Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 19:44   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom

I believe the rear seat can be folded down from inside the car ; so a smart thief can always steal from the boot by accessing it from inside the car
BTW I am not that kind
I don't know in Indian Altis but here in USA, the seats can't be folded down from inside, they have provided pull levers in boot that you use to fold down seat. So you can lock boot using master key use regular key and your boot is secured.
Old 3rd November 2011, 20:35   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My new Corolla Altis 2011 - 7 speed CVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
I don't know in Indian Altis but here in USA, the seats can't be folded down from inside, they have provided pull levers in boot that you use to fold down seat. So you can lock boot using master key use regular key and your boot is secured.
Same goes for the Indian Altis too. You cannot access the boot from the inside without first using the lever from the boot.

Hey Jaxy: You also got the remote lock from the Toyota right. I wanted to know if there is any provision for enabling sound in it too? Its a very irritating task to lock/unlock the car without the sound specially in sunlight when I have to many a times double or tripple check as the indicator lights get hard to spot while locking the car.

Which film did you get finally? How is the car doing? How many kms covered till now?
Old 4th November 2011, 20:36   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitmahendra View Post
Dear Jaxy,
Congratulations on your 7 speed CVT Cotolla Altis 2011. Going by the review´s I am quite inclined to go for this variant first thing in 2012. Can you advise what mileage you are getting in city run and highway run?
[b]Thanks Amit, currently I'm getting around 10 kmpl in city and i just came back from a highway trip to Almora - uttrakhand where i was getting around 14- 15 kmpl depending upon the road conditions, just to add driving on the hills was amazing, this car pulls like anything and downshifts at the right time without having that rubber band effect during gear changes

[quote=AJo;2566517]I am planning to book the Corolla Altis AT (7 Speed CVT) too. Am really curious about the mileage existing users are getting? Can Jaxy or any others answer?

[b] Hi AJo, my replies in the above post

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Same goes for the Indian Altis too. You cannot access the boot from the inside without first using the lever from the boot.

i second that, that key for the boot is provided esp for the valet parking thing, where you can secure your things in the boot
Hey Jaxy: You also got the remote lock from the Toyota right. I wanted to know if there is any provision for enabling sound in it too? Its a very irritating task to lock/unlock the car without the sound specially in sunlight when I have to many a times double or tripple check as the indicator lights get hard to spot while locking the car.
Hi Mohit, my car does have a sound like a "single beep" for unlock and "double beep" for lock, but it isn't very loud like those aftermarket ones

which film did you get finally? How is the car doing? How many kms covered till now?
[b] i have covered around 4k, the car is amazing. I'm sure you are also not getting enough of your baby, this car is packed. I just came back from a trip to the hills and the car did amazingly well, it just pulls and pulls, that AT box - i can't get enough of this. the drive on the hills was bliss.
I haven't got any film yet. Will be done in the coming month.

How is your car treating you?

Last edited by Mpower : 24th December 2011 at 01:53. Reason: Do not post in full bold for no reason
Old 4th November 2011, 21:21   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you activate any feature or was the sound present from delivery only? The remote lock is that black and grey one right? Can you post a pic of the remote? Mine has no sound at all so would love even a faint beep if its possible.

I have covered only 2000 kms till now. Its been just a month since I took delivery. This is surely one of the most sensible purchase that I could have made. The diesel advantage is such a bliss in current scenario.
Old 4th November 2011, 22:59   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
Did you activate any feature or was the sound present from delivery only? The remote lock is that black and grey one right? Can you post a pic of the remote? Mine has no sound at all so would love even a faint beep if its possible.
Correct me if I am wrong but, I think petrol Altis comes with different key set - remote inbuilt with key whereas in diesel, they provide separate remote lock that you are talking about. However, I remember that with separate remote key, you can activate beep sound by following some steps with remote lock. I will try to find that out for you.
Old 5th November 2011, 01:27   #66
BHPian

Quote:

I have covered only 2000 kms till now. Its been just a month since I took delivery. This is surely one of the most sensible purchase that I could have made. The diesel advantage is such a bliss in current scenario.
the remote's pic is on the 4th page
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2519819
Old 5th November 2011, 05:00   #67
AJo
BHPian

Thanks Jaxy!
I am closely looking at the Altis AT & talking with the dealer in Pune if I can get a "factory fitted / warranty enabled" CNG fitment. The dealer has not been very enthusiastic - says Toyota has not taken RTO approval for CNG cars for Rest of Marashtra, but only for Mumbai (Dont know if this is valid argument?). Other option is I buy in Mumbai.

Frankly I would love some advice from the Gurus - An Altis AT with "factory fitted" CNG option sounds like a dream (too good to be true?). Would there be any issues I should anticipate in case I do get such a combination?

Rgds,
AJo
Old 5th November 2011, 08:42   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy View Post
the remote's pic is on the 4th page
Yours is a different remote. The one given to me is a very basic one with buttons only for door locking and unlocking. There is no boot releasing button or anything for the windows. Another case of toyota shortchanging the customers I guess!
Old 5th November 2011, 10:14   #69
BHPian

Quote:
The one given to me is a very basic one with buttons only for door locking and unlocking. There is no boot releasing button or anything for the windows.
Doctor saab, I guess this is based on the variant. Yours is a mid-variant and Jaxy's the top end. The top end is equipped with a smart remote offering start-stop function and a boot release. Though both the remote's look similar in terms of size, its stripped of the functions.
Old 5th November 2011, 10:24   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad

Doctor saab, I guess this is based on the variant. Yours is a mid-variant and Jaxy's the top end. The top end is equipped with a smart remote offering start-stop function and a boot release. Though both the remote's look similar in terms of size, its stripped of the functions.
Call me mohit mate. Its because of the different engine. The diesel lacks all the equipment like power seats, start stop button etc even in top variant. They added all the goodies to the petrol car ONLY.
In the diesel altis the only differences between middle and top variant are leather seats, headlamp washers, fog lamps in front and some extra fake wood on the steering. Whereas petrol variants get a whole lot of goodies.
Old 23rd December 2011, 15:05   #71
BHPian

So far I have driven the car in various conditions and have the following feel about it:

Delhi Rains
The car managed the pot holes , craters pretty well
Tyres grip is manageable, tyres noise is minimal
Cornering in the rain should be dealt with a little caution
Wiper blades are neat & does their job well, don’t really miss the Rain Sensing Wipers (Maybe because I haven’t been in a car with one) 

Hilly Areas – Uttrakhand (Almora)
Again the car showed it’s class with excellent road abilities, the stability at high speeds is pretty neat compared to my other car the Honda city Zx
Easily maneuvered over the pot holes & road craters
Automatic Gear box in the hills was amazing, never I felt the loss of power when I pressed the accelerator
I feel Toyota has jumped quite up in terms of their Auto box feedback with the 7 speed, I just hope it does not go faulty
The car is pretty long so parking in the hills was a issue, I managed to touch the front bumper’s underbody once when I trying to enter a parking space pretty steep down.
Even with 6 passengers, all adults the car never showed “I don’t want to climb that road, I might exhaust myself” signs. It was smooth at every point.
Avg  15 -16 Kmpl

Delhi Winters
The car starts at the 1st push of the start button [ peace of mind ], reminds me of old maruti days in School times when we had to push the car for a distance before it came to life in winters.
Miss the old days, nevertheless push button start puts a Smile on my face.
B.t.w I have this thing installed on my H. City Zx gear as well  “Push button start Gear Knob” . it’s pretty neat.
Still trying to figure out the correct temp. to be set in the car for winters, or should I keep a window lil bit open for fresh air.
My office is in Noida & I take the Kalindi kunj route, the traffic there is horrendous but inside the car, it feels you are in your own world. It purrs & glides  it’s gorgeous inside & outside (G&G)

Bumper 2 Bumper Traffic
Finally this does not matter, only the Fuel efficiency drops but I have no complaints since my left leg rests peacefully or taps to the song number playing on the Stereo.

Some Other Plus points:
• No rattles
• My city used to have the front windshield fogged up due to change in temp. but this car does not so far.
• Music System is very neat & there is no need to change
• Parking sensors (there are 2 only) do their job very well

Negatives:
• Since it’s an AT the FE is much less than manual
• I noticed that if the car is in motion I cannot manual override the door locks, they remain LOCKED.
Don’t think this is a good thing in case of emergency of some sort when I might have to jump out of a moving car  [pull the handbrake & jump out] hope this never happens
• Side mirror theft  it’s a ghost protocol , no one knows who did it in spite of guard being available throughout the night.
Any slight noise and I get up to see if it was my mirror which got cracked  Cheers! To many more sleepless nights until the ghost is caught.

And finally season greetings to fellow bhpians.
Jaxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 16:26   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy View Post
So far I have driven the car in various conditions and have the following feel about it:
Thanks Jaxy for the update

Quote:
I noticed that if the car is in motion I cannot manual override the door locks, they remain LOCKED.
Don’t think this is a good thing in case of emergency of some sort when I might have to jump out of a moving car [pull the handbrake & jump out] hope this never happens
I think the positives of having this feature is much more than the one negative exception you mentioned. Does the car have an auto-unlock in case of an accident situation?
Old 23rd December 2011, 16:32   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks Jaxy for the update

I think the positives of having this feature is much more than the one negative exception you mentioned. Does the car have an auto-unlock in case of an accident situation?
If I remember correctly all cars that lock automatically unlock automatically when there's a collision or impact. It may be based on sudden deceleration, not sure!
Old 23rd December 2011, 18:22   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

On the Vento I face the same issue. Say I spot the security up ahead and unlock my doors in anticipation. It auto-relocks if I am >15 kmph!

I guess it is a useful feature like vb-san says. But a little irritating.

Jaxy why the apprehension about the 7 speed box? Have you been haunting the DSG failures threads like I have
Old 23rd December 2011, 22:56   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
On the Vento I face the same issue. Say I spot the security up ahead and unlock my doors in anticipation. It auto-relocks if I am >15 kmph!

I guess it is a useful feature like vb-san says. But a little irritating.

Jaxy why the apprehension about the 7 speed box? Have you been haunting the DSG failures threads like I have
You got me there, i am indeed haunting those DSG threads especially since i booked the Laura AT first then backed out of the deal & convinced myself to go for Petrol AT only because of DSG horror no offence to anyone.

I guess auto lock feature has it's plus and minus.

I prefer the conventional way to making people wait until i lean over to unlock the doors felt like king of the castle. i can do that now as well but old habits die hard hehe.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 17th June 2013 at 11:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks