Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2011, 21:29   #31
BHPian

Re: Black Ambiente Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI - Total satisfaction incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
2010 and earlier versions of
========
There are no Fog Lamps in the Ambiente Petrol trim (TSI) from 2011 onwards. The diesel Ambiente has the Fog lamps.

my friend has got the petrol (TSI) ambient version and he has got fog lamps
Old 30th May 2011, 21:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsonu View Post
i recently went in for my first service for the TSI and the service advisor was really insisting on underbody anti-rust coating which was 2.5k. I am a little confused of this as i have never got this done on any car and i have a 11 year old honda city which is perfectly fine wheres skoda is just an year old.
So, should i go for this treatment because he said that rust could go to some parts of the engine from underbody. I seriously gave it a thought after listening to that but didn't opt for it because i thought why not ask the gurus over here first.
and how do you make sure that they have actually replaced the parts (like engine oil etc) that they charge for as they don't let you see the car while it is being serviced.
Underbody anti-rust coating is not required for this car. In fact all VW group cars come with 12 year anti-perforation warranties abroad. And the CKD-routed Octavia ( Laura for India) isn't an exception. If you get a chance to put your car on a lifter, you yourself can examine the kind of wax & sealants put-in there .
ritzy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 22:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsonu
fog lights are present in the ambient version. i bought it last year and got the fog lamps and a friend of mine took delivery yesterday and fog lamps were there.
Check with your dealer if you don't have fog lamps. Maybe they upgraded the classic version to ambient for you. Just thinking aloud.
Varun, the petrol Ambients of 2011 does not come with fogs.
Old 30th May 2011, 23:35   #34
BHPian

Congratulations my friend, each and every reason you gave for choosing the Laura is spot on. what a car no? I got mine couple of months back in diesel, and have not regretted it one bit, the petrol is a powerhorse from what I hear. Congrats!

Good to see that you got the same color wooden inserts as the Elegence and the Superb. I also had gotten my wooden insets, but mine are of a slightly lighter colour compared to the Elegence, good no doubt, but not as good as the colour you got, still better than the silver alloy.

Congratulations on your purchase, will be good to hear about your first long drive and how the car takes on the highways.
Old 30th May 2011, 23:49   #35
buz
BHPian

Quote:
my friend has got the petrol (TSI) ambient version and he has got fog lamps
Everyone. Even my TSI doesn't have fog lamps. I was reading out for the Ambiente from the website. Varun: it might just help to check the manufacturing date on your friend's car. Will dispel all doubts here.
Old 31st May 2011, 00:43   #36
BHPian

I will check the VIN tomorrow morning but i found another difference in my and my friend's car. My friend's car needs the clutch to be pressed before starting otherwise it shows clutch on the MDI and dosen't start. Whereas my car from an year back dosen't have any function like this. I can start just like that on neutral.

tell me if this helps for time being.
Old 31st May 2011, 08:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I will check the VIN tomorrow morning but i found another difference in my and my friend's car. My friend's car needs the clutch to be pressed before starting otherwise it shows clutch on the MDI and dosen't start. Whereas my car from an year back dosen't have any function like this. I can start just like that on neutral.

tell me if this helps for time being.
Absolutely Varun. I have to press the clutch each time I have to start the engine & I recall not experiencing this on the TD vehichle. Whats happened to the 2011 TSI. A couple of other features too have stripped from here like the rain sensing wipers, cooling glove box and auto dimming mirror. These are atleast that I know of.

Keen to know why the clutch has to be pressed in the 2011 models. Somebody, pls. clarify.
Old 31st May 2011, 12:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hey Buz, Im late in congratulating you on the new purchase, but nontheless. Hearty Congratulations on owning the beast! The review too has been crisp and to the point.

About the fog lamps, Buz, i think you've got the new toned down Ambiente TSi. The fogs and other bells and whistles were gotten rid of in the new Laura. This one was 12.XX ex showroom Mumbai. The diesel still gets the fogs, as the prices have not been reduced on TDi's (due to high sales). Is there a provision for retrofitting the fogs?

@Cedricsg: Is that a new feature? My year old Laura TDi does not have anything like that. i can start the car in neutral without the clutch being pressed.
@Buz: Do you experiance the same?

Also, any specific reason as to why the tyres have 32psi? Isnt 30psi standard?

P.S: Best of luck with the beige interiors! Its a pain to maintain them in our climate.

P.P.S: More pics. esp interiors would be great!

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 31st May 2011 at 12:41. Reason: Spelling correction.
Old 31st May 2011, 13:41   #39
Team-BHP Support

I find it quite a weird move from the company. They delete some features, but the website still shows it all as available. It’s appalling that they can get away with these. Great machine, but quite baffled with this treatment.

@Buz: Just curious, where you informed of these omissions before the purchase?
Old 31st May 2011, 15:23   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
@Buz: Just curious, where you informed of these omissions before the purchase?
Having gone through the buying experience of the Laura TSI just a few weeks back , I can confirm that the omissions were never highlighted.

Both the dealers in Bangalore have only the TSI classic on display with the stripped down features. All that the sales people tell you, is what the classic is missing when compared to the petrol Ambiente model. Specifically the classic does not have the center armrest, rear AC vents, no alloys, no rear parking sensors, and comes with a basic music player.

There is no mention of Fogs, cooled glovebox, rain sensing wipers and auto-dimming mirrors that you see on a diesel Ambiente on display. It is very natural for anyone to assume that you will get all these features in the petrol Ambiente as well.

I strongly believe this is a deliberate move by the dealerships to hide the missing features unless and until specifically asked by the customer. By the time you realize this, you would have paid an advance already and booked the car. Then it is a bitter pill to swallow which most of us do since we are more exited about the car.
Old 31st May 2011, 18:37   #41
BHPian

guys its true.. i checked VIN of my friend and the manufacturing date is june 2010 as his 6th digit is F and 10th is A.. So it is actually true.. 2011 models are being stripped down of features.
the only difference between my and my friend's car is A/C glove box(my car has it while its not there in his) and the clutch thing which is explained above.

Now what can my friend do?

P.S. my car's manufacturing date is april 2010 while delivery date was 27th june 2010.
Old 31st May 2011, 20:22   #42
buz
BHPian

I have asked the dealer on 3 items and I should get an answer by tomorrow: front fogs, auto dimming IRVM and rain sensor (this I think exists as there is a control for it in the wiper lever, still checking it out). Rest of the car is as per the website.
Old 1st June 2011, 09:23   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buz View Post
I have asked the dealer on 3 items and I should get an answer by tomorrow: front fogs, auto dimming IRVM and rain sensor (this I think exists as there is a control for it in the wiper lever, still checking it out). Rest of the car is as per the website.
Best of luck with the fogs. Checked with almost all the dealers in Mumbai. All of them are reluctant to get them fitted.
Old 1st June 2011, 09:53   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post

Keen to know why the clutch has to be pressed in the 2011 models. Somebody, pls. clarify.
i am also curious as to why this has been done. apparently this change is there since june 2010 models. What is the purpose of this?
Old 1st June 2011, 10:26   #45
BHPian

Buz : Congrats ! You've a petrol monster at your disposal

Quote:
i am also curious as to why this has been done. apparently this change is there since june 2010 models. What is the purpose of this?
I test drove the new verna diesel 2011. It has the same process of pressing the clutch pedal and starting the engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks