Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 18:55   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: Black Ambiente Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI - Total satisfaction incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Will post the page number (and possibly a page scan) once I am home tonight. And don't worry about the * marks - some * marked features can be enabled/disabled, while some can not be (because hardware is abscent).

For the ones you are talking about, the required H/W is already present in the car IMO, so it's just the software.
For the mirror to go down on reverse, you need to have the seat/mirror memory package with power seats. Don't ask me why though.
Old 13th June 2011, 19:16   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Well, there's a white TSI standing at the dealer waiting for me to take delivery (stuck up for want of endorsed insurance policy - hopefully should get sorted over next few days). Mfg date May 25 and it has fog lamps. Guess, all dealers are collectively deceiving. I remember someone posting he's been told by his dealer that only beige lauras have fogs.
Tafe also showed me a silver car without fogs that had arrived with mine. Curiously enough, it had a later mfg. date, I think April. So it may not be just a batch in the middle that got stripped of fog lamps.
Old 13th June 2011, 23:22   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
For the mirror to go down on reverse, you need to have the seat/mirror memory package with power seats. Don't ask me why though.
cool...I am speechless...
Old 13th June 2011, 23:43   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
cool...I am speechless...
Therefore possible only on the L&K and the RS which should come with power seats.
Old 14th June 2011, 11:38   #125
Senior - BHPian

Wow, these are new things I am learning from Skoda. While adjusting the mirrors on my year old TDi, the left does not move while adjusting the right. And vice versa.
Is this new? Or is it limited to certain "special" cars?

@Akshay: I agree, the left mirrorm moving down on engaging reverse is possible only on memory seats. Hence only on L&K. However, is it possible to retrofit that feature? Something like tweaking the software or adding another minor component?
Old 14th June 2011, 12:01   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
On page 11, under "Electric exterior mirror adjustment", you'll find a chart.
Next to L, it says "Adjusting left and right exterior mirrors simultaneously"
Next to R, it says, "Adjusting the right-hand exterior mirror"
The L & R has obviously been switched in Indian cars for Right Hand Drive.

Then at the beginning of page 26, it mentions a way to switch this function off, if you don't like the simultaneous thing.

On page 65, it says: "Adjusting left and right exterior mirrors simultaneously:
– Turn the rotary knob to position L. The movement of the mirror surface is identical to the movement of the rotary knob."

Sorry, was that too much information? <grin>
Thanks for that info. So much for my detailed studying of the manual . But I am glad that its supposed to be that way and that its not an electrical fault or a bug just on my car

Just realised, the simultaneous movement of the ORVMs is quite useful when short drivers pull the seat up or tall drivers push the seat back. You just have to adjust the right ORVM, the left one, having moved simultaneously, would also have moved into position on its own.

Would also like to know from other Laura owners if the door locks lock automatically once we are on the move. I remember reading somewhere in the manual that the door locks will lock automatically if the car attains a speed in excess of 15 Kph. I cant seem to hear the door locks 'clicking' into the lock position once the car is in motion and after stopping, the passengers are able to open the door from the inside with the engine still running. Haven't tried opening the door from the outside though.
Old 14th June 2011, 12:34   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Wow, these are new things I am learning from Skoda. While adjusting the mirrors on my year old TDi, the left does not move while adjusting the right. And vice versa.

@Akshay: I agree, the left mirrorm moving down on engaging reverse is possible only on memory seats. Hence only on L&K. However, is it possible to retrofit that feature? Something like tweaking the software or adding another minor component?
If you ask Tafe, they may suggest that you should paint your car in Black and this will start working....

But on a serious note, the Asset Auto workshop on Nagar Road is one of the better places to get these things debugged. The facility is big, staff is good and courteous and the place is a bit away from the city so there is less rush. They can connect VAGCOM and try all features possible on your car...
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 13:39   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

The auto adjusting mirrors can be put on or off with vag-com. So can the left mirror down on reverse, but for that you need to have the seat memory package, hence its not possible by just tweaking the software or adding a small component.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 20:12   #129
BHPian

[quote=buz;2368348], added the wood finish interiors (as in the Superb, didnt like the Silver look) and on April 26 we took delivery of what I can describe as a TSI package...

Congrats!! Hope all is well with the 'TSI package'.

Just wanted to know if wood finish interiors were done by the skoda dealer or whether you got them done outside? If you dont mind could you also tell me how much it costed to get this done?

Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 19:27   #130
buz
BHPian

Got it done through the dealer itself. Cost about 17k.
buz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 20:20   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buz
Got it done through the dealer itself. Cost about 17k.
The wood trims or the fogs?
Old 19th June 2011, 13:17   #132
buz
BHPian

Wood trims. I am yet to take up the issue of the fogs with the dealer. Let's see how it goes.
Old 19th June 2011, 14:20   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buz
Wood trims. I am yet to take up the issue of the fogs with the dealer. Let's see how it goes.
Take it soon Buz & assertively. If there is no harness, they better put one.
Old 19th June 2011, 23:31   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
Thanks for the update, bloodred, and congratulations too. Here's to the rest of your Skoda experience being smooth and trouble-free.

I was informed of my VIN today—it's March 2011. Should I insist on a more recent date?

Also, how did you get the day as well as the month? According to the code-sheet, I can tell the month only. And I've been given the engine number too—is there anything I can tell from that?

U should use the VIN and check for the date on vagauto.com. they give date as well. and if you are really keen on the entire checklist of features of the car (i was during my purchase of the laura) you can also get an extended report on the vehicle for 3.45 euros. totally worth it. spending 200 bucks before buying a 16 odd lacs car, totally worth it! hope it helps!
Old 20th June 2011, 11:42   #135
buz
BHPian

I just bought mine online. How much time does it take for the full report to be emailed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks