Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2012, 14:06   #31
BHPian

Re: Dream Comes True -: Tata Safari LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by recker_us View Post
Congrats Roadie.. Wish you hundred thorusands of happy miles on the beast.. I just never get tired of watching pictures of Safari over and over.
Thanks for the wishes. Even though I have Safari now but I still enjoy seeing the pics of Safari.
Old 31st January 2012, 19:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Yesterday Safari went for the first servicing. Booked the car on 27th of this month. As soon as I reached the workshop, job card was opened and in 1 hour I got back the car. Was really impressed. But they spoilt the door pockets. Grease marks here and there. Will clean them today. Total amount paid was Rs 700. I have also installed front and rear guards. I will try to post the pics today.
What do you mean by "1 hour" ? Thats all, it took for them to do the servicing. Even a proper wash in & out will take little over 1 hour.
Really a "wondering" turn around time

Prem.
Old 31st January 2012, 20:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
What do you mean by "1 hour" ? Thats all, it took for them to do the servicing. Even a proper wash in & out will take little over 1 hour.
Really a "wondering" turn around time

Prem.
What I mean is that my car was ready in 1 hour only. As soon as I reached the workshop my car was taken in the workshop. I reached the workshop around 9:30 and by 10:30 approximately my car was ready.
Old 31st January 2012, 22:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
What I mean is that my car was ready in 1 hour only. As soon as I reached the workshop my car was taken in the workshop. I reached the workshop around 9:30 and by 10:30 approximately my car was ready.
If you are saying you left your car for servicing @ 9:30 and it was ready for pickup by 10:30, then, I seriously doubt if anything was done at all in that 1 hour !
Btw, what for you paid that 700/- ?
Old 31st January 2012, 22:48   #35
BHPian

Sorry got confused. Got my car at 11:30. It took them 2 hours to complete the washing and other stuff.
Old 31st January 2012, 23:31   #36
BHPian

Hey, why Rs 700? My first service cost me Rs 50.
Its time to start posting pictures of your car in action!
Old 4th February 2012, 22:52   #37
BHPian

Today I had gone for a short drive. Here are some photos. Please excuse the quality as these are clicked by my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Dream Comes True -: Tata Safari LX-img081.jpg  

Dream Comes True -: Tata Safari LX-img082.jpg  

Dream Comes True -: Tata Safari LX-img083.jpg  

Dream Comes True -: Tata Safari LX-img084.jpg  

Old 5th February 2012, 23:53   #38
BHPian

Great looking beast Roadie.
I am personally a fan of the Arctic White on the Safari.
But i would prefer to have it completely. Is it possible to get the side cladding and the bumpers also painted in Arctic White ?

I feel that the seat cover installation has been done shoddily. Or maybe it is just my opinion.
Old 10th February 2012, 10:45   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Great looking beast Roadie.
I am personally a fan of the Arctic White on the Safari.
But i would prefer to have it completely. Is it possible to get the side cladding and the bumpers also painted in Arctic White ?

I feel that the seat cover installation has been done shoddily. Or maybe it is just my opinion.

Thanks for the wishes. Yes it is possible to get the side claddings painted. I asked the sales manager and he said that it can be done at the workshop. Regarding the seat covers they seem fine to me but yes I agree it could have been done in a better way. They were installed at the dealership. I wanted that beast should be in my possession as soon as possible so did not asked them to fit the cover again.

Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 23:46   #40
BHPian

I would much prefer a new car to adorn the seats in their true covers, i.e. without any aftermarket covers. In doing so, I do take use the logic that if the pristine original seat material is not for me and my family to sit on and enjoy, then whom am I saving it for?Same question for some who prefer not to take off the cello plastic covers even years after.
Old 11th February 2012, 07:28   #41
BHPian

I respect your logic and agree to it. But in general seat covers are put to protect the actual seat material from stains and dirt etc. If the seats are stained then it hurts me more than seat covers getting stained. Also the default seat material may not be of everyone's taste so covers of our choice can improve the interior looks to an extent.
Old 12th February 2012, 18:17   #42
BANNED

Quote:
I respect your logic and agree to it. But in general seat covers are put to protect the actual seat material from stains and dirt etc. If the seats are stained then it hurts me more than seat covers getting stained. Also the default seat material may not be of everyone's taste so covers of our choice can improve the interior looks to an extent.
+1 to that. Also, the material that is used for the factory fitted covers is sturdy and long lasting and is not available in the open market, which means that if one does not use seat covers, cleaning hassles apart, when they wear out, one needs to put sub standard material available in the market which will keep wearing out sooner.

I always recommend and put fabric seat covers even if the car comes equipped with leather covers.
Old 12th February 2012, 21:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry got confused. Got my car at 11:30. It took them 2 hours to complete the washing and other stuff.
IMHO, to do proper work it takes more time than 2 hours. There are many check listed in manual for first servicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
Hey, why Rs 700? My first service cost me Rs 50.
Even, I completed third service my expenses till now is Rs. 0. Courtesy silver AMC and I highly recommend it for all new Safari buyers. In 3250.00 Rupees you are getting two times oil change + all consumables covered.

I do not recommend Gold or Platinum AMC as this as it becomes an insurance than AMC. It covers Clutch Plate failure withing 30,000 Kms. More than 95% case clutch plate do not fail so early.
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 02:43   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Kotwal View Post
I would much prefer a new car to adorn the seats in their true covers, i.e. without any aftermarket covers. In doing so, I do take use the logic that if the pristine original seat material is not for me and my family to sit on and enjoy, then whom am I saving it for?Same question for some who prefer not to take off the cello plastic covers even years after.
Same here. Use the original seats and when they get old and dirty, we can get them cleaned and then buy new covers. This way you get to use the new original equipment seat and once it is old, you can use an aftermarket seat cover which make the seat all new once again.

I also believe that a car manufacturer knows what they are doing and may have a little bit more sense than a roadside supplier of seat covers
Old 13th February 2012, 09:11   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Kotwal View Post
I do take use the logic that if the pristine original seat material is not for me and my family to sit on and enjoy, then whom am I saving it for?
Well, with that logic, one shouldn't be using bed-sheets/ bed-spreads over a new mattress !

Retaining the plastic covers is almost stupid. But adding covers is not about protecting the original fabric as much as it is to have a seat-cover that's more to your tastes than that of the manufacturer. Also, cleaning is so much more easier with leather/art-leather, and even with fabric seat-covers that can often be taken out and washed. Even if a wash is not possible, it helps retain most of the dirt in the cover and not let it seep into the foam area, where cleaning is going to be harder.

Then again, the OE fabrics do have some nice designs.

Last edited by condor : 13th February 2012 at 09:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks