Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2007, 08:59   #106
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
... I just dont know what to do with 9 lakhs....
Well, for starters you could give me eight. I'd buy a discounted Lancer Cedia.

With the remaining lakh, you could buy me mods.

Methinks you're sold on the Corolla. Why ask somebody else & remain unhappy?

Go for it.
Old 30th April 2007, 09:09   #107
Team-BHP Support

I think elf's right. Your heart says Corolla although your trying to see if theres anything better.

One question though have you driven the corolla and the cedia? that will make your decision a lot easier.
Old 30th April 2007, 12:02   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I think elf's right. Your heart says Corolla although your trying to see if theres anything better.

One question though have you driven the corolla and the cedia? that will make your decision a lot easier.
I have driven Corolla HE and Cedia Select. I found Cedia to be slugish but more loaded as far as the interiors were concerned..
Old 30th April 2007, 12:17   #109
Team-BHP Support

well if you found the cedia to be sluggish then theres no point in taking that. may as well go for the car you liked driving.

Another suggestion try driving a cedia from another showroom. some test drive cars are not in great condition. I will help you make your final decision.
Old 30th April 2007, 16:44   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
well if you found the cedia to be sluggish then theres no point in taking that. may as well go for the car you liked driving.

Another suggestion try driving a cedia from another showroom. some test drive cars are not in great condition. I will help you make your final decision.
Thanks I will surely do this. I drove Cedia after experiencing Corolla, so my finding it sluggish is when Cedia is compared to Corolla. For that matter I feel Corolla to be more peppier than Civic as well.

Does any member here own cedia and can tell me its cost of maintanence and avg?
Old 4th May 2007, 08:37   #111
BHPian

I like the interiors of the Cedia, its exactly like the Mitsubishi Evo 7 ... But the exterior takes a beating.. The front head lights look funny... But how is the car....? Is it fun to streeet race in it?
Old 27th July 2007, 01:02   #112
BHPian

Cedia is truly VFM

I have been driving Cedia Select for few months. First things first..how much did I pay for it..9.3 on road price ( good discount from the dealer) in Bangalore. Now I need to know which car at that price would give you 2.0 litre engine / 115 power & 175 torque / 2 airbags / ABS + EBD / 10.5 mileage in city..highest in this segment / 4.9 m turning radius..best in this segment / 175 mm ground clearence..best in segment.

At that price, Honda is offering City ZX that has nothing and absolutely nothing in comparison. Forget the looks and style since it is personal; all Honda and Toyota cars "in India" are overpriced. Ask any Lancer owner, he would tell you proudly that even driving it for more than a lac kms; its engine is as good as it was when it was new. Mitsubishi engines are perhaps the best. They do not provide frills in their cars and given the new price of Cedia, I was all for it.

One could surely buy Honda Civic..pls pay 3.5 lacs extra to get all of those stuff that I highlighted above + that jazz of dashboard.

I must say..we in India buy cars for frills and make ups. No wonder Suzuki kept cheating us with those dinkies all those years. Mitsubishi and HM have made sincere effort with Cedia and I am enjoying the service they provide.

Mods note: Please try to avoid using dots in between sentences. Break them properly as single complete sentence.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th July 2007 at 09:46.
Old 27th July 2007, 09:29   #113
Senior - BHPian

^^I dont think there is a single mitsubishi cedia owner who's not completely in love with his(her?) car . Its a fantastic car for the price you pay for it.
Old 27th July 2007, 10:11   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
I have been driving Cedia Select for few months. First things first..how much did I pay for it..9.3 on road price ( good discount from the dealer) in Bangalore.
I must say..we in India buy cars for frills and make ups. No wonder Suzuki kept cheating us with those dinkies all those years. Mitsubishi and HM have made sincere effort with Cedia and I am enjoying the service they provide.
You paid 9.3L. Now if you pay 3L what will you get from Mitsu-HM stable? 3L is what most Indians can afford for a car (Reason: Alto is the largest selling car in India).

Can Mitsu-HM combo price a car at 3L, which is not a 'dinky'?
Old 27th July 2007, 10:14   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^I dont think there is a single mitsubishi cedia owner who's not completely in love with his(her?) car . Its a fantastic car for the price you pay for it.
not just the cedia. there aint a single mitsubishi owner who's unhappy with his/her car.

Yes, they are driven to thrill.
Old 27th July 2007, 12:19   #116
Senior - BHPian

update. Just found a major news concerning cedia.

Mitsubishi offers Rs 10k discount on Lancer

Mitsubishi Lancer India
Old 27th July 2007, 13:00   #117
Senior - BHPian

Factory fitted LPG in a high end car... now that sounds interesting.
Old 27th July 2007, 19:13   #118
BHPian

So can someone help me understand ? LPG apart from all else, would also mean loss of boot space ?
Old 28th July 2007, 13:25   #119
BHPian

thanks for the news.
looks like they have reduced prices for the car as well.
boot space will be lost, yes but since its a factory fitment, should be minimal. also gives you an option in terms of economy if required.
Old 28th July 2007, 14:01   #120
BHPian

The website says "One Country..One Price". Isnt the taxes different across states. So is it possible that "HM" is gaining on the price front in some states?.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks