Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2011, 21:42   #46
BHPian

Re: Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black

Congrats for the VentoD. The last snap looks two good with the temple in the background. Some interior snaps would be welcome as well.
Just curious to know about the major upgrades in the current model over the outgoing.
Old 14th October 2011, 22:05   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian
Congrats for the VentoD. The last snap looks two good with the temple in the background. Some interior snaps would be welcome as well.
Just curious to know about the major upgrades in the current model over the outgoing.
Thank you Utopian.

The upgrades, not sure if you can call them major, are

* New HU. RCD 310 with USB
* Reverse parking sensor
* Steering controls for audio

One thing that's removed is the interior surveillance system.
Old 15th October 2011, 10:06   #48
BHPian

Some photos of the HU

When its turned off
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-imag0423-612x1024.jpg
When its on
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-imag0424-612x1024.jpg
The steering wheel controls. Need to see if there is a way to integrate bluetooth here and use the button
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-imag0425-1024x612.jpg
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 14:22   #49
BHPian

The car got its first wash yesterday
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-imag0427.jpg
I love the speedometer
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-bangalore-004.cr2.jpg

Some random photos over the weekend. Met Nilesh today morning at the Hebbal lake. Good place to go in the morning if you are interested in bird watching etc.

Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-bangalore-031.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-bangalore-030.cr2.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-bangalore-029.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-bangalore-028.cr2.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-bangalore-013.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-bangalore-010.jpg
Old 16th October 2011, 17:51   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: About the car - Vento TDi Black

Congratualtions on your new Vento. It looks fantastic in Black. I just love the current family look VW have on all their cars. Unmistakeably European and very classy.

I recently got 3D Kagu mats for my Laura from Hot Tracks in Victoria Layout for 6.2K. The guy told me there are a lot of imitations available in the market for lesser price, samples of which he has kept in his shop just to show the difference in quality. Must admit, the imitations are no match to the originals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
*I use the handbrake only when I park the car.
Don't we all do?

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 16th October 2011 at 17:53.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 18:58   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat
Congratualtions on your new Vento. It looks fantastic in Black. I just love the current family look VW have on all their cars. Unmistakeably European and very classy.

I recently got 3D Kagu mats for my Laura from Hot Tracks in Victoria Layout for 6.2K. The guy told me there are a lot of imitations available in the market for lesser price, samples of which he has kept in his shop just to show the difference in quality. Must admit, the imitations are no match to the originals.

Don't we all do?
Thank you Santosh, Let me check the mats.

Also with respect to hand brakes I have seen people using it during signals with ignition on. I also rarely do when the signal is on a slope. During those times the arm rest might pose a problem.
Old 16th October 2011, 19:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

Good set of pictures. Tail lamps of the vento looks the best when illuminated. Its quite a sight!

Prabhuferrari - Good taste of music, One of my all time favorites!
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 20:21   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80
Good set of pictures. Tail lamps of the vento looks the best when illuminated. Its quite a sight!

Prabhuferrari - Good taste of music, One of my all time favorites!
Thank you Bala. I will be in Chennai around 1st November. If you have time, we can do a black and white photo shoot.
Old 17th October 2011, 13:31   #54
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new Vento. I was bit uncomfortable with the head space in Vento. Very spacious boot. How do you feel the hand rest of the driver on the left hand side. Is it not uncomfortable with hand break. Other wise I like it a lot and even planning to compromise that and own a white one. How long did you wait for the delivery.
navan49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 14:20   #55
BHPian

Prabhu,

Many congratulations on the new Vento. Black colour looks very good. Actually vento looks good in white, silver, blue and black. You cannot go wrong with any of these colours.

Enjoyed the write up and the way you went about choosing what you wanted. Recently I TDed the Vento for a friend of mine and 100% agree with you about the 2nd gear comfort in bumper to bumper traffic.

Wish you many many happy miles. Drive safe.

PS: Are you not going for windshield film? I have got the Garware windshield film and it made lot of difference in AC cooling. Think about it.
NoRules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 14:49   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Congratulations on your new Vento. I was bit uncomfortable with the head space in Vento. Very spacious boot. How do you feel the hand rest of the driver on the left hand side. Is it not uncomfortable with hand break. Other wise I like it a lot and even planning to compromise that and own a white one. How long did you wait for the delivery.
Hi navan49,

Thank you. I am 5'5 and don't find the head space. Also I don't find the drivers armrest a problem as I do not use handbrake that often except when I turn the ignition off. I got my car in 1 month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Prabhu,

Many congratulations on the new Vento. Black colour looks very good. Actually vento looks good in white, silver, blue and black. You cannot go wrong with any of these colours.

Enjoyed the write up and the way you went about choosing what you wanted. Recently I TDed the Vento for a friend of mine and 100% agree with you about the 2nd gear comfort in bumper to bumper traffic.

Wish you many many happy miles. Drive safe.

PS: Are you not going for windshield film? I have got the Garware windshield film and it made lot of difference in AC cooling. Think about it.
Thank you NoRules. I will be going for the sun films pretty soon. To start with I am going for 3M sunfilm for the side and rear window. Front windscreen maybe a bit later as am not sure if its really needed in Bangalore, yet.
Saw your thread as well. Hope you get your car in good condition back soon and enjoy the beast.
Old 18th October 2011, 11:28   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry @prabhu, got delayed and couldn't post the pics. Even the pics are a bit hazy as had to take them just before leaving for office.

Both RE & CR series are quite transparent - you can just make out that there is a film on the car - but the effect is there

Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-car-outside.jpg

Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-car-closeup.jpg
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 11:44   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Sorry @prabhu, got delayed and couldn't post the pics. Even the pics are a bit hazy as had to take them just before leaving for office.

Both RE & CR series are quite transparent - you can just make out that there is a film on the car - but the effect is there
Thank you Ninja. This helps a lot. Will go and get it done for my car too
Old 18th October 2011, 12:58   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Thank you NoRules. I will be going for the sun films pretty soon. To start with I am going for 3M sunfilm for the side and rear window. Front windscreen maybe a bit later as am not sure if its really needed in Bangalore, yet.
Saw your thread as well. Hope you get your car in good condition back soon and enjoy the beast.
If you have covered parking during the day then I do not think you need the windshield film. When I was in Bangalore few years ago and got my new Logan, I went for the windshield film because I did not have covered parking near my office and when parked for long time even Bangalore heat can make the car very hot n uncomfortable.

Reg my car, well :-( I am hoping to get it back by next week. As of now I am managing with my Baleno.
Old 18th October 2011, 13:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

@prabhu,

Thanks for showing me your Vento the other day. I must say with the front seats adjusted to my requirment (6 ft) there was huge space at the rear. Good that you have got the transmission tunnel covered with the matting too. Thanks for the music demo, it sounded too good. Good that you stuck to then same HU instead of changing it.

I hope you will get the Sunfilms done sooner.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks