Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2012, 08:23   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Less is More - VW Jetta Highline MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I still wait for that phone call. Maybe I should have stumped up and bought a merc or a BMW corp edition!
And am still waiting, when I follow up , the answrs are

1: I will call you

2: Phone will not get picked up

3: Phone is swtiched off
Old 14th September 2012, 08:27   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And am still waiting,
Bite the bullet. Have patience. Get those done whenever they get the parts. Drive carefully. Remember, we haven't taken proper pics of her yet.
Old 14th September 2012, 11:25   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And am still waiting
Its more than 2 weeks at the service centre – quite disturbing indeed. Even more of an inconvenience if this is the only car in the household. Did they offer you a loan-car for this period (or do they have such a scheme)?
Old 17th September 2012, 17:37   #79
Team-BHP Support

Dude - where's my car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Bite the bullet. Have patience. Get those done whenever they get the parts. Drive carefully. Remember, we haven't taken proper pics of her yet.
Bitten the bullet, digested it, shot my guts out

After numerous "I'll caaaall you saaarr" replies, I found the phones switched off and so on saturday, took a 335 volvo to Brigade Road to see what is happening.

Walk in

"Can I meet Mr Ram Das?"

"Saary, he has moved to new facility"

"Is it open ?"

"Don't know"

"Who can tell me about my car?"

"Please call him"

"He is not picking up"

They put me onto someone else who co-ordinates with the insurance and bodyshop

" I don't know, please call Ram Das"

" He is not answering phone"

I then look for my car, it is gone

"Where's my car?"

"Moved to new facility" (thank you for not telling me!)

"But it has not started"

"Soon"

He get Ram Das on the phone who tells me he was not in office hence phone switched off. I really dont know what is happening. I am told to contact Mr Casi, the service advisor who originally checked car in but he is not in office today.

Cut to today

Spoke to Casi, he told me that the parts are still on order. Thinks it will come by this weekend. New facility will start functioning later this week. At least things may not happen in haste

An hour later, Bajaj Alliance call, where is your car, why is it not repaired?

Repeat my story - they got in touch with the surveyor and assured me repairs have been authorised by the surveyor.

The long wait continues.......
Old 17th September 2012, 17:56   #80
BHPian

Re: Dude - where's my car?

Quote:

After numerous "I'll caaaall you saaarr" replies, I found the phones switched off and so on saturday, took a 335 volvo to Brigade Road to see what is happening.

Man, this gives me the jitters. VW really needs to work on post-sales experience. When they charge such a huge premium on their cars, they need to ensure that the customers also get premium service. Hope you get your car back asap. Where is this "new" facility? Hosur road?
Old 17th September 2012, 18:07   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Man, this gives me the jitters. VW really needs to work on post-sales experience. When they charge such a huge premium on their cars, they need to ensure that the customers also get premium service. Hope you get your car back asap. Where is this "new" facility? Hosur road?
Agreed, there are financial considerations in terms of what parts to keep as inventory but they should at least give an indication about how long this will take.

The new facility is on Hosur Road next to Kropex
Old 17th September 2012, 18:17   #82
BHPian

Sad to see the state of affairs at VW dealers. I have heard of unsatisfactory service levels at VW dealerships in Hyderabad as well.

Ajmat, Were you in Goa during the week of Aug 15? I think I spotted your Jetta at Emerald Palms (CM), Goa.

Cheers,
Ardy
Old 17th September 2012, 20:25   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Sad to see the state of affairs at VW dealers. I have heard of unsatisfactory service levels at VW dealerships in Hyderabad as well.

Ajmat, Were you in Goa during the week of Aug 15? I think I spotted your Jetta at Emerald Palms (CM), Goa.

Cheers,
Ardy
That was me, along with an X5 and Q5!

Was yours the red AP9 diesel octy dressed like a vRS?
Old 17th September 2012, 20:37   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat

That was me, along with an X5 and Q5!

Was yours the red AP9 diesel octy dressed like a vRS?
Yup, that would be me. By the way it was AP28, and not AP9 :-)

Wish we could have had a chance to catch up there.

Cheers,
Ardy
Old 18th September 2012, 11:18   #85
BHPian

Quote:

After numerous "I'll caaaall you saaarr" replies, I found the phones switched off and so on saturday, took a 335 volvo to Brigade Road to see what is happening...

.. Repeat my story - they got in touch with the surveyor and assured me repairs have been authorised by the surveyor.

This is a really SAD state of affairs & service from VW. I guess they really need to have a qualification criteria & maybe a re-certification for all their dealers / service centers. In most cases looks like the dealers who are least bit interested in giving a prompt & hassle free service to their customers.

For now I continue to be very satisfied by B.U. Bhandari & thank my stars that I moved my booking to them from Vidyut Motors. Considering the booking experience & listening to these stories I shudder to think what might be in store for people who have gone ahead with Vidyut Motors.

Hope you get your car soon Ajmat.

On a related point - IIRC they had mentioned that they do not want the car to be driven after the survey. Did they tell you if they drove your vehicle to the new facility or was it sent on a flat bed?
Old 25th September 2012, 16:39   #86
Team-BHP Support

Been ringing the body shop manager. Has not been picking up phone. On Sat, I rang the customer relations manager.

" I will call tomorrow"

"but it is Sunday"

Guess it was a false promise.

Monday, I call and am told that all parts are there and work is happening. Today, I go there to find nothing has happened. Correction! Something has happened, they damaged the rear bumper.

They claim it can be painted, fine but my trust level is reduced big time. Only the new alloy wheel needs to come, they refuse to repair until it comes! More porkies!
Attached Images

Last edited by ajmat : 25th September 2012 at 17:27.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 17:26   #87
Team-BHP Support

Just reached home to find two parking tickets for illegally parking outside the showroom as they had not space to park and would not let me park inside. And left it on the road after i handed it over.

Life is sweet!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 17:36   #88
Team-BHP Support

^^Unbelievable customer service indeed. Anyone reading this thread will think twice before going the VW way. They do have an excellent product in Jetta, but marred with this kind of service centre experience. Its more like a case of Garland in Monkey's hands.

Edit: Do you have an option to move the car into an alternate ASC, or this is the only one in Bangalore?

Last edited by vb-saan : 25th September 2012 at 17:44.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 17:37   #89
Team-BHP Support

Has VW got nothing to say about this?
Old 25th September 2012, 17:40   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Been ringing the body shop manager. Has not been picking up phone. On Sat, I rang the customer relations manager.

" I will call tomorrow"

"but it is Sunday"

Guess it was a false promise.

Monday, I call and am told that all parts are there and work is happening. Today, I go there to find nothing has happened. Correction! Something has happened, they damaged the rear bumper.

They claim it can be painted, fine but my trust level is reduced big time. Only the new alloy wheel needs to come, they refuse to repair until it comes! More porkies!
Ajit, you shouldnt have gone to the VW Downtown, they are a bunch of clowns. I have had enough horror incidents with them for my Vento.

This is the only reason why I gave my car to VW Palace Cross, even when they were located in Hasserghatta. BTW I stay in HSR layout, so every weekend I used to take the NICE road and reach the workshop, it takes 45 min

Last edited by evilshantanu : 25th September 2012 at 17:52.
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed