Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 12:54   #91
BHPian

Re: Black Ambiente Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI - Total satisfaction incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
I used vagauto.com and got a production date of 11.04.2011 which is April. However, the 6th letter in the VIN is C. Shouldn't that make it March?
Hi Orko, had phsically noted this discrepancy in few cars at the dealer stockyard that have production / packing date (packing date on car bonnet film matches exactly with results from VAG auto) of early part of a month. The sixth character of VIN refers continues to earlier month. This should not be an issue IMHO.
Old 7th June 2011, 23:54   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Skoda has created a lot of confusion w.r.t certain features which are missing in recent Ambiente TSI cars. I recently took delivery of a Silver Ambeinte TSi from Vinayak cars. The missing fog lamps has been a major subject of debate between me and the dealer. I booked the car on 29th April and was supposed to get delivery within a week. As per advice from T- BHP I decided to inspect the car at the stock yard before it went for registration. I was suprised to see that the front fog lamps were missing from this car. The reply I got was that Skoda has discontinued fog lamps in the Ambiente TSI since Jan 2011..
Bhai pls tell me is this stripping down of the features like rain sensing wipers and cooled box and also the auto dimming IRVM on the TDi A/T?? i just booked the car and now this question is irritating… i did see and ambient model in the showroom with normal IRVM. not sure if it was a TDi or TSi..
Old 8th June 2011, 10:49   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Bhai pls tell me is this stripping down of the features like rain sensing wipers and cooled box and also the auto dimming IRVM on the TDi A/T?? i just booked the car and now this question is irritating… i did see and ambient model in the showroom with normal IRVM. not sure if it was a TDi or TSi..
I think the stripping down of these features on Ambiente applies for Diesel as well as Petrol versions. But you can never be sure since each dealer is dishing out his own theory and story regarding these missing features. If you are particular about these features, then it is better you get the confirmation from the dealer that the piece they are giving you has them. Then proceed to see for yourself before making full payment.
Old 8th June 2011, 12:22   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat

I think the stripping down of these features on Ambiente applies for Diesel as well as Petrol versions. But you can never be sure since each dealer is dishing out his own theory and story regarding these missing features. If you are particular about these features, then it is better you get the confirmation from the dealer that the piece they are giving you has them. Then proceed to see for yourself before making full payment.
Thank you yar. Just had a talk with the dealer and he tells me that even the TDi has been stripped off of rain sensors and the auto dimming IRVM!! Completely stupid and i am so pissed off that i m may be gonna cancel the order if they are sticking to their stupid theory. Price i 've agreed on is the same as of the older version. So i should get the features else a further discount on the price. Lets see wat the dealer has to say.
Old 8th June 2011, 16:38   #95
BHPian

Unfortunately even my TSI didnt come with Fog lamps. The production date is 02/2011 and i took delivery before the financial year end. I have sent an email to the dealer asking for clarification on the same. Hopefully they should be able to resolve the fog lamps issue atleast.

If anyone does manage to get the foglamps for free from the dealer please post on this thread.
Old 8th June 2011, 22:49   #96
BHPian

Skoda replied to my query on their Facebook page: "The current model of Skoda Laura Ambiente is not available with Rain sensing wipers, Auto-dimming mirror and Cooled glove box features. Fog lamps were temporarily not available but is now in the offering." Since they make no specific mention of Petrol or Diesel, I suppose it's across all Ambiente models.
Old 10th June 2011, 08:49   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda replied to my query on their Facebook page: "The current model of Skoda Laura Ambiente is not available with Rain sensing wipers, Auto-dimming mirror and Cooled glove box features. Fog lamps were temporarily not available but is now in the offering." Since they make no specific mention of Petrol or Diesel, I suppose it's across all Ambiente models.
This is exciting news, it forces you to buy and install the rain sensing wipers + auto dimming mirrors etc. and get hands on with VAG-COM i.e., if you really want it that bad. My laura did not come with rain sensing wipers and I'm going to install them not because I need them, but because I have this strange DIY itch.
Old 10th June 2011, 10:22   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
My laura did not come with rain sensing wipers and I'm going to install them not because I need them, but because I have this strange DIY itch.
Hi. Do let me know if you can get it done as after market from Skoda / outside. The dealer here said rain sensing wipers can't be installed later; had no clue about auto dimming RVM.
Old 10th June 2011, 10:31   #99
buz
BHPian

Regarding rain sensing wipers, noticed this today: the moment I would change the gear from 1st to 2nd, the wipers would start moving faster and slow down if I reverted back into the 1st gear. Anyone experience this?

And the rain sensor sensitivity switch that is on top of the wiper lever switch seems to work only for the 1st level and varies the time interval for it. Don't think it has any sensitivity to rain per se. Frequencies seem to be hard coded.
Old 11th June 2011, 09:12   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buz View Post
Regarding rain sensing wipers, noticed this today: the moment I would change the gear from 1st to 2nd, the wipers would start moving faster and slow down if I reverted back into the 1st gear. Anyone experience this?

And the rain sensor sensitivity switch that is on top of the wiper lever switch seems to work only for the 1st level and varies the time interval for it. Don't think it has any sensitivity to rain per se. Frequencies seem to be hard coded.
@ buz , it says in the manual that whether the wipers are set at high or low speed, the wiper speed will move to a lower speed if the car 's speed drops to 4 kph or less. Been trying to figure out the rationale behind this , but can't seem to think of any.

Are you sure your car has rain sensing wipers? I don't think this year's Ambientes have them. Mine surely dosen't.
Old 11th June 2011, 15:21   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across this useful link from Briskoda forums for downloadable PDF User Manuals for Laura (Octavia), Yeti, Superb etc... as well as for Swing Audio Player.

Since 11/2010
Old 11th June 2011, 18:00   #102
BHPian

Okay, I went and saw the car today at the Tafe showroom—it has fog lamps, yay!

Armed with a print-out of a spec sheet from the Skoda website, I went through every feature to check if they're there and did a careful body inspection too.

Couple of issues:

1. In the spec sheet, under Convenience > Interior Illumination, it mentions "Illumination of cabin storage spaces including front glovebox and compartment in front centre console."
The glovebox is indeed illuminated and lights up when opened, but the "compartment in front centre console"—that's the one just north of the gear shift, right?—does not. I did notice a white plastic thing on the top left of the compartment that presumably could light up but it did nothing.
The Tafe guys had no idea of the feature and pointed out that none of the other cars have it either. But after the experience of the last few weeks with fog lamps, I told them that some cars not having it is no guarantee that all cars don't have it, so can they please check and get back? So they will, or at least that's what they've promised. Meanwhile can the Laura users on the forum shed some, er, light on this?

2. There are two rubber claddings just under the bonnet, next to the windshield, on the far left and far right. These bend around the edges and, normally, cannot be seen when the bonnet is closed. But the car I was shown had one of them looking a little deformed and also protruding out. I pointed this out and the Tafe staff promised to send the car back to the workshop to have it fixed. I was a little apprehensive about sending the car back to the workshop but was assured that only the Pre-Delivery Inspection team will check and repair... whatever that means, but it sounded a little more reassuring.

So that's that. I should be getting delivery sometime next week, after the leather from Stanley is fitted. I've told them not to put 'Teflon'—instead I'll wait till the first service and decide then whether to apply it or not.

One more thing: Tafe said they've been informed that only black Lauras are currently coming with fog lamps.
Old 11th June 2011, 18:16   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buz View Post

Buz, I dont think you car has rain sensing wipers.
Old 13th June 2011, 07:38   #104
BHPian

Quote:
In the spec sheet, under Convenience > Interior Illumination, it mentions "Illumination of cabin storage spaces including front glovebox and compartment in front centre console."
The glovebox is indeed illuminated and lights up when opened, but the "compartment in front centre console"—that's the one just north of the gear shift, right?—does not. I did notice a white plastic thing on the top left of the compartment that presumably could light up but it did nothing.
The Tafe guys had no idea of the feature and pointed out that none of the other cars have it either. But after the experience of the last few weeks with fog lamps, I told them that some cars not having it is no guarantee that all cars don't have it, so can they please check and get back? So they will, or at least that's what they've promised. Meanwhile can the Laura users on the forum shed some, er, light on this?
Does anybody have any idea about this?
Old 13th June 2011, 10:38   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Glovebox illumination and the rubber claddings under the bonnet - I will check these on my TSi and post.

Quote:
One more thing: Tafe said they've been informed that only black Lauras are currently coming with fog lamps.

Oh...Skoda... - you made my day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks