Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2006, 16:36   #91
Senior - BHPian

The Cedia sports the SAME 4G63 block as the EVO...! If there EVER was such a thing as a "Potential rice rocket", this is it. Performance from the Cedia, in stock form, is hardly scintillating, but unlike the older lancer, this one has a distinct advantage- the FQ300 powerplant (not the AWD tranny) package is a direct bolt on. Including the MIVEC head. One thing, though. You'll have to get the FQ's cylinder sleeves, conrods, crank, and shaft mounts too. That's because the Cedia's N.A. SOHC 4G63 has Bore x Stroke dimensions of 81.5 x 95.8mm, as opposed to the T.C. DOHC 4G63B's 85 x 88 mm.

For the price of a 235 BHP RS, you'll be getting a modded 300 bhp Lancer. The Japs are easier to live with. And more reliable as well. IF one could get over the annoying and immense torque-steer from a 300 BHP FWD, the modded Cedia would be ONE HOT Mama.

If only HM would realise the car's potential, and market it with some intelligence. As it is, they have pegged the new Cedia "Select" at over a lakh rupees less. If HM manages to get the Elegance for, say, 8.5 lacs ON-ROAD, it would be an absolute steal.
Old 2nd August 2006, 16:55   #92
BANNED

Y'know, the more I see the car, the more it's starting to grow on me...especially the sports version.

Have any tuners tried anything funky with it yet?
Old 2nd August 2006, 18:39   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
IF one could get over the annoying and immense torque-steer from a 300 BHP FWD, the modded Cedia would be ONE HOT Mama.
Are you speaking from personal experience ? ( of driving a 300 bhp fwd car )
Old 2nd August 2006, 19:03   #94
Senior - BHPian

Ok lets analyze this.

WHy would you not buy a cedia select at 9.09 lacs bar the leather ?

115hp while not exciting enough it is surely powerful enough for everyday use in the city and frequent highway use. And as veyron1 mentioned, this car has immense potential.

has anyone seen the commercial on cedia by HM?

Last edited by devarshi84 : 2nd August 2006 at 19:04.
Old 2nd August 2006, 19:20   #95
Senior - BHPian

@W12; No, but judging from the way a 150BHP vRS torque-steers at 180 Kmph, I can imagine. Heck, my 87 BHP Swift requires corrections to the steering if I prod the throttle at 150.

Even an LSD only improves upon the understeer/ inner wheel traction loss. It doesn't take away the torque steer while launching, or hard acceleration.
Old 2nd August 2006, 21:56   #96
BHPian

HM sure know how to kill their own market. Its surprizing however quite a few expats self drive Good ol Amby. I was taken aback to see this in one of the parties. all white amby's parked and quite a few in the line for parking, No they were not taxi's they were being driven by expats, Hope HM can come out with atleast head turning colors on their new modles
Old 9th September 2006, 07:31   #97
Senior - BHPian

www.mitsubishi-motors.co.in

I saw on this link that they are talking about

"ASSURED Re-sale value"

what does that mean?
Old 9th September 2006, 08:13   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
Baleno sells primarily, because at 5-6L, you get a VFM deal. Price it alongwith lancer, fiesta and the NHC, and sales would be lower than the Fiat.

It has nothing to do with the rating of the car by itself.

Bigger - NO - they are the same size, the difference is only in few mm
As FE - 10-11 kmpl (lancer) and 12 kmpl (baleno) - there is a diff here
Newer - ya, sure - like comparing two dinosaurs
Better handler - yes
Safer - ?? how do you say this

Sure - drop prices by a lakh or two, just maybe, some ppl might notice the VFM in it.
Dude LAncer handles way better than baleno and suspension settings on stock baleno simply doesnt encourage hard driving . Gear shift is bad in Baleno not exactly the one for quick shifts
Old 9th September 2006, 08:21   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Again you're comparing gulf specifications. I felt the Cedia (at least the one I tested) had better levels of refinement than the Corolla. Engine noise is not as intrusive as in the Corolla (which has a nice snort from that rev-happy engine, but it can get on your nerves after a while).
I agree with you on that , interms of refinement level corolla is far below that of the Cedia , but it really scores above cedia in terms of perfomance .
Old 9th September 2006, 18:09   #100
Senior - BHPian

Can someone explain how a 2 litre Cedia is running alongside 1.6 balenos and fiestas in INRC?
Old 10th September 2006, 08:09   #101
Senior - BHPian

read the thread on the k-1000 rally. you will find the details there.
Old 29th April 2007, 00:04   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The interiors are better than the gulf versions where the Lancer is sold as an entry-level car.

Autos dont sell in India and I dont think we have even a fraction of the number of roundabouts they have in the middle-east (thankfully!)

Again you're comparing gulf specifications. I felt the Cedia (at least the one I tested) had better levels of refinement than the Corolla. Engine noise is not as intrusive as in the Corolla (which has a nice snort from that rev-happy engine, but it can get on your nerves after a while).

As for resale, dont compare Toyota resale values in the gulf to those in India. Here, Toyota can do no wrong and the resale value that a Corolla commands is ridiculous but you will find the situation is very different in India where the Skoda would command a better resale value - unimaginable in the middle-east.

People dont buy cars to drag them. Definitely no 10-lakh cars. And its a bit ridiculous to compare the Esteem to this car, drag or no drag.
Sorry to dig this old thread but couldnt resist as I myself am contemplating between Corolla HE and Cedia Select.

To be honest Corolla is a better car, but Cedia is a more loaded car. In addition Cedia probably will have a very bad resale and Toyota in India too, has much better resale value than Cedia.

Corolla has a much peppier engine and the Cedia feels slugish and one really has to rev the car in order to accelerate. In addition my suspicion is that the 2 litre mill is not as frugal as Corolla.

Though I wont be going for drags, but of course the one that spends 9 lakhs for a self driven car, also looks for performance. At least I do...

Lastly the rear seat of Cedia is a joke, it has no thigh support and is more fit for an Indica than a 9 lakh rupee car...

The only problem is that new Corolla will soon be out. But with a strict budget of 9 lakhs, I just dont see any better options than Corolla right now...

Last edited by aseem : 29th April 2007 at 00:07.
Old 29th April 2007, 09:56   #103
Team-BHP Support

do go this thread as well for more info on the cedia. Also instead of select check out the new spirit as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...i-cedia-3.html

Compared to corolla I would say the Cedia is a better choice. The car's loaded and I found it a better drive in terms of ride, handling and NVH.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2007, 18:44   #104
Senior - BHPian

Aseem why dont you look at the Optra or the SX4?
Old 30th April 2007, 01:17   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Aseem why dont you look at the Optra or the SX4?
I took Carollas test drive and I was sold... It was more peppier and responsive than the current Civic and 2 lakhs cheaper, allbeit completely stripped off.
The thing is that I have to convince my family to go for a big car... they dont want to go over City category. And I find Carolla would be a wise investment in proving a point to my family that big cars can be low on maintanence, good on FE, and yet pleasure to drive.

Optra CNG would be cheap and economical, even though like Carolla the new model would be out, but I never found Optra to be driver pleasure kind of car, its more like a mideocre with good interior... Carolla on the other hand is VVT-I engine that is just a joy to drive. I havent driven it at 140 kmph so cant talk about NVH levels, but at City traffic its just soooo much fun.

SX4 would be a segment lower, and probably just be like what Baleno is today, or a Fiesta or Verna. I am looking for something better in 9 lakh budget. I would have loved to go for Civic but its 2 lakh dearer.

I love Cedia for the features it has, but cost of running, with FE and spares, and resale are just too big a risk to ignore for a 9 lakh rupee investment.

I am sad that I might end up buying City Vtec or Optra CNG, but to be honset these cars dissapoint me. City even the Vtec is a hopeless car when compared to Corolla in joy ride. I find my Swift better....

I just dont know what to do with 9 lakhs....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks