, 10:38   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Anil, would you mind sharing the name of the VW dealer from where you got the Blaupunkt New York 800 HU? Is this something which is plug and play and doesn't involve any wire cutting?
Actually I am in two minds now . Whether to source this from friends in Mumbai or just buy an MMI GPS.
Sure Samarjit. The name of the VW dealer is Tornado Motors Pvt. Ltd. (Volkswagen West), Santacruz West, Mumbai (Volkswagen Dealers in Mumbai | Volkswagen New Car Showrooms in Mumbai - CarWale) and the Blaupunkt Authorised dealer from where all Blaupunkt products are sourced is Autosonics (AutoSonics Group). There was no wire cutting involved. It was all plug & play.

IMO, the biggest disadvantage in getting a separate MMI device is the battery which drains out very fast & you have to keep on charging it or keep it plugged. Plus the convenience of having an AIO device is incomparable. My two cents.

Regards,
Anil
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 14:03   #80
BHPian

Here is a scan on the invoice. The remaining amount of 2,000 was paid as cash for labour and for the woofer box, wooden rings for speakers, etc. for which i got no invoice.

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-speakers-invoice.jpg
Old 10th January 2012, 09:31   #81
Senior - BHPian

Anil, can you post the dash pictures. Just want to see how the HU looks with the fascia adapter. thanks and enjoy your music
Old 10th January 2012, 17:22   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Anil, can you post the dash pictures. Just want to see how the HU looks with the fascia adapter. thanks and enjoy your music
Hey Srishiva,
I will click a picture today or tomorrow and post it as soon as possible.

Since the weather's been cold for a while, the mileage is hovering around the 11.5-12.5kmpl range. Still way better than my i10 AT at 9kmpl. The sound effect is really awesome and i am pleased with my choice and decision to upgrade.
Old 11th January 2012, 12:54   #83
BHPian

Srishiva,
Here are a few pics. Hope it helps.

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-img2012011001176.jpg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-img2012011001177.jpg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-img2012011001179.jpg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-img2012011001180.jpg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-img2012011001181.jpg
anilkalvani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 15:17   #84
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Anil. Looks great. Enjoy.
Old 11th January 2012, 23:05   #85
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics. Noticed something on one of your earlier pictures, on the front passenger side the tweeter pod is placed on the dash - does it affect the working of airbags? or is it the angle of the picture that makes it look this way.

Quote:
Srishiva,
Here are a few pics. Hope it helps.
I got my installation complete today, will post pictures by next week. Basically if the 2 DIN HU has a detachable face plate, it will protrude a little from the fascia adaptor to facilitate its removal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Thanks Anil. Looks great. Enjoy.
Old 11th January 2012, 23:58   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Thanks for the pics. Noticed something on one of your earlier pictures, on the front passenger side the tweeter pod is placed on the dash - does it affect the working of airbags? or is it the angle of the picture that makes it look this way.

I got my installation complete today, will post pictures by next week. Basically if the 2 DIN HU has a detachable face plate, it will protrude a little from the fascia adaptor to facilitate its removal.
Hey Bala,
Blaupunkt had this custom fit model without the detachable face plate. This model NY800 looks like an OEM system. The protusion will look a bit el cheapo when you have other such good options IMO.

With regards to the tweeter position, no its not interfering with the airbags, maybe i photographed it from such an angle. My bad.
Old 31st January 2012, 21:43   #87
BHPian

Awesome thread dude. Loved your seats. Am sure you have reasons for choosing black. There must have been more options though. Will get Stanley only whenever I do. Loved the fit. Want to go for a darker shade of brownish red, unsure on addition of another colour in the cabin though.
Old 1st February 2012, 12:32   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
Awesome thread dude. Loved your seats. Am sure you have reasons for choosing black. There must have been more options though. Will get Stanley only whenever I do. Loved the fit. Want to go for a darker shade of brownish red, unsure on addition of another colour in the cabin though.
Hey Ali,
Thanks! The seats are truly awesome because of the overall quality as well as the fit & finish given by Stanley. My reasons for black are very simple. Love the colour, easier to maintain. The issue i have with other shades is the fading, getting dirty easily, etc. The black colour of the Stanley blends in with the interiors.

Cheers
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:10   #89
BHPian

Did you notice external air's smell coming in when AC is off? Are default settings on fresh air and can I change it.
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:57   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
Did you notice external air's smell coming in when AC is off? Are default settings on fresh air and can I change it.
No, i have not noticed it. I don't think there is any external air intake when the AC is off. If you put your settings on "AUTO" mode, then there will be external air intake & if you drive a lot in the city in traffic, its always better to put it in "RECIRCULATING" mode.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks