Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2011, 17:39   #91
BHPian

re: Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Tushar, let me be the first to congratulate you on new alloys and tyres. Now we are talking ! These alloys perfectly compliment the color shade and your Cruze just become a lot meaner

Would love to know your comments on these queries

1. What's the major difference you see in upsizing from 16" to 17" and increase in width? Does the body touch the tyre when car is fully loaded? Would appreciate a short write up about the ride and handling after this upsize.

2. Which tyres were you using before CPC2? your comments on difference?

3. Finally, the quintessential indian question. How much for the alloys and tyres?

Enjoy your ride.....
Hello Mobike,

Thank you!

1) I did feel a lot of bumps after the upsize but that can be because of high air pressure I am running right now. Will be getting it checked in sometime. I will update on the handling and ride comfort after I've clocked a few kms.

2) I was using the same CPC2's in 225/55 R16, so I blindly went for the same tyre in 17" as I found these to be very very good.

3) The price of a set of 4 of these was 30k + 2k Shipping. Tyres were 11k each. I got a good buyback deal for my 16" tyres which had done 4k kms, so went ahead and got the 17" ones.

I will keep you updated.

Cheers
Old 30th July 2011, 19:28   #92
Team-BHP Support

Your car is looking great man. The new alloys are hot. Keep the tyre pressure at 20-30 and the ride will be fine too. With the kind of torque your car is making now I wish you had gone in for high performance tyres though. But either way, the mods you have done are just brilliant.
Old 30th July 2011, 20:11   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Keep the tyre pressure at 20-30 and the ride will be fine too.
Isn't that (20-30) a huge range?
I've seen with my TPMS that even 3-4 PSI here and there of the specified limits will change the overall driving feel of the vehicle.
Digital Vampire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 20:58   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Isn't that (20-30) a huge range?
I've seen with my TPMS that even 3-4 PSI here and there of the specified limits will change the overall driving feel of the vehicle.
Whoops that was a typo. My bad. I meant 29-30
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 22:21   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Your car is looking great man. The new alloys are hot. Keep the tyre pressure at 20-30 and the ride will be fine too. With the kind of torque your car is making now I wish you had gone in for high performance tyres though. But either way, the mods you have done are just brilliant.
Hi Akshay,

Thanks. I would have gone for performance tyres, but as I'm in Jaipur, and the roads in some places are not too good, I need sturdy tyres with a strong sidewall. And I didn't want to spend too much on the tyres as if I damage one, replacing it shouldn't be a bomb. Hence, Conti was the most practical option. Thank you for the pressure info, I wasnt sure and was using 32 now. I'll get it at 29 tomorrow.

Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 12:39   #96
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Its been a long time since I've been missing from this thread and mainly because I wasn't driving this car too much.
The car went for the 5k Service last month and everything was normal. Just a bit of wobbling at high-speeds which they fixed. It has now done 6300 kms and still I consider it to be the most VFM product I have ever bought. The power with the Race Dynamics tuning box is too amazing!

But with spirited driving within the City its returning an efficiency of just 8KMPL. I visited Delhi this weekend and it gave an efficiency of 13.5-14KMPL!! Is there something I'm doing wrong in the city.

Talking about Delhi, I had a very frustrating and amazing trip as well. I left from Jaipur at about 9am and reached the Haldiram's toll at about 1pm. But because of my stupidity, I ended up bursting the LH Rear Tyre! Now, I pulled over ahead of the toll and checked and saw that the lane separating Stone things have made a 1/2 inch long hole in the side wall and realized that this tyre is done and it cant be used. But, it again struck me, I DON'T have a spare in the car! Well, long story short after calling justdial, walking a mile to look for a shop and what not, I decided, the tyre cannot be reused now so I started the car and drove for about 3-4kms at a speed of 15-20 to look for a shop. But, I couldn't find anything. At last when I pitied the only 1000kms old Lenso's, I called my brother from Noida who also has a Cruze. He came with his spare in about 2 hrs. I have attached a pic of the tyre after I put in the spare. So, moral of the story is : Never NEVER travel without a spare!

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-photo.jpg

After I reached Delhi, I had come in the Cruze because of 2 reasons, I.C.E and Paint Protection.

Day 1 was spent at Car Plus, Rishab Vihar. I had a lot of tuning issues with the JBL MS8 and the infinity mono amp and ID Sub. After all the hardwork we had put into it with no remarkable results and Sumit's advice, I decided the Infinity amp and the ID sub had to go as they weren't working with the setup. I opted for the new Hertz HDP1 amp paired with a Kicker L5 Enclosure. In order to make it a complete 7.1 setup, also put in a pair of Pioneer Competition 6x9 Co-axials. After putting in the Kicker enclosure, the boot made a lot of rattling noises, so the entire boot was damped again properly. I must admit that the work quality at Car Plus is one of the best I've ever seen. They are a bit on the higher side in terms of pricing, but the quality makes up for it. Also met Tbhpian Torquedo and it was fun chatting about the Cruze and the Magnum. Looking forward to meeting you soon man. The complete list for the ICE now reads :

1) JBL MS8
2) Infinity Kappa Four
3) Hertz HDP1
4) Image Dynamics CTX 65 x 2pairs
5) Pioneer Competition 6x9 Co-axials
6) Pioneer Centre Speaker
7) 0 AWG Wiring + Audison RCA's
8) Dynamat Extreme

I am now using all the 8 channels of the MS8 and powering the side speakers and the center speaker directly from the MS8 amplifier. The pics are attached.

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-img_0846.jpg

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-img_0848.jpg

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-img_0850.jpg

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-img_0851.jpg

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-img_0854.jpg

Day 2
This day was dedicated to getting the paint protection treatment done this time as the last time I was in town, I couldn't spare the car. The treatment was done at Exppress Car Wash, Noida. I got the complete interior drycleaning and the Paint Protection done from them. They are authorized Waxoyl service providers and did an amazing job. The wash and the Paint protection process took about 3 hours and the results were amazing. And to top it off, they give a guarantee of 1 Year for the shine. They charge 4,000 for a sedan.

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-img_0855.jpg

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-img_0856.jpg

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-photo-2.jpg

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-photo-3.jpg

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-img_0865.jpg

Name:  photo 4.JPG
Views: 3664
Size:  118.0 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0865.JPG
Views:	931
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	605102
Attached Thumbnails
Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-img_0868.jpg  

Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-photo-5.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th September 2011 at 15:15. Reason: Rearranged the pics as requested
tusharsethi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 13:52   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your tyre issue. Hope the alloy is fine and not damaged along with the tyre?

That's one neat ICE set-up you got there and looks quite funky too in terms of the way it's installed. So what did you do with the previous sub? Sold them?

Btw, Any smoking issues with the RD box? I am keen to know this update and will decide on the box only if the smoke levels are acceptable

P.S: With regards to your reported post. Follow the steps for inserting images between text

1. Attach the pictures normally

2. In the open text editor there is a attachment button on top. Click that and "Insert Images"

3. When the images are inserted in the text editor, you can write between the images to give it a top or bottom caption for them
Old 6th September 2011, 15:03   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sorry to hear about your tyre issue. Hope the alloy is fine and not damaged along with the tyre?

That's one neat ICE set-up you got there and looks quite funky too in terms of the way it's installed. So what did you do with the previous sub? Sold them?

Btw, Any smoking issues with the RD box? I am keen to know this update and will decide on the box only if the smoke levels are acceptable
Hi Mobike,

The alloy came out scratch-less. No bends, nothing! This goes a long way for the quality of Lenso's. If it was any other chinese brand like I had earlier, they would have given away easily.

ICE setup is very very clean and you have to see it closely to believe it! Are you coming for the F1? I put up the Sub for sale on TBHP Classifieds and now I'm putting up the Infinity as well.

The Cruze already has smoking issues. But, if you ask me that has the box increased it? I would say yes, but not much , say maybe about 1-5%. You wont be embarrassed when you take off if that what you're worried about.

Cheers

Tushar
Old 6th September 2011, 20:27   #99
superveloce

Hey Tushar

Lovely thread you got there coming. Love the choice of colour and obviously the diesel monster. Really happy to see you go with the Tuning Box. Power can never really be enough.
I have a suggestion for your smoking issue. Instead of K&N you can try switching to a Pipercross Stock replacement filter. The pipercross filter is made from foam rather than paper and helps the car breath much better.
Just to give you a reference the Volkswagen Polo R Cup cars are all using Pipercross filters this year with their 1.6D engines and none of they smoke anymore, not even under hard acceleration.

P.S. I use pipercross in my Punto MJD and after 25000kms, my Punto doesnt smoke a bit even under very hard acceleration. I had superchipped it to 90hp and it didnt smoke even then...

Old 7th September 2011, 01:27   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
I have a suggestion for your smoking issue. Instead of K&N you can try switching to a Pipercross Stock replacement filter.
Thanks for your appreciation. Could you let me know where I can find a Pipercross filter? And also is it available for the Cruze as I couldn't find it online. I have also PM'd you for the same.

Cheers
Old 7th September 2011, 09:26   #101
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusharsethi View Post
Thanks for your appreciation. Could you let me know where I can find a Pipercross filter? And also is it available for the Cruze as I couldn't find it online. I have also PM'd you for the same.

Cheers
Pipercross is imported and distributed by N1 Racing Equipment in India. You can refer the Team-Bhp directory for the same.
I have PM'd you as well

Old 8th September 2011, 16:17   #102
Senior - BHPian

Though late into this thread, let me tell you, that is one hot looking Cruze! Especially the color and the alloys get along really well!!!

Earlier you were getting a mileage of 13 I guess, how much was it hit after the tyre upsize and the tuning box?
Old 30th September 2011, 16:21   #103
BHPian

congrats on the car. it was fun to read your thread. i'm sorry about your tyre. Now coming to the smoking issues, Are you using Premium Diesel in your car? if that's the case swap to ordinary diesel and try cleaning your tank and injector. this might help. this worked for me to a great extent in my Innova. When the service adviser first told me that premium diesel was the problem i was not able to accept it, but after the cleaning and change to ordinary diesel, the problem stopped. Though i feel that the engine response has gone down(it might be a myth). And when i went for the next service there was a poster in the customer lounge with pictures of injector using normal diesel which was fine and those use premium diesel had golden colour residue on it and suggested by toyota not use premium fuel. one more issue i noticed is if the diesel in the car is more than 10 - 15 days old we may end up with smoking issues.
Old 2nd November 2011, 08:38   #104
BHPian

Great Car!! Great Mods!! Great ICE!! and last but not the least Great thread with excellent details. Very Nice Choice of Alloys.

A small niggle though..some good quality shots of the overall car, ICE and the alloys would do a lot of Justice.

Just One word SUPERB!!!
Old 2nd November 2011, 09:28   #105
Senior - BHPian

Nice car, nice set of upgrades. Thanks for the inputs on the RD tuning box.
Will check the price for SWIFT now.

The alloys look hot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks