Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2012, 18:44   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu

Ajit, you shouldnt have gone to the VW Downtown, they are a bunch of clowns. I have had enough horror incidents with them for my Vento.

This is the only reason why I gave my car to VW Palace Cross, even when they were located in Hasserghatta. BTW I stay in HSR layout, so every weekend I used to take the NICE road and reach the workshop, it takes 45 min
I should have called and consulted with you. The crowd coming From Hessarghate make me decide to plump for VW DT. Also, since the owners run Dakshin Honda, I thought some best practices would be shared.

Saying that,the new facility is pretty impressive, I had a good look inside.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 20:36   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Less is More - VW Jetta Highline MT

@Ajmat,

Did you talk to the branch manager or write a mail to VW on the delay, the damage during service and request their push to close your work early.

Some of these dealership should be black marked and closed for good.

Now i should say that Sundaram Chennai is way better than what i am hearing last few days.

Even ABRA motors are doing a far better job with servicing and body works. At least they are ensuring they want to get the car out of their garage as soon as possible.
Old 25th September 2012, 22:51   #93
Senior - BHPian

@Ajmat: I can empathise with you. Only thing is I expected better from VW.

I have a Palio Stile Multijet and my story is like this:

6th sept: hit divider: damaged front bumper, radiator, fog lamp bezel and bent LF wheel.
7th sept: gave car to Him Motors (a Concorde garage) and placed orders for all parts.
17th sept: Fiat dispatches radiator from Pune, everything else was available.
22nd Sept: Radiator arrives in Delhi.
25 Sept: Car is ready but have to wait another day for cashless insurance settlement.

The point is I was not happy with Fiat for doing this to the owner of a car discontinued in 2010. But a cash-rich company like VW that's selling like hot cakes should have treated you better, I feel.
Old 27th September 2012, 18:32   #94
Team-BHP Support

Update, I understand that the wheel should have arrived today.

I got a call from the service manager Ranjit yesterday stating that the car will repaired on Friday and Saturday. I should get delivery by Monday, if not Wednesday 3rd. I was supposed to get an email stating this and i was to reply with a picture of the damaged bumper (He was taken aback when I told him about it). Like all statements from VW Downtown, I received zilch!

As of noon, nothing has happened, I got a good view of my car from BETL while riding in a Xylo. At least, it got a good wash last night.
Old 1st October 2012, 15:55   #95
Team-BHP Support

Now been told that the wheel will only arrive on Friday 5th and the car will be delivered soon after. The other repairs will be happening before that

I will be watching!
Old 1st October 2012, 17:25   #96
Senior - BHPian

@Ajmat,

This is wrong at all levels. Sorry for you to go through this hassle. All i can say is hope it all ends well.

I also believe you should involve someone from VW through social media or something to push the dealer a bit.

I cannot understand the wheel not being in stock. I checked with my mechanic here and he says wheels are like default stocks. Parts like internal engine components and transmission components which do not fail in mass are those that needs to be procured.

Feel there is something fishy with the dealer.
Old 1st October 2012, 19:57   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010
@Ajmat,

This is wrong at all levels. Sorry for you to go through this hassle. All i can say is hope it all ends well.

I also believe you should involve someone from VW through social media or something to push the dealer a bit.

I cannot understand the wheel not being in stock. I checked with my mechanic here and he says wheels are like default stocks.
Feel there is something fishy with the dealer.
Let me say that VW have intervened through their regional service manager who has helped expedite the parts but he could not commit when the car would be delivered. I think my wheel is being pulled of a production Jetta and being sent over. My Skoda RS has a rare engine, it needed a few rare bits but those came in 10 days.
Old 1st October 2012, 20:20   #98
Team-BHP Support

I don't understand why you can't take delivery of the car and just wait for the alloy to arrive. They can give you a spare steel wheel in the meanwhile.

Insurance should not be a problem for an alloy wheel alone.
Old 1st October 2012, 20:54   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Now been told that the wheel will only arrive on Friday 5th and the car will be delivered soon after. The other repairs will be happening before that

I will be watching!
This is insane amount of waiting for a not-so-severe damage. If this was the only car in the household, i shudder to think the amount of inconvenience one has to go through!!

Have they committed anything about the parking tickets your car picked up when in their custody?
Old 5th October 2012, 17:55   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Update, I understand that the wheel should have arrived today.

I got a call from the service manager Ranjit yesterday stating that the car will repaired on Friday and Saturday. I should get delivery by Monday, if not Wednesday 3rd. I was supposed to get an email stating this and i was to reply with a picture of the damaged bumper (He was taken aback when I told him about it). Like all statements from VW Downtown, I received zilch!
Yesterday, I walked in on VW Hosur Road to find nothing has happened. They say the wheel will come and everything will be completed by Monday. Considering the Bandh, I doubted it.

Tried calling for an update but no one would pick their respective mobiles. Went to Garuda Mall for some work so walked in on the service manager. Good news, the wheel has come, bad news it is the wrong one. (I think they sent the Laura RS wheel). Looks like an issue with VW who are trying to resolve.

Meanwhile, all other parts have arrived. I wish they would shift it and get started on the rest of the repairs.

Good news - they will refund my parking tickets!

Last edited by ajmat : 6th October 2012 at 14:46.
Old 10th October 2012, 22:12   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday, I walked in on VW Hosur Road to find nothing has happened. They say the wheel will come and everything will be completed by Monday. Considering the Bandh, I doubted it.
Ajmat, any updates on the repair? Hope you have your car with you. I am yet to receive my original insurance papers. I just have the cover page copy and umpteen calls to the dealer have gone to deaf ears. I am planning to go the dealer this weekend.
Old 10th October 2012, 22:24   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Ajmat, any updates on the repair? Hope you have your car with you. I am yet to receive my original insurance papers. I just have the cover page copy and umpteen calls to the dealer have gone to deaf ears. I am planning to go the dealer this weekend.
Followed up on Tues. Someone else answered the service advisors phone. Said the SA would call in 5 min. rang after 10 min and got same answer. Rang the service manager and the same person who answered the phone said car is undergoing tinkeing etc nad I should have the car by the end of the week.

I heard that before!
Old 11th October 2012, 14:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

This is horrendous customer service! (If it can be termed as "Service" any more!).
A simple task of replacing a damaged alloy wheel takes so long? That, accompanied with the usual red tapism is making people run, as far away as possible from VW and its sub companies.
When will they learn this?

I fail to understand, how you manage to keep your cool in such a circumstance!
If it was me, I would've made their life miserable by now.

EDIT: Isnt it an owners right to know if the car is being moved to a different premises, than the one he delivered his car to?

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 11th October 2012 at 14:05. Reason: Added text
Old 11th October 2012, 16:28   #104
Senior - BHPian

@swanand Inamdar,

Got to agree with you. Very few are lucky to make a connect with a engineer inside the workshop. Those few at-least can get some status through the engineer.

I am lucky to find one such mechanic where we have a great connect. I mostly check his availability and book the car and i have even helped him get a vag-com sourcing from US. This helped us create a very close connect and that helps during service and claims.

Ajmat - You have maintained a great deal of composure and continue to do till you get your car and forget going back to this insane garage.

Wheels are the last thing a service center would be delaying release of vehicle.
Old 11th October 2012, 17:23   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I am yet to receive my original insurance papers. I just have the cover page copy and umpteen calls to the dealer have gone to deaf ears. I am planning to go the dealer this weekend.
Just call the insurer customer support and give them your cover note number - they will send you your insurance copy over email and post.
ipsanand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks