Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:03   #31
Team-BHP Support

re: Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods

Dude, please get rid of those alloys. They just killed your car. I'm sorry.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:36   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
+1 with Akshay's comments.

The OEM alloys were far far better.

The gloss on those alloys are killing the grey on the exteriors of the car.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 12:39   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Tushar on the beast! Love that color - its stunning !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusharsethi View Post
3)Turbolag
It is a little irritating when you're trying to overtake but when the turbo kicks in, its all hands on deck! I hope the lag should reduce after the run-in and first service.
Did you re-work on the ECU settings during the first service? Else the lag will not reduce after the first service, rather you get used to eliminating the lag by then.

Quote:
4) Better Interior Pics - Coming very soon
Yes please - the first set of pictures didnt come out well. Noticed that there was lot of glare due to sunlight falling inside the car. Please take some time for interior pictures especially dash from the front seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post

+1 - The alloys dont improve the mean looks.

Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring ! Please do keep us updated on the car as it clocks more mileage.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd June 2011 at 12:40.
Old 3rd June 2011, 12:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Did you re-work on the ECU settings during the first service? Else the lag will not reduce after the first service, rather you get used to eliminating the lag by then.
I thought modern engines had a learning process by which they adjusted themselves by analyzing the driver's driving style. Some people recommend disconnecting the battery overnight on cars which have run 10K or 20K kms after a service which resets the ECU. After which they drive the car really hard to make the ECU tuned to their driving style.
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:00   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post

Hi Akshay and Torquedo,

I've already ordered Enkei alloys and they will take about 45 days to come, but till then I had to return the OEM alloys as they were giving me a very good deal on them. But still, the alloys I have right now don't look too bad. I clicked these pics from my phone and will post better pics for you guys to judge again. The finish is the same as the OEM alloys in Hyper Silver. As you must be knowing, there aren't much choices in 16" 5H 114.3 PCD, that is why I had to put in whatever I could find.

Quote:
Congrats Tushar on the beast! Love that color - its stunning !

Yes please - the first set of pictures didnt come out well. Noticed that there was lot of glare due to sunlight falling inside the car. Please take some time for interior pictures especially dash from the front seats.

+1 - The alloys dont improve the mean looks.

Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring ! Please do keep us updated on the car as it clocks more mileage.
Hi,

After the 1000kms check, the turbolag has almost vanished and it may be possible to the reason that now I'm used to the lag but still it definitely has decreased.

I will post more interior pics soon.

Cheers
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:03   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Akshay and Torquedo,

I've already ordered Enkei alloys and they will take about 45 days to come, but till then I had to return the OEM alloys as they were giving me a very good deal on them. But still, the alloys I have right now don't look too bad. I clicked these pics from my phone and will post better pics for you guys to judge again. The finish is the same as the OEM alloys in Hyper Silver. As you must be knowing, there aren't much choices in 16" 5H 114.3 PCD, that is why I had to put in whatever I could find.
As long as you have ordered other rims. I know what these rims look like, infact they are really common. These Hamann copy rims. Which Enkeis have you ordered?
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:05   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I thought modern engines had a learning process by which they adjusted themselves by analyzing the driver's driving style. Some people recommend disconnecting the battery overnight on cars which have run 10K or 20K kms after a service which resets the ECU. After which they drive the car really hard to make the ECU tuned to their driving style.
True - I have read about that. I guess its applicable for cars with "drive by wire" technology. Some body could confirm it. For Cruze right after its launch, the engineers had tweaked the engine to reduce the lag since a lot of feedback came about the lag. So this was what I was referring to.
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:07   #38
BHPian

Hi Akshay,

I know these rims are very common but I didn't have any other major options. I'm still waiting to hear from the Enkei guy and have given him two choices to check the availability. I got interested in Enkei after looking into your thread about your Accord. I've attached the models I'm interested in here. Could you please check with the person you got your Enkei's from if he has these in Stock.
1 is Enkei J10 and the other is Enkei Falcon.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-enkei_falcon_matte_gunmetal672x6351.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 3rd June 2011, 13:30   #39
J.Ravi

Quote:
Finally, the choice was made. It was a Cruze LTZ.
Belated congratulations and best wishes, tusharsethi. Your Chevy Cruze looks stunning. Explore and enjoy your Cruz.

Old 3rd June 2011, 13:31   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
5) Black Leathers : The best thing they could have updated on the Cruze was that Grey interior. Black looks classy and sporty at the same time.
Tushar, So the Cruze now comes only in black interiors? Or is it a choice or something?

Quote:
I did not take the 3Year/45,000 Kms Maintenance Package
How much is this package and what all are included, incase you know the details?

PS - I see that you plan to change the oil for 5000 kms. Might have been better if you changed it during the first service - that's highly recommended since the car was in running period.

Out of the two alloy pics above, I guess the second one will give a meatier look And Cruze deserves to look like a HUNK !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd June 2011 at 13:32.
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:34   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Tushar, So the Cruze now comes only in black interiors? Or is it a choice or something?

How much is this package and what all are included, incase you know the details?

PS - I see that you plan to change the oil for 5000 kms. Might have been better if you changed it during the first service - that's highly recommended since the car was in running period.

Out of the two alloy pics above, I guess the second one will give a meatier look And Cruze deserves to look like a HUNK !
Hi,

It comes only with black interiors now. No options.
The package is for something around Rs.39,000 if I remember correctly.

I did plan to change the oil at 1,000 kms but Cruze uses Synthetic Oil which costs somewhere around 5.5k for an oil change so I had to postpone the expense for sometime.

Cheers
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:09   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hi tusharsethi

Congrats!!!

Sorry for a too-late post. I usually don't miss any Cruze threads on Team BHP, wonder how I missed this one. Cruze is my most favorite cars as of today. Nothing beats the Cruze in terms of design, aggression, feature list. If you can live with the less-than-great rear-seat leg space and slightly irritating turbo lag, then Cruze is almost a perfect car.

This colour on Cruze is a sure killer. Drop-dead-gorgeous!

Do keep us updated with your experiences going forth and please keep adding as many pics as possible of the beauty.

Congratulations again.

P.S. Mobike008 is going to catch me again here. Can't help it...

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 3rd June 2011 at 14:13.
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:40   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The run-in process is too painful and I've never been so determined in my life about anything. The car feels a little smoother after the 1000kms check and I'll be changing the oil at 5,000 kms as I feel that it is important for a proper run-in.
Quote:
Quote:
I did plan to change the oil at 1,000 kms but Cruze uses Synthetic Oil which costs somewhere around 5.5k for an oil change so I had to postpone the expense for sometime.
Tushar, A friendly advice regarding oil change. Company recommends the first oil change at 15,000kms and I highly recommend that you change it only at this period not early nor later. I'am due for my 1st oil change later this month as i am fast approaching 15K kms.

As you rightly said, Cruze comes with Synthetic oil, that is one of the primary reason for this delayed oil change interval as SO lasts longer than MO

Quote:
+1. They absolutely marred the looks of this great looking car. IMO, Cruze is one of the few cars that come with outstanding looking stock alloys.

The simplest and cheapest solution is to paint them black to go with overall dark grey color of your car and will also ensure mean look to the overall package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
P.S. Mobike008 is going to catch me again here. Can't help it...
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:53   #44
BHPian

Now even I dont like these alloys . Can someone please let me know where I can source Enkei alloys in India? I'm getting them from the US and will be using Sea Shipping as Air turns out to be too expensive and Sea takes about 30-35 days. If someone can help arranging these from anywhere Delhi,Bombay, Chennai, Bangalore, anywhere.. I really need good rims. Please help!
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:31   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on you choosing to cruze. The car looks great in this color - never seen one in that color till now.
If you come to US , you would find that the cruze is a big hit here, and would have many aftermarket options. Don't forget to check them out.
Regarding the alloys - the current ones are too bling for the car - get something like the second enkei alloy you posted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks