Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 11:12   #106
BHPian

Re: Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black

Mind blowing. The 13th picture is just out of the world. Brings out of the beauty of the black. The rear profile just looks stupendous. By the way what camera do you use? Looks like a nice DSLR
Old 23rd January 2012, 16:55   #107
BHPian

Sorry for the absence and the lack.of response. My Vento brought home our baby boy today. The kid was born on Saturday

Need to find good car seats for the child. Hope it is once the head remains still.

Not that it makes a difference to road users, but would like to put up a baby on board sticker as well.
Old 23rd January 2012, 17:20   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Sorry for the absence and the lack.of response. My Vento brought home our baby boy today. The kid was born on Saturday

Need to find good car seats for the child. Hope it is once the head remains still.

Not that it makes a difference to road users, but would like to put up a baby on board sticker as well.
Congratulations Prabhu! Great news

And yes, time to get some essential accessories for the Vento. Here are some useful links – for both your requirements.
Baby Car Seats, Baby Car Accessories, Mothercare | Shoppers Stop
Winnie The Pooh Baby On Board Sign | Shoppers Stop

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd January 2012 at 17:21. Reason: Quoted post added
Old 27th January 2012, 01:59   #109
Senior - BHPian

Huge Congrats on the baby, Prabhu! No wonder we didn't hear from you.

And of course, congrats on the Vento as well. Sorry for the delay; as you know, I've been away from the forum for quite a while now.

The "Baby on Board" board is a good idea too. Even if it makes some difference to 5% of people, it is not insignificant.

About the child seat - there is a fairly good thread on the forum, I had seen quite a long time back.

Quote:

So you ended up with a Vento! A very enjoyable car again, mate. Loved it's combination of agility and sense of control while swerving it at moderately high speeds in my TD.

Have only read a small bit of the thread. Your "mission statements" were both interesting and funny Hope you are going through a proper running in. Do warm up the car properly, before you start.

Edit: The Vento has such a different appeal, based on it's colour. And it seems to look good in almost all. Like the black

Last edited by Poitive : 27th January 2012 at 02:15.
Old 7th March 2012, 10:28   #110
BHPian

Am back. Never knew son will keep me so busy. Car is inching towards 6000 kms now but the target is to complete 8000 kms in few weeks time with multiple Chennai trips planned.

Need to get the baby seat from mothercare or any other reliable places. Am bit confused here as mothercare guys say that there is a good seat which can be used from 6 months onwards. My son is only 1.5 months old now.

From May onwards, will go for speaker upgrade first similar to what Nilesh had done. And since summer is for only 2 months in Bangalore contemplating the need of windshield sunfilm.

Poitive,
Nice to see you back mate!
Old 7th March 2012, 10:55   #111
BHPian

Quote:
And since summer is for only 2 months in Bangalore contemplating the need of windshield sunfilm.
I had almost made up my mind and went to the 3M shop to get the windshield film installed. Came back as they had a lot of pending jobs. After that I drove to Mumbai and did not feel the need for it. So that has saved about 7k for me as of now. I'll first see someone's windshield film before deciding again!
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 11:27   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I had almost made up my mind and went to the 3M shop to get the windshield film installed. Came back as they had a lot of pending jobs. After that I drove to Mumbai and did not feel the need for it. So that has saved about 7k for me as of now. I'll first see someone's windshield film before deciding again!
That settles it then. I feel we will need to upgrade the headlight as well if you go for front windshield film if you do lots of night driving.
Old 28th August 2012, 19:19   #113
BHPian

Opening this thread after some time. Car has crossed 14700 Kms now. Have fixed the service appointment with VW Palace cross tomorrow. Based on most of your experiences this is what I have in mind

*Air filter, pollen filter replacement
*wiper liquid, engine oil, coolant top up
*No wheel alignment. Many have said better to get it done outside
*ECU update
*brake drum cleaning

Should I ask for replacement of fuel filter? Anything else that I am missing?

Once this is done I have few chennai trips pending. Will get the car detailed at privilege moto mall chennai. Have detailed my esteem there and had a very good experience.

On a separate note had a cap daze mobile holder. Stupid thing fell off one very hot day from the windshield. Need to find a better mobile holder.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed