Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2011, 22:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dark Knight has arrived : Pearl Black Vento TDi Highline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
@ el lobo 6061 - beautifully written. Vento is one of those sedans which changed the fortunes of VW in India. The car looks beautiful in black. I am sure you would have had a very difficult time in maintaining this beauty. How do you manage to keep her spic & span? any detailing tips please?
This tip should help everyone out. Whenever you want to make your car look just waxed you can do quick detailing. Once the car has been waxed the surface becomes quite smooth. You can feel it by running a microfiber(MF) or your finger over the paint.
But the environment is just so dusty. So keep it looking shiny, just clean the surface. Make a dilution of ONR(Optimum No Rinse) with water in the ratio 1:16(ONR:Water). Use a spray bottle and just spray it onto the clean surface and just wipe it off with a clean MF towel. The surface would become very slick and look like you just waxed it.
Every time I wash the Dark Knight, I quick detail it and looks just waxed. ONR is very useful product. You all can purchase it from carpolish.in the only retailer for ONR in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Congratulations, thats a very luxurious looking Vento. The black looks awesome as long as its clean, once it gets dirty it looks real bad. Good to see you putting in all the extra efforts to get it real clean.

The Premium Leatherette Seat covers looks real awesome, did you get that made specifically (i.e. customer made with order) or does it comes standard (i.e. pre-made)?
Thanks!
A clean & waxed black color car looks gorgeous and if gets dirty and dusty it appears very bad.
The Leatherette seat covers are available at VW workshop's and can be purchased directly. They are available in 2 shades, beige and dark color. They have been made specifically for Vento by VW, can be the reason for the snug fit and awesome finish. The color goes very well with the interior color of Vento and make it even look more better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Excellent review, and great pictures. The black color looks awesome, and the interiors look even better with the black leatherette seats! Happy driving
Thanks! At first I thought leatherette seats were very expensive at Rs. 8000, but after looking at the fit and finish, it was too good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I thought you bought another car

Congrats, belated hee sahi! Black is such a drop dead gorgeous shade. My candy white feels positively plebian compared to this!

Keep postin'!
Thanks. Better late than never. Once if you own a black color car and the time it goes in keeping it clean, you would be surprised how much better a white is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's a nicely written report. And a very nice detailing work too. The pics are nice and I liked the seat covers. They look quite premium and some good neck rests as well.

Congrats on the car -- Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Better late than never , lazy bugger
Extremely well written and gorgeous pics
A definite area of improvement is the abysmal 2700 km in 9+ months, our friend Ninja would have done it in a week's time!!
Thanks!. Yeah took a lot of time to jot it down.
Working on the usage, should see some improvement in coming months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolphie View Post
Awesome...but I'd second Saurav on the level of use.

Thanks for the detailing descriptions..I'll have to start mine as well!
Good to know to inspire someone. Do let us know of your experience on detailing your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Belated congratulations on the Fow-way. Black Vento oozes class. Happened to recently spot one in Pune the other day which looked spectacular (discounting a certain Mamba). The Black Vento's red tail lights blend into the black of the rear fenders is a real magical way.

Great to see that you are taking the extra mile efforts in keeping her well groomed. There is nothing more sexy than a mirror finished black car.
Thanks. I second your thought's, the tail lamps in night with a black color Vento look awesome and very magical indeed.
Would be great to meet you and Noopster with his Fräulein in a Mumbai-Pune meet in June'12 or whenever it happens.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 23:30   #17
BHPian

re: Dark Knight has arrived! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 5th Service done

@el lobo 6061- thanks a lot. Your car looks beautiful. I will for sure follow these steps to keep the car shiny as always
Old 27th December 2011, 09:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Superbly maintained, loved the detailed detailing guide! I know how tough maintaining black cars can be, but as you said, the end result is always worth it

Seat covers look great. I prefer the black ones over the beige variety any day (good that the Vento comes with black seat belts).
Old 27th December 2011, 15:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
It a real pain maintaining a black color, just ask anyone who owns it. Its in its pristine state just because that I have entrusted myself of washing it thrice in a week. But the final outcome always pleases me. A clean, detailed and waxed black color car will get more attention on road than any other color car.

Did a recent detailing on my Vento, that's the reason it is showing its real color. Here is a copy paste of my detailing session.

"Detailing is not a hobby but a passion, but a very labor intensive passion" - El.
Beautiful !! Loved the detailing done. You motivated me to get the detailing done soon on my car. Its true maintaining a black car is tough. But once its cleaned and it shines. Nothing beats it.
I'll try for the 3M shop.
Thanks once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Happened to recently spot one in Pune the other day which looked spectacular (discounting a certain Mamba).
Mamba has accumulated a lot of dirt
Old 28th December 2011, 10:11   #20

Quote:
I knew I had to do something about it. Told him to wash only twice a week to keep the damage minimal. The dust here is just too much(read Sanpada, Navi Mumbai). After one day of wash the car looks like it had been in a desert storm.
Talk about the the world being a small place....me too stay in Sanpada (Sector 4 - close to the HP petrol pump)...and me too bought a Vento (HL TDI - Terra Beige) about a month ago. Though it's just been a over a month, i have loads of scratches on my car already - Thanks to earlier rides through Saki Naka.

Some time back on TV, saw a scratch remover "Pen / Highlighter", don't know if it really works so well as they show. The scratches on my car are not deep, you know sort of "lines" on paint, but the very sight of them makes me cry. Can you recommend a good scratch-remover if there is any such thing, or should i just hand it over to the showroom guys for a touch-up.

Also, i have bought my car from Thane, but for servicing and other minor stuff, wanted to know your views on service quality by KSM motors in Nerul.

Where do you stay, may be we can meet up some time
Old 28th December 2011, 16:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnadkarni View Post
Though it's just been a over a month, i have loads of scratches on my car already - Thanks to earlier rides through Saki Naka.

Some time back on TV, saw a scratch remover "Pen / Highlighter", don't know if it really works so well as they show. The scratches on my car are not deep, you know sort of "lines" on paint, but the very sight of them makes me cry. Can you recommend a good scratch-remover if there is any such thing, or should i just hand it over to the showroom guys for a touch-up.

Also, i have bought my car from Thane, but for servicing and other minor stuff, wanted to know your views on service quality by KSM motors in Nerul.

Where do you stay, may be we can meet up some time
Congrats on your Vento!. No idea about pen/highlighter. I use Formula 1 Scratch Out, does the job of removing hairline scratches. Run your finger through the scratch, if the nail get stuck, it means the scratch cannot be removed, it would require repaint. Scratches are a part of a car, getting touch up done from VW workshop will be a costly affair. I have about 4 deep scratches and 2 more thanks to KSM Workshop which they promised to repaint for free which I haven't got it done.
You can also try Meguiars SwirlX Swirl remover, does good job of removing the scratches while it removes swirls too.

KSM Motors Service Quality is good nothing bad about it. You need to take prior appointment as they being only VW Workshop in Navi Mumbai they have lot of cars for service. People over there are very much aware of their work. Where you stay at Sector 4 Sanpada, KSM Workshop is just 10 min drive, why to go all the way to Thane. I have used their service during the monsoon free check up camp and they do deliver. My 1st service is due in Apr'12 so sometime before I go to them.
We can catch up, let me know.
Edit: Just noticed I cannot PM you!. Emailed you the details!

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 28th December 2011 at 16:12.
Old 28th December 2011, 19:19   #22
BHPian

Good buy pal. Vento TDI is one of the best diesel sedans in town with the best of engineering and amazing torque. This car is absolutely solid and should last lots of miles. Just hope that VW increase their presence across india and not restrict themselves to the Tier 1/2 cities. Please keep us posted on the overall maintenance costs and after sales experience from your VW dealer.
Old 29th December 2011, 11:41   #23
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase you will enjoy every km and to top it off...its all on diesel. I am a very satisfied owner since I have driven my "Black Knight" in all conditions and 6 months and 10k kms later I am very happy on my choice. Its a German diesel meant for the Autobahn and crusing it at 120-130 kph and it does its job it is style and for icing on the cake the average is a very satisfying 15-16 kmpl with A/c on full time.
Hope you have many many miles of memorable drives in this......!!!! Drive Safe
Old 29th December 2011, 12:06   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Congrats on your purchase you will enjoy every km and to top it off...its all on diesel. I am a very satisfied owner since I have driven my "Black Knight" in all conditions and 6 months and 10k kms later I am very happy on my choice. Its a German diesel meant for the Autobahn and crusing it at 120-130 kph and it does its job it is style and for icing on the cake the average is a very satisfying 15-16 kmpl with A/c on full time.
@ambivalent_98,
Rohan's purchase was far before either of us, around 9 months back.
Old 29th December 2011, 14:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsh View Post
Good buy pal. Vento TDI is one of the best diesel sedans in town with the best of engineering and amazing torque. This car is absolutely solid and should last lots of miles. Just hope that VW increase their presence across india and not restrict themselves to the Tier 1/2 cities. Please keep us posted on the overall maintenance costs and after sales experience from your VW dealer.
Thanks! Vento has one of the best diesel engine on this side of 10 lac keeping aside the clatter. The torque is amazing and because of no turbo lag driving in city and bumper to bumper traffic is at ease. The clutch of Vento was initially hard compared to other cars but it has certainly become soft or I have started liking hard clutch.
VW will increase its number of dealership as it wants more market share in Tier 2 cities. As it started opening its own Showroom with workshop unlike FIAT which had a JV with Tata it will certainly take some time.
The maintenance cost certainly less than Rs. 11,000 for the first service at 15000 kms/1 yr. Half the cost of servicing is the synthetic oil which comes at Rs. 978 per lt and Vento drinks about 4.5 lt approx of it. My 1st service due in Apr'12, will let you all know how it turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Thanks and congrats on your Black Knight. You are absolutely right this car is meant for Autobahn while cruising at triple digit speeds but our Indian roads don't allow much of it. My Vento easily delivers 13-14 Kmpl within city usage with AC full time. Never bothered with highway mileage but Mid shows 19-20 Kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@ambivalent_98,
Rohan's purchase was far before either of us, around 9 months back.
Mine is a Pre-refreshed Vento without HU with USB and steering mounted controls but it has sophisticated anti-theft alarm with internal surveillance which is omitted in new refreshed Vento.

My ownership thread gets listed in Hot Threads, another feather in my ownership thread.Thanks you all.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 29th December 2011 at 15:03.
Old 29th December 2011, 20:25   #26
BHPian

Congrats on the excellent buy !!

TBHP seem to be raining VWs. Which is no wonder.. For anyone who LIVES TO DRIVE the ride quality, feel & stability are far ahead of the Jap / Korean diet that we have grown up on in past years.

I understand the effort that goes in keeping the Dark Knight looking as it is. Thanks for the detailed detailing guide..
Old 29th December 2011, 20:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
This car would age very slowly as compared to its counterparts. From the front it may appear same as its smaller sibling Polo and it’s only the air dam which separates them.
Dude lovely car. Love the interiors and the headrests. They are quite classy.
I have a Polo and the other difference between a Polo and a Vento is their Fog Lamps. Polo is rectangularish whereas Vento had round/oval ones. quite silly but thought will mention anyway!

Have numerous safe miles with The Dark Knight Good Luck

Sree
Old 30th December 2011, 16:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Congrats on the excellent buy !!

TBHP seem to be raining VWs. Which is no wonder.. For anyone who LIVES TO DRIVE the ride quality, feel & stability are far ahead of the Jap / Korean diet that we have grown up on in past years.

I understand the effort that goes in keeping the Dark Knight looking as it is. Thanks for the detailed detailing guide..
Thanks and even congrats to you for your Pearl Black VW Jetta HL AT.
Yeah, its raining VW's. Germans always give you sheer driving pleasure which is not the same with Japs and Koreans. German cars age slowly and look classy compared to quirky and fluidic Koreans.
As even you too own a Pearl Black Jetta, its tough maintaining it in its pristine condition but a mirror finish black car is a looker on road and with classy German design its just icing on cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofdriving View Post
Have numerous safe miles with The Dark Knight Good Luck

Sree
Thanks!
Old 30th December 2011, 18:48   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
A definite area of improvement is the abysmal 2700 km in 9+ months, our friend Ninja would have done it in a week's time!!
I agree to the above. Not sure if that was typo by any chance but just 2700 KMs in 9months is under utilization of this black beauty powered by the TDi. I'm almost 2000 KM in my Italian GP MJD within weeks now.

Anyways, car looks nice in black and the seat covers, head rest look neat and a good review.
Old 31st December 2011, 12:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Pasted two Team-BHP stickers on my Dark Knight, Live To Drive on right hand side of rear bumper and Got BHP? on left hand side of front bumper. Waiting for someone to spot me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samigo View Post
I agree to the above. Not sure if that was typo by any chance but just 2700 KMs in 9months is under utilization of this black beauty powered by the TDi. I'm almost 2000 KM in my Italian GP MJD within weeks now.

Anyways, car looks nice in black and the seat covers, head rest look neat and a good review.
Thanks! It's not a typo, my car precisely stands at 8 months 27 days with 2690 kms on the odo to this day. It's not a daily drive car but for household works or for long trips.
From mid jan would be driving it 30 kms a day to fro from Vashi to Chembur, so will see some improvement in abysmal usage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks