Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 21:50   #16
BHPian

re: Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Gawd, this colour looks jaw-dropping awesome on the Cruze. My favourite car - the OHC Vtec - also wore a similar shade. And need I mention, fab positioning of the Team-BHP sticker. Congrats on the diesel rocket, Tushar, and do drive safe.

You guys should line up and ask Chevrolet for family discounts.

Where the grey looks so dull, the black is classy!

Good luck with finding a nice set in Bombay, though I've not been too happy myself with the available designs.
Thanks a lot GTO. Incidentally, my love for grey started after seeing your OHC Vtec photos. When I walked into the showroom and saw this colour, it immediately reminded me of your car. It gives the car a proper mean look. And the Got BHP sticker pushes it even more. Its as if its taunting every other car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Congratulations tusharsethi. You have made a sensible choice choosing Cruze over the Germans (and the Czechs ). The Chevy will serve you beautifully for years to come! Wish you thousands of happy and soulful miles on your new prized possession.

P.S. Great choice of color too! My love for grey and black color is well documented on this forum (I own a carbon bronze Civic myself) and the color is bound to give your Cruze a mean and aggressive look!

Happy Cruzzzing (in Will Smith style, eh)....
Hello Ace,

I have gone through your thread a couple of times and the colour is amazing on your Civic and also the headlamps and tail lamps. Definitely one of the best looking Civic's I've seen around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congratulations Tushar. Finally, the beast comes home..eh?

It looks really mean in the grey color and so refreshing from the majority of whites that are on the road. Great choice!

With regards to alloys, I would honestly hope that you would choose something in black as it would give the car a totally mean look.

Also, please provide more technical feedback with regards to some of the following :-

1. Gearshifts
2. Ride
3. Turbolag. Would be nice if you elaborate your thoughts on it
4. some better/daylight and night pictures of the interiors

Cheers and Safe Driving !!!
Thank you Mobike. My love for the Cruze began with your Review of the car when it was launched. I will definitely put up a review comparing the Optra 1.6 and the Cruze very soon.
My Feedback for the points you mentioned are below:

1) Gearshifts
Coming from driving a Tata Safari for about 51k ams in the past 1 year, you can imagine how I feel. The gears are smooth and perfect.

2) Ride
Ride comfort is at par with the Optra if not better. But the tyre upgrade has made it better.

3)Turbolag
It is a little irritating when you're trying to overtake but when the turbo kicks in, its all hands on deck! I hope the lag should reduce after the run-in and first service.

4) Better Interior Pics - Coming very soon
Old 20th May 2011, 01:43   #17
BHPian

Congratulations ! I got the same color Cruze yesterday. But one thing I am not able to understand and sorry to hack your thread, how to use Cruise Control? When I press the Cruise Control Button over Steering wheel, nothing happens. After releasing the accelerator car start to decelerate.

Can someoone please clarify?
Old 20th May 2011, 11:08   #18
BHPian

A couple of days back for the first time I saw this color Cruze on the road and was really impressed. Lovely color and many congrats Tushar on the Diesel Rocket!

Last edited by sameer sultan : 20th May 2011 at 11:21.
Old 20th May 2011, 11:14   #19
BHPian

Lovely Colour and it suits the Cruze. This colour makes the Optra and Cruze look more masculine (not that they already aren't).

The black theme has also made the interior look eye-catching and is far better than the previous interiors.

BTW, hasn't a change been made in the ECU to reduce the lag a lot? I did a test drive of the Cruze last November and found it far better than the initial lot of Cruze. In fact the lag was almost non-existant for a regular diesel user (means.. someone who knows how to avoid the lag).
Old 20th May 2011, 11:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
Congratulations ! I got the same color Cruze yesterday. But one thing I am not able to understand and sorry to hack your thread, how to use Cruise Control? When I press the Cruise Control Button over Steering wheel, nothing happens. After releasing the accelerator car start to decelerate.

Can someoone please clarify?
After you press the cruise control button you can see a green color indication on the display in the RPM side. Next to the cruise control button there is a roller type switch with reset written on top and set written at the bottom. You have to press the roller down towards set to get the cruise control activated at the current speed which the car was running. Also the green color indicator will turn to purple. Once you brake or switch off the button on the steering the cruise control gets deactivated. You can also reset the speed using the roller switch without pressing the accelerator while the car is in cruise control mode.
Old 20th May 2011, 17:03   #21
BHPian

Can someone please advise me how Chrome alloys would look on this colour? I'm not able to find decent alloys in Hyper Silver. I'll be using chrome ones till I find good Enkei or Lenso rims. Everyone is out of stock currently and I have to return the stock alloys back to the showroom people. Please advise.

Thanks

Last edited by tusharsethi : 20th May 2011 at 17:04. Reason: Typo
Old 20th May 2011, 17:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusharsethi View Post
Can someone please advise me how Chrome alloys would look on this colour? I'm not able to find decent alloys in Hyper Silver. I'll be using chrome ones till I find good Enkei or Lenso rims. Everyone is out of stock currently and I have to return the stock alloys back to the showroom people. Please advise.

Thanks
Lovely choice of colour and congratulations.

I have attached a photoshopped image of a Cruze from the internet. (I have photoshopped the car to a very close colour to the Sandrift Grey)

I think the alloys shown in this picture are avaialble in the UK and they would go with the mean look of the car.

Hope you like it.

Now finding a similar alloy wheel in the indian market might be an issue. Other Bhpians should be of help.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-chevroletcruzeindia500x333.jpg  

Old 20th May 2011, 17:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

This is defintely going to be the colour of my next car and it really looks great on the Cruze and the Civic which has a similar shade.

By the way, what was the road tax component of the car in Jaipur. YOu have got the LTZ, at the price we get the LT down here in bangalore.
Old 22nd May 2011, 21:21   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Lovely choice of colour and congratulations.

I have attached a photoshopped image of a Cruze from the internet. (I have photoshopped the car to a very close colour to the Sandrift Grey)

I think the alloys shown in this picture are avaialble in the UK and they would go with the mean look of the car.

Hope you like it.

Now finding a similar alloy wheel in the indian market might be an issue. Other Bhpians should be of help.
Hey Laxman,

Thanks for the pic, although it seems a little boring with these alloys. I've put temporary HR alloys for now.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
This is defintely going to be the colour of my next car and it really looks great on the Cruze and the Civic which has a similar shade.

By the way, what was the road tax component of the car in Jaipur. YOu have got the LTZ, at the price we get the LT down here in bangalore.
Benefits of Living in Rajasthan : Cheaper Road Tax
Negatives : Its a pain to maintain this colour with all the dust!

I'll be going to the USA mid-June, Can someone please tell me if they've ever got alloys with them on the flight? And if yes, Is it OK or will they not let me? Thanks a lot.
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusharsethi View Post

I'll be going to the USA mid-June, Can someone please tell me if they've ever got alloys with them on the flight? And if yes, Is it OK or will they not let me? Thanks a lot.
Are you interested in getting alloys from there because of a better design choice or because you are getting a better deal. If it is because of a better deal, it wont work since you will have to pay a huge amount in customs once you bring it here. And if I recollect correctly, you are not allowed to bring automotive parts / accessories into the country.

I had also wanted to get some alloys on one occasion and someone told me not to. One of our members, InderS1, brought some headlights for his BMW and had to cough up huge duty at the airport here.
Old 30th May 2011, 12:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Tushar, the Cruze looks great in this color! I'm amazed that you managed a discount of 67k, any pointers on how you went about squeezing the dealership ? The Cruze is on my radar as well but the maximum commitment I've been able to get out by way of Discounts is 25k (35k if I'm eligible for Corporate discount which I'm not).

67k sounds awesome & that too on the upgraded LTZ!
Old 30th May 2011, 18:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic color you have there !

My friend purchased a white LTZ a week back and I drove it for 2-3 hours the same day and must say it is a fantastic cruiser, easy to drive ( traffic in Agra is BAD ).

The car is loaded to the brim with features and all sorts of toys ( sunroof, cruise control, audio, display etc )

The only feature I thought was lacking was a rear AC vent. Most cars at this price are offering this very important feature.

Other wise a brilliant package.

Just for the record - the white LTZ costed my friend 15.10 lacs OTR with a Map My India Sat Nav thrown in for free ( 10k app )
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:17   #28
MDe
BHPian

Congratulations Tushar! Great color and great ride. Plan a long drive and let us know your reviews on the handling and performance.

How far are you on the run-in? The fun has no limits once you cross the run-in. Cheers and drive safe.
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:50   #29
BHPian

Congrats on your new car buddy..!! The car color is unique and looks quite nice. It is close the "Galaxy Grey" which used to be in the Honda City ZX.
Hope you have many many good memories with this great car. Drive safe !!
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:00   #30
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the wishes.

The car has now completed 1100 kms and went in for the 1000kms check 2 days back.

The run-in process is too painful and I've never been so determined in my life about anything. The car feels a little smoother after the 1000kms check and I'll be changing the oil at 5,000 kms as I feel that it is important for a proper run-in.

I've done a few things recently that is adding 16" Alloys and Carbon Fibre Masking.

I'll be off to the US this month and will be getting all the ICE upgrades from there.

Pics attached.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-photo-1.jpg  

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-photo-2.jpg  

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-photo-3.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks