Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 14:08   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Eon: Quick First drive and impressions

Took a short drive of EON couple of days back ! Just a couple of points . The selling point will be the interior quality . And the sore point will be the rubbery gearshift and the vibrating gearstick .
The cabin space is tad better than alto , and for me its a battle between EON and ALTO . It will be interesting to see the market response as HMIL has priced it bang in middle of alto and k10 .
Old 17th October 2011, 16:43   #122
Senior - BHPian

EON is impressive car, no doubt about that. Looks are very promising. But i guess pricing is little on higher side. If someone wants car in 3 lacs he can get Alto with AC & PS. But EON is more than 3.1 & is without both these accessories thats too bad. Also people are saying engine is not so good. Has less punch & gear has vibrations. Lets see how market reacts

One thing is for sure, T-BHP ins are not very much happy about the car pricing and engine. Number of replies suggests that. Hardly this thread is moving
Old 17th October 2011, 17:43   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
EON is impressive car, no doubt about that. Looks are very promising. But i guess pricing is little on higher side. If someone wants car in 3 lacs he can get Alto with AC & PS. But EON is more than 3.1 & is without both these accessories thats too bad. Also people are saying engine is not so good. Has less punch & gear has vibrations. Lets see how market reacts

One thing is for sure, T-BHP ins are not very much happy about the car pricing and engine. Number of replies suggests that. Hardly this thread is moving
In the city where this car will be spending most of the time , With heavy traffic conditions , the vibrating gear lever can be a source of good massage.In the other thread where a fellow team-bhpian has reviewed the car , he has said the inside door handles look flimsy and the body is made of thin gauge material . It also has a weak bottom end .

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 17th October 2011 at 17:44.
Old 17th October 2011, 20:03   #124
Senior - BHPian

For a car to be targeted at Alto, I guess the Eon fits the bill perfectly. It has its own strengths vis-a-vis the Alto:
1. Modern Design
2. Spacious + Bigger Boot
3. Powerful (except Alto K10)
4. Better Interiors

Yes, Hyundai have price & A.S.S. disadvantage, but this will attract more customers initially because of its design & interiors. Later, the reliability, ownership cost & upfront discounts will count to improve the sales numbers. I guess the base models (Dlite & Era) will bring numbers for this car, & the Magna & Sportz won't sell more (because of the price).

Regarding criticism, one should always consider the competition (Alto 800) of this car, is isn't exactly the best with AC, not powerful either & far more cramped. Moreover, Alto's build quality isn't something we can boast of. At least consumers have good choice to make (unless this one too catches fire like the Nano).
Old 17th October 2011, 23:57   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
version non ac - Maruti std - 2.39 , Hyundai Eon Dlite - 2.69
version ac - Maruti Lx - 2.71 , Hyundai Eon Dlite (o) - 2.92
version ac, power steering- Maruti Alto Lxi - 2.88 Hyundai Eon Era - 3.12
version - Maruti Alto K10 lxi - 3.12, Hyundai Eon Magna - 3.36

version - Maruti Alto K10 vxi - 3.25 Hyundai Eon Magna (o) - 3.49
Hyundai Eon Sports - 3.74

All above are Ex-showroom prices delhi quoted in this thread, you still feel EON is not a ALTO Beater?

With such pricing EON will eat in to ALTO + K10 + SPARK + SANTRO sales for sure.
I think you are missing one important point, all of the Alto/Estilo etc have a discount of 20 to 25 K, do not just go by Ex showroom price.
-Sanjubaba
Old 18th October 2011, 08:55   #126
Senior - BHPian

Saw the car yesterday.

Good
- Definitely spacious
- Better interiors
- Doors feel far heavy and secure.
- Great storage space all around and nicely designed dash to throw stuffs
- Seats are like Swift or atleast felt like sitting in a swift.
- View is good and gear and steering are definitely better than Alto
- Rear seats are BIG and spacious for 2 people. Remember the swift front seats, with wing like feature, almost the same.

Not so good
- Definitely a 4 seater
- Hyundai could have pushed the rear seat a little back to create more space.
- Comparable pricing is still on the higher side.
- No AT
- A little difficult to get into the car or get out of it. Design flaw is what i feel.

Overall i am very impressed with the car. I am 6.1 and i can say with my driving position i can sit in the rear with not so much discomfort. Only problem is getting in and getting out of the car.
Old 18th October 2011, 17:03   #127
BHPian

Test Drove the EON on Sunday at Samara Hyundai, Lajpat Nagar

+ves

- Looks
- Excellent interiors for the price segment (can't comment on the "quality" just yet)
- Felt much more grounded and stable than its elder siblings
- Integrated Sound system with USB/Aux
- Huge Boot Space for a car in this segment
- Comfortable Seats (Sportz Version)

-ves

- Gear Stick Shaky & Vibrating
- RPM indicator sorely missed
- Rear Leg room (Although the others in the segment aren't any better)

Overall, a good city car for a point A to B commute. (Although even that choice changes basis who's driving )

But, what I am confused about is...Which segment is this car really in?

Alto? No

Estilo/Santro? Probably Yes

Seems all set to replace the Santro with the interiors and pricing. The fact that the LPG version has already beein spied testing makes the belief stronger.
Old 18th October 2011, 17:47   #128
BANNED

With a 1.1L engine, this is a good replacement for Santro. At this price tag, the 800CC engine kills Eon's character. But news from a Hyundai sales person is that customers coming for i10 and Santro are leaning towards and booking Eon because of its freshness.
Old 18th October 2011, 22:10   #129
Senior - BHPian

From what I am getting listening to, the market response to the eon is not as good as expected. Can we have areawise comments on the same? Hyundai has goofed up with the pricing.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 22:30   #130
Senior - BHPian

sid,

Last Friday I almost got this, but then the price when you compare to Brio is too much for a 3 Pot 800cc car, yes it has cheaper variants but those are too basic and I assume to most the Alto / Santro might make more sense, yes this is a modern car but I guess it will have to prove a lot to convert those looking for a Alto to consider this?

And for those who can up their budget could just get the Brio E/S over the Magna / Sportz and have a better overall car.

This is my opinion, and comes from without really having driven the EON so I can't comment much on it's driving.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
From what I am getting listening to, the market response to the eon is not as good as expected. Can we have areawise comments on the same? Hyundai has goofed up with the pricing.
Old 18th October 2011, 23:42   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
I think you are missing one important point, all of the Alto/Estilo etc have a discount of 20 to 25 K, do not just go by Ex showroom price.
-Sanjubaba
Why should they give discounts instead of dropping the prices. Once they drop the prices, the effective tax and the insurance also reduces which benefits again. Similarly, one need not go an bargain with the sales executive and its easier for decision making for a customer once the pricing is done properly.
Old 19th October 2011, 11:29   #132
BHPian

Quote:
+1

Many of my friends were so eagerly waiting for this car , now most of them
are caught in two minds . They like the car especially the interiors and
even the exterior styling but the pricing has kinda put them off . Remove
the price tag and you can buy with eyes shut but there are plenty of
better offers available in and around the price range . You have Alto ,
Alto k10 . Santro ,Spark ,Astar ,Estilo ,Beat petrol , Figo petrol available
with excellent dealer discounts and accessory offers .
Old 19th October 2011, 12:10   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Why should they give discounts instead of dropping the prices. Once they drop the prices, the effective tax and the insurance also reduces which benefits again. Similarly, one need not go an bargain with the sales executive and its easier for decision making for a customer once the pricing is done properly.
That is because it allows them to adjust the price based on demand, supply, competition. Ex-showroom prices cannot be changed every month while discounts can be varied as required.

Prices have been changed for cars where it was a must to generate sales (like Jazz) or a facelift model with more features launched (Vento)

Inspite of Honda reducing the City prices by 60 ex-showroom, the City still continous to have 70-90k discounts. Here Honda wants to play with the discount numbers based on the same demand, supply and competition.
Old 19th October 2011, 14:41   #134
BHPian

Quote:
This could probably be due to the segment Hyundai is targeting.
Most buyers might still prefer the tried and tested Alto with a better service network.
Old 19th October 2011, 19:16   #135
Senior - BHPian

I am used to driving a fast and a responsive car like the santro or sometimes my dad's city V. I actually need another small car for my chandigarh work area but I would be rather happy buying a brio whilst keeping the santro for backup rough use than buying the dinky eon at that price point. For a first time car buyer, its perfect but I hope I dont see an another "matiz" in the making. Those who remember the matiz story will understand what I am talking about.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks