Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2011, 07:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Eon: Quick First drive and impressions

As always, good work, Sid !! How is the ingress and the egress especially folks who have problems in bending to get into the car ?

With Eon as the starting point and with i10 as the one step above, where does that leave Santro, a 11+ year old car which is still crunching up decent numbers ?
Old 13th October 2011, 07:25   #17
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

This launch from HMIL will surely shake MSIL from its slumber. All along MSIL has taken the Indian customer for granted and dished out poorer versions of their global cars.

Swift/Dzire combo will keep MSIL flag flying high and it will be interesting to see Alto numbers going forward.

Cheers
Old 13th October 2011, 08:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

I hope Hyundai gets the pricing right for this car.
It looks modern but not so modern as to turn off people, like Beat does.
The interiors, one of the most important things have not been compromised.
Maruti I think is going to have some tough times ahead.

Lowering the price of Alto will not help here.
Alto looks way too old and dated compared to this car. Lowering the price will not address this issue. Also its not that Hyundai is brand like Nissan trying to get a footing in Indian market.

So what will Maruti do now? Good that they got new Swift out to keep chugging up numbers.
Old 13th October 2011, 09:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post

Lowering the price of Alto will not help here.
Alto looks way too old and dated compared to this car. Lowering the price will not address this issue.

So what will Maruti do now?
Average Indian gives very rare importance to look of interiors and colour combination. It is we forum literate would comment on this aspect. Maruti Alto has made tough market for others to creep in. It is changing mindset of common people to go beyond Maruti tag and look at Hyundai.

Changing this monopoly will be tough job in a year or two by Hyundai. It is nice package offered by Hyundai, lets see how it fare in small car market. Still it has long way to go.
Old 13th October 2011, 09:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

That was a good short test report. There are too many +ves in here which should help slanted H to gain the market.

And yes, the rear department should have worked for better. But not bad.

ARAI figure of 21+, price tag of 3.x more + hundai's A.S.S and network is more than enough for the success

Ha, I forgot the SRK
Old 13th October 2011, 09:33   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
(E)ntry (O)f (N)ew Search Engine
Hah,all the while i was searching for this on the earlier Eon thread and now i see this.I slept off around 1:30am after waiting for this but my sleepy head did not allow me to check the forum part at that time.This is a concise and great first drive report.You sure have a knack for hunting down scoops,PAPARAZZI petrol head i say.I hope the Hyundai dealer here gives me a TD today as promised by him.If i do a TD,i'll try to find out more about its city handling over one of the best potholed roads. Will try to see the boot space and other details.I also want to check the audio system and am already carrying a pendrive and an aux cable with me in my bag .

Pic courtesy-From sidindica's post for reference only.
I was wondering that the front lower ends of the bumper(marked in red) are kind of jutting out.This might lead to scraping against kerb/footpaths or for the matter,many other things in Indian context.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Eon: Quick First drive and impressions-photo0777.jpg  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 13th October 2011 at 09:44.
Old 13th October 2011, 09:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Average Indian gives very rare importance to look of interiors and colour combination. It is we forum literate would comment on this aspect.
It is actually the other way round. Enthusiasts like us do not give importance to interiors, whereas the average buyer looks for a feel good factor when buying a car. Impressive interiors definitely improve the appeal of a car to the average buyer, especially ladies.

I can recall many comments on this forum, where people have mentioned that people buy i10 only because of its beige interiors. While I do not completely agree with this statement, but it definitely proves the point that good interiors help to increase the car sales.

Rohan
Old 13th October 2011, 09:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Average Indian gives very rare importance to look of interiors and colour combination.
Wrong! Otherwise how do you explain poor sale of Etios siblings?

Quote:
Changing this monopoly will be tough job in a year or two by Hyundai. It is nice package offered by Hyundai, lets see how it fare in small car market. Still it has long way to go.
Wrong again! Hyundai is already considered a premium brand in India due to high quality interiors and finish compared to Suzuki. Also, people are terribly bored of Alto so Eon will sell like hot cakes no matter which is better. Alto's monopoly is effectively over even before we know about Eon's pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I was wondering that the front lower ends of the bumper(marked in red) are kind of jutting out.This might lead to scraping against kerb/footpaths or for the matter,many other things in Indian context.
May be a trick to earn money by replacing/repairing bumpers to make up for low margin of profit on Eon?

BTW, I like your signature "Eon(2012),XUV5OO(2013) \m/"

Last edited by DevilsCry : 13th October 2011 at 09:52. Reason: adding reply to BoneCollector
Old 13th October 2011, 09:52   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice one again Sid! From the pictures, the interior quality looks amazing, with a big-car feel.
Old 13th October 2011, 09:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Now this one looks like the best car to buy within that price range! If the indicated prices are to be believed this is indeed a small wonder from Hyundai. Hope the engine keeps up with the rest of the package. Thanks Sid!

Hope it delivers FE as promised, usually Hyundai never does.

Last edited by Sankar : 13th October 2011 at 09:58.
Old 13th October 2011, 10:13   #26
Team-BHP Support

Oh boy oh boy!

Hyundai has taken the fight right up to Maruti's doorstep. And how!

The car looks a good package overall; the interiors are good!

If priced well, which I've a feeling it will be, Alto is going to face some major heat.

Well done Hyundai! Now just get your spares at reasonable prices and MS will be sweating!
Old 13th October 2011, 10:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

saw 2 eons early morning today at 7ish.. the car looks good... interior space and rear seat under thigh support is better than the chevy beat i tded yesterday. If speculated pricing is true, the car is a sureshot winner.
Old 13th October 2011, 10:37   #28
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The Eon looks beautiful. The interiors are very well put together. Having driven a Santro Xing for almost 6 years now, I can safely say that the Santro is a quality car. The low end torque is just awesome and the Santro makes driving a pleasure in urban conditions.

Hope the Eon inherits these features and if launched at this price, Hyundai has got a sure shot winner which will give the Alto a run for its money. Surely India will be ON.

Any updates on the exact prices?
Old 13th October 2011, 10:45   #29
BHPian

Thanks for the updates Sid, it was a quick review. I am sure that EON will lead the charts.
Old 13th October 2011, 10:58   #30
BHPian

thanks for the first drive impressions,nice writeup,BTW how was the braking of the eon?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks