Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2011, 09:52   #46
BHPian

Re: My new Corolla Altis 2011 - 7 speed CVT

Congratulations on your new car Jaxy. Nice pics.
A request - Can you post a picture of the key fob as your version has smart entry?
Old 22nd September 2011, 10:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Jaxy!

How does the Corolla behave on the road? Since you TD the Civic as well, how would you compare the driving experience?
Since you have mentioned the steering wheel feel is heavy in this new model - how does it compare with the Civic?

Appreciate your feedback on the above.

Cheers
Old 22nd September 2011, 22:52   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the car!

I've temporarily moved your thread to the Assembly Line Section (More Information about this sub-forum).

Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.). To know more about this rule, and for review guidelines, view this announcement.

Please edit the opening post of this thread and update with a complete driving & ownership report. Pics would be great too! You have the ability to EDIT your post over an indefinite period of time; add more attachments / content / posts to your work-in-progress review thread at your own pace.

Once your thread is complete, you may report the post, and a Team-BHP Moderator will move your thread out to the public forum.

NOTE : After your thread has been taken public, you are permitted to bump it up once to bring it amongst the new post listings.

Thanks for the support!
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:56   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Jaxy, nice pics! Does the touch screen offer any other function as to display the car information or is it ONLY used for music and DVD playback? Also, if you were to get a reversing camera, can the OEM display be used for the same?
its only for Music and DVD playback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations Jaxy!

How does the Corolla behave on the road? Since you TD the Civic as well, how would you compare the driving experience?
Since you have mentioned the steering wheel feel is heavy in this new model - how does it compare with the Civic?

Appreciate your feedback on the above.

Cheers
the civic steering is much better than corolla. But the driving of corolla AT was above the civic AT. This corolla also likes to be moved the way the driver wants it to unlike previous gen which wanted to be chauffeur driven IMO. I was impressed by the pick up of this car, i went in with less hope came out with wide smile.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd September 2011 at 00:29. Reason: merging posts.Kindly do not post back to back posts within 30mins. Use the edit option instead. Thanks.
Old 23rd September 2011, 13:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy View Post
the civic steering is much better than corolla. But the driving of corolla AT was above the civic AT. This corolla also likes to be moved the way the driver wants it to unlike previous gen which wanted to be chauffeur driven IMO. I was impressed by the pick up of this car, i went in with less hope came out with wide smile.
Thanks Jaxy!
Could you clarify
Driving: Corolla AT above Civic AT - would you say power delivery? More fun to drive and powerful?
During my TD of the Corolla (earlier version) I found the engine straining when pulled hard - like she did not like being driven hard.
The sound of the VTEC in the Civic when redlining gears on the paddles is the best music in the world.
How's the suspension? I found it loose and disconnected in the Corolla (maybe due to the steering feel)

Kindly describe the drive feel in as much detail as you can.

Thanks again!
Old 26th September 2011, 11:50   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Thanks Jaxy!
Could you clarify
Driving: Corolla AT above Civic AT - would you say power delivery? More fun to drive and powerful?
During my TD of the Corolla (earlier version) I found the engine straining when pulled hard - like she did not like being driven hard.
The sound of the VTEC in the Civic when redlining gears on the paddles is the best music in the world.
How's the suspension? I found it loose and disconnected in the Corolla (maybe due to the steering feel)

Kindly describe the drive feel in as much detail as you can.

Thanks again!
Well let me put it in this way, I wanted to buy the car for get me from my home to my office as comfortable as it could be.

So, what i was looking for was ride comfort, good ground clearance, quick overtaking if required and a quite cabin.

Civic, though wins in the X factor with sweet engine note and steering response, it does not win in driving experience, the new altis pulls hard as well and is at part with the civic in my opinion, some might find it the other way round, the car corners pretty well as well and does not behave like it's predecessors which wanted to be driven silky smooth.
Regarding, riding comfort i could feel every pot hole , bump inside the cabin of the civic, it managed to scrape it's under belly on few occasions where the corolla easily maneuvered itself.

For me the suspension was pretty decent, not too hard and neither too soft.

one more thing which i liked in the corolla was that i could see the bonnet while driving, which for me is a plus point might not be for others

If i want to drive or want to be driven to my office, this car fits both the cases.

Hope this helps in clarifying
Jaxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 11:57   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
Congratulations on your new car Jaxy. Nice pics.
A request - Can you post a picture of the key fob as your version has smart entry?
attaching the snap, sorry for the picture quality it's not a very good CAM i have with me right now

The second pic, is the key which can be detached from the fob in case you want to give it to the valet, this key locks the boot which cannot be opened or accessed from anywhere unless the key is used to unlock it, not even from the car's back seat.
We can keep our valuable in the boot.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Corolla Altis 2011 - 7 speed CVT-img00010201109261153.jpg  

My new Corolla Altis 2011 - 7 speed CVT-img00011201109261153.jpg  

Last edited by Jaxy : 26th September 2011 at 12:02.
Jaxy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 13:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the remote pictures Jaxy. Do get a better keychain than the default leather one that they give to everyone. See mine on the Falcon (Fortuner) here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2491221
Old 26th September 2011, 14:48   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its only for Music and DVD playback.
Have gone through the posts and looks like this has not been covered hence the question, apologies if you have already answered it before.

Does the system play Music (Mp3) and Video (DivX) through a USB Pen drive or it needs DVD Disc to play the video?
Old 26th September 2011, 14:48   #55
BHPian

Guys got my mirror back on.
There was a wire damage inside the mirror which was stopping it from moving up & down, this was fixed but the mechanics.
The bracket was attached back to the mirror from where it was broken by some industrial adhesive + plastic welding if i am not wrong. It works flawlessly now.
Repair cost 400 for repair and another 100 for labour charges.
Total = 500rs
Old 27th September 2011, 16:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

I have another question. Whats the OTR cost of the G and GL variant now?
Old 30th September 2011, 11:08   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Have gone through the posts and looks like this has not been covered hence the question, apologies if you have already answered it before.

Does the system play Music (Mp3) and Video (DivX) through a USB Pen drive or it needs DVD Disc to play the video?
HI Mayank, I haven't tested this out really. I will update you soon.
But i for sure know that the system does not play any sort of video from USB, it needs the disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Thanks for the remote pictures Jaxy. Do get a better keychain than the default leather one that they give to everyone. See mine on the Falcon (Fortuner) here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2491221
Thanks DKaile, really like your keychain but in my case the key always remains in the pocket
Old 2nd November 2011, 02:48   #58

Dear Jaxy,
Congratulations on your 7 speed CVT Cotolla Altis 2011. Going by the review´s I am quite inclined to go for this variant first thing in 2012. Can you advise what mileage you are getting in city run and highway run?
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:19   #59
AJo
BHPian

I am planning to book the Corolla Altis AT (7 Speed CVT) too. Am really curious about the mileage existing users are getting? Can Jaxy or any others answer?
Has anybody thought about a CNG option for the Altis AT? I am aware that Toyota offers this option on the Altis MT, but will it work well with the AT? With petrol prices slated to go up again, probably worth thinking?
AJo
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:42   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
this key locks the boot which cannot be opened or accessed from anywhere unless the key is used to unlock it, not even from the car's back seat.
We can keep our valuable in the boot.
I believe the rear seat can be folded down from inside the car ; so a smart thief can always steal from the boot by accessing it from inside the car
BTW I am not that kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJo View Post
Has anybody thought about a CNG option for the Altis AT? AJo
I have seen CNG aftermarket fitments on the earlier Corolla ATs ; so Altis AT + aftermarket CNG kit should be no problem

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks