Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 11:05   #106
BHPian

Re: Black Ambiente Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI - Total satisfaction incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
Does anybody have any idea about this?
No illumination on the storage in front of the gear lever, confirmed.
Old 13th June 2011, 11:13   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
No illumination on the storage in front of the gear lever, confirmed.
Hmmm, why is it mentioned in the spec sheet then? I'll ask on the Skoda Facebook page and see what they say.
Old 13th June 2011, 11:38   #108
buz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Glovebox illumination and the rubber claddings under the bonnet - I will check these on my TSi and post.

Oh...Skoda... - you made my day.
Only black Lauras - Mine is a Black Laura TSI without fogs

Anyway, I too received the official Skoda response on facebook, like mentioned before. Now I have posted to them as to how are they recompensing buyers for the omissions as they never mentioned all this officially to the individual prospective buyers. Frankly, verbal communication from the dealer doesn't hold any water. Hoping to elicit a response. Will request other buyers too to follow suit as a single request for a revert might just get lost at Skoda's end.
Old 13th June 2011, 12:47   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a query for other Laura owners. When I try to adjust the right ORVM by turning the adjustment knob towards 'R', the the left ORVM also adjusts simultaneously even though it is not intended. I then have to adjust the left one again, since it has moved out of the optimum position. I turn the knob back to 'L' and adjust it. When it is on 'L' , the left ORVM adjusts independently of the right one.

Is it supposed to be like this?
Old 13th June 2011, 13:04   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
One more thing: Tafe said they've been informed that only black Lauras are currently coming with fog lamps.
Well, there's a white TSI standing at the dealer waiting for me to take delivery (stuck up for want of endorsed insurance policy - hopefully should get sorted over next few days). Mfg date May 25 and it has fog lamps. Guess, all dealers are collectively deceiving. I remember someone posting he's been told by his dealer that only beige lauras have fogs.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:36   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Well, there's a white TSI standing at the dealer waiting for me to take delivery (stuck up for want of endorsed insurance policy - hopefully should get sorted over next few days). Mfg date May 25 and it has fog lamps. Guess, all dealers are collectively deceiving. I remember someone posting he's been told by his dealer that only beige lauras have fogs.
Bloodred, what's the discount offered on your model?
Old 13th June 2011, 14:25   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Bloodred, what's the discount offered on your model?
Hi. The car is under corporate purchase and has company specific discount (at least that is what I was told), hence won't like to post it here. It's not as high as 1.5 lacs though which somebody quoted on a forum. You can PM me for details (don't have these rights yet).

But I can tell you that I had booked in March end and the price has not changed because of my refusing to accept delivery of w/o fogs vehicle.
Old 13th June 2011, 14:26   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I have a query for other Laura owners. When I try to adjust the right ORVM by turning the adjustment knob towards 'R', the the left ORVM also adjusts simultaneously even though it is not intended. I then have to adjust the left one again, since it has moved out of the optimum position. I turn the knob back to 'L' and adjust it. When it is on 'L' , the left ORVM adjusts independently of the right one.

Is it supposed to be like this?
Wow...so this really happens in your car.
It's mentioned in the owner's manual - exactly as you describe and I was surprized to read it as it does not work the same way on my TSi. So this could be one of the features that can be enabled/disabled in software(?).

So, if you engage reverse, does your left OVRM lower on it's own (to facilitate you to view the left side clearance) and once you engage neutral or first, does it bring itself up on it's own? If this is also working on your car, I think it will be a good feature for me to enable via software...

Cheers!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 13th June 2011 at 14:28.
Old 13th June 2011, 14:42   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. The car is under corporate purchase and has company specific discount (at least that is what I was told), hence won't like to post it here. It's not as high as 1.5 lacs though which somebody quoted on a forum. You can PM me for details (don't have these rights yet).

But I can tell you that I had booked in March end and the price has not changed because of my refusing to accept delivery of w/o fogs vehicle.
I sent you an email.
Old 13th June 2011, 14:44   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I guess Skoda and the their dealers have some Ambientes w/o fogs mfd inside a three or four month window, floating around in their unsold stock. The latest production cars seem to have them. They are trying their best to pass these off to unsuspecting customers who belive their stories about the missing fogs (hilarious stories ) . To customers who are particular and threaten to cancel their bookings unless fogs are given, are given the latest cars with the fogs.

I pass by Vinayak cars everyday on the way to work and back, and never miss an oppurtunity to take a glance at cars parked outside waiting for delivery. I still see some Ambiente's ribboned up ready for delivery without fogs. I know they are Ambientes and not classics because these cars have the Ambeinte alloys.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 13th June 2011 at 15:11.
Old 13th June 2011, 15:28   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow...so this really happens in your car.
It's mentioned in the owner's manual - exactly as you describe and I was surprized to read it as it does not work the same way on my TSi. So this could be one of the features that can be enabled/disabled in software(?).

Cheers!
Well I don't know if I have a different version of the manual, since I am unable to find it mentioned anywhere in the manual.

Quote:
So, if you engage reverse, does your left OVRM lower on it's own (to facilitate you to view the left side clearance) and once you engage neutral or first, does it bring itself up on it's own?
Nope. This is mentioned in the manual though. But it has the dreaded * next to it , which means we don't get it.
Old 13th June 2011, 16:28   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well I don't know if I have a different version of the manual, since I am unable to find it mentioned anywhere in the manual.
Will post the page number (and possibly a page scan) once I am home tonight. And don't worry about the * marks - some * marked features can be enabled/disabled, while some can not be (because hardware is abscent).

For the ones you are talking about, the required H/W is already present in the car IMO, so it's just the software.
Old 13th June 2011, 18:21   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will post the page number (and possibly a page scan) once I am home tonight. And don't worry about the * marks - some * marked features can be enabled/disabled, while some can not be (because hardware is abscent).

For the ones you are talking about, the required H/W is already present in the car IMO, so it's just the software.
@anandpadhye : yes, I agree this is something which can be activated by the software since the hardware for the adjustment exists. But why would Skoda disable it by default for India? Do they feel that Indian buyers are not mature enough to comprehend these safety features?

But seriously, in Skoda's defence, if the ORVMs tilted down every time one shifted into reverse, it would be a real pain. In India we have more obstacles behind the car to worry about than just curbs on the ground
Old 13th June 2011, 18:43   #119
BHPian

Quote:
On page 11, under "Electric exterior mirror adjustment", you'll find a chart.
Next to L, it says "Adjusting left and right exterior mirrors simultaneously"
Next to R, it says, "Adjusting the right-hand exterior mirror"
The L & R has obviously been switched in Indian cars for Right Hand Drive.

Then at the beginning of page 26, it mentions a way to switch this function off, if you don't like the simultaneous thing.

On page 65, it says: "Adjusting left and right exterior mirrors simultaneously:
– Turn the rotary knob to position L. The movement of the mirror surface is identical to the movement of the rotary knob."

Sorry, was that too much information? <grin>
Orko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 18:46   #120
BHPian

Quote:
So, if you engage reverse, does your left OVRM lower on it's own (to facilitate you to view the left side clearance) and once you engage neutral or first, does it bring itself up on it's own? If this is also working on your car, I think it will be a good feature for me to enable via software...
There's a little disclaimer on page 26 of the manual that says "This function is only available on vehicles with an electrically adjustable driver seat." If it's dependent on hardware, it may not be only a software fix. But I could be wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks