Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2011, 07:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black

@Prabhu,

Congratulations on the Vento. the colour black looks stunning on the car. Nice write up too, typical of a passionate Vento fan.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely. Do take some time out to post the interior pics too.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 07:50   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: About the car - Vento TDi Black

OT query : The letter 'i' in the "Tdi" wording at the back - by your pics it looks silver colored; isn't it red?
Old 10th October 2011, 09:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Wonderful narration prabhu, do you work for covert ops by any chance?
Also, a Bangalore Vento meet is brewing amidst the backdrop of Metallica concert, hope to meet you and the black beauty soon
Thank you doxinboy. No I don't work for any covert ops. he he.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Congratulations. Black Vento looks fantastic. Please post some interior pics for us to admire.
Hi guyfrmblr. Thank you for your wishes and the inputs. I will put up the interior pictures this week once I install the sun film and remove the plastic sheets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I have to repeat this - the Vento looks absolutely stunning in black! Beautiful pics boss! Nice writeup - very crisp & to the point.
Thank you Ninja. It was your thread that I used to keep visiting multiple times to quench the thirst. Also the i lettering in TDi is indeed in red color with a silver border. Maybe because of the lighting it came out silver in the photographs(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Congratulations, Prabhu! Awesome photos! Great writeup. Black was naturally the next choice for me had I not gone for the blue. Don't know if anyone of the other Vento owners have noticed: The black, blue, red, silver and white each look good on their own and lend a different character to the Vento!
Thank you Nilesh. Lets meet up sometime soon. Had a very pleasant drive today morning to office and the bumper to bumper traffic was a breeze(No, not the Vento breeze) with minimum gear shifts. Car is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Prabhu,

Congratulations on the Vento. the colour black looks stunning on the car. Nice write up too, typical of a passionate Vento fan.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely. Do take some time out to post the interior pics too.
Thank you ghodlur. Will definitely post the interior pics this week.
Old 10th October 2011, 19:53   #19
BHPian

Got the 3D kagu mats from Evo. Costed 3700 Rs. Pretty good and I feel the right leg pain has subsided. Car looks neat too after removing all the thank you paper.

It's nice to drive in peak hour traffic. Less stress and second gear does the job in bumper to bumper traffic.

Did not have time to visit the service centre to get the music system activated.

After changing the tyre pressure to 33, ride is not very comfortable. Need to try 32.

Mud flaps are a must. Thank you Bangalore rains. Need to see which one to go for. Stock ones or normal one from the market. Any suggestions?

Last edited by prabhuferrari : 10th October 2011 at 19:56.
Old 10th October 2011, 20:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Many many congrats and wish you many many happy miles! the car does look stunning in black , i have seen only 1 black on the Delhi roads and it caught my eye!

Cant they just give you the code over the phone for the system?
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 20:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo
Many many congrats and wish you many many happy miles! the car does look stunning in black , i have seen only 1 black on the Delhi roads and it caught my eye!

Cant they just give you the code over the phone for the system?
Hi puchoo,

Thank you for your wishes. Yes I believe I can get it via phone as well. But since the service centre is just 500 metres from my office thought of going in person and slowly get familiar with the service personnel as well.
Old 10th October 2011, 21:14   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Got the 3D kagu mats from Evo. Costed 3700 Rs.
Wow! Now that's a bargain! I couldn't get a single rupee off the 5k price here!

Quote:
It's nice to drive in peak hour traffic. Less stress and second gear does the job in bumper to bumper traffic.
Now that's a first time! I wonder how many would think similar to you

Quote:
After changing the tyre pressure to 33, ride is not very comfortable. Need to try 32.
Funny you should say that. I haven't been able to find much of a difference after reducing the psi from 42+ to 32.
Old 11th October 2011, 04:03   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Nilesh. Lets meet up sometime soon. Had a very pleasant drive today morning to office and the bumper to bumper traffic was a breeze(No, not the Vento breeze) with minimum gear shifts. Car is good.
Yes! Let's meet. I am free on the coming weekend. Will continue this over PM.

Quote:
Mud flaps are a must. Thank you Bangalore rains. Need to see which one to go for. Stock ones or normal one from the market. Any suggestions?
I went for the hard OEM ones. They look decent enough. Nothing much to experiment here. There are also these flexible mudflaps but I didnt like how they appear to have come straight out of an autorickshaw accessory shop! Or maybe I saw the wrong ones!

One advantage with the hard mudflaps is I know when they scrape against speed breakers. It is like an early warning system.

Quote:
Quote:
Funny you should say that. I haven't been able to find much of a difference after reducing the psi from 42+ to 32.
I found a marked difference in the ride quality between 33 and 32. I have tried all options - 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, 38. Of these all, 32 is the best for city commutes, I feel. For highway trips, I fill up to 34/36.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Makes sense then given the distance , always better to go personally if its not too inconvenient but the entire concept of a code to activate the system is a bit silly , more so given the fact that there is a chance that a new owner would be driving around for a few days due to the unavailability of it.

Quote:
Hi puchoo,

Thank you for your wishes. Yes I believe I can get it via phone as well. But since the service centre is just 500 metres from my office thought of going in person and slowly get familiar with the service personnel as well.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:59   #25
BHPian

Quote:

Now that's a first time! I wonder how many would think similar to you
This statement is to be read with the context I used to drive an esteem before in the same traffic. Mid range Torque is what gives me that pleasure I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I went for the hard OEM ones. They look decent enough. Nothing much to experiment here. There are also these flexible mudflaps but I didnt like how they appear to have come straight out of an autorickshaw accessory shop! Or maybe I saw the wrong ones!

I found a marked difference in the ride quality between 33 and 32. I have tried all options - 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, 38. Of these all, 32 is the best for city commutes, I feel. For highway trips, I fill up to 34/36.
Let me go for the OEM mudflaps then and also change the tyre pressure to 32. Maybe its a good time to go for the tyre pressure inflator that guderian and dkaile have been raving about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Makes sense then given the distance , always better to go personally if its not too inconvenient but the entire concept of a code to activate the system is a bit silly , more so given the fact that there is a chance that a new owner would be driving around for a few days due to the unavailability of it.
Totally agree. Don't understand what is the need for an activation code over here. Maybe as I was kidding before VW sometimes does behave like we are buying the car for covert ops.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

well , all the best and i hope its not going to be longer than a 5 minute process for you.

Maybe we should have the code put up someplace for all new Vento owners to refer to

Quote:

Totally agree. Don't understand what is the need for an activation code over here. Maybe as I was kidding before VW sometimes does behave like we are buying the car for covert ops.
Old 11th October 2011, 16:27   #27
BHPian

Just went to VW downtown and got the music system activated. It was a 2 min job which got delayed as the internet connection was not working at the service area. Service people were courteous and the experience was good.

Also got this

Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-imag0422.jpg
Old 11th October 2011, 18:05   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also got this

Attachment 825483
So did I.

Feels awesome having that keychain!
Old 11th October 2011, 18:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

So this was because they felt bad about the music system or a general gesture?

Quote:
Just went to VW downtown and got the music system activated. It was a 2 min job which got delayed as the internet connection was not working at the service area. Service people were courteous and the experience was good.

Also got this

]
Old 11th October 2011, 18:58   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Now I know where all the stolen logos land up

Black is beautiful! After the shadow blue this is my favourite shade on the Vento.

I am currently on 34 psi. 32 is definitely more comfortable but I lose a kmpl at least which for a petrol dude is a big deal!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks