Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2016, 01:11   #2206
BHPian

Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Guys one quick question , do I need to take the drive assure if I have Skoda shield and zero dep insurance ? I am told I can take drive assure in future as well. I am worried about Mumbai rains and I think drive assure provide engine protection against oil leak and water . Not sure if this is covered in insurance. Thanks for your help.
Old 29th May 2016, 01:24   #2207
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
If you are in Bangalore, you can check with Tafe access, hosur road as the SA told me couple of weeks back that they are offering 3 lacs discount.
3 lacs is too good to be true, Make sure it isn't a test drive or display car, Which might just turn out to be a lemon, Maybe.
Old 29th May 2016, 10:25   #2208
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir3127 View Post
3 Lakhs on My16 car ? I doubt if it's true even for a my15 car . If true , it's a steal
Sorry my bad. Just reconfirmed with SA, it is only for Yeti.
Old 29th May 2016, 17:34   #2209
BHPian

Quote:
If you are in Bangalore, you can check with Tafe access, hosur road as the SA told me couple of weeks back that they are offering 3 lacs discount.
Yeah, I am based in Bangalore but I've been contemplating to buy the Octavia from January.
Are you sure? On the Style Plus Variant as well?
Old 29th May 2016, 18:37   #2210
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Yeah, I am based in Bangalore but I've been contemplating to buy the Octavia from January.
Are you sure? On the Style Plus Variant as well?
Hey. I just confirmed in my previous post that it is only for Yeti.
Old 29th May 2016, 19:01   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry my bad. Just reconfirmed with SA, it is only for Yeti.
Not 3L but I spoke to SA at Tafe and he is giving a Discount of 1L + on VIN 15 , TDI style Plus Vehicles. I also have a friend of mine who just picked up a 1.8TSI Style Plus for a discount of 80k+ Accessories on VIN 16 vehicle.
So a little bit of bargaining would bring the price down
Old 30th May 2016, 09:07   #2212
BHPian

Quote:
Guys one quick question , do I need to take the drive assure if I have Skoda shield and zero dep insurance ? I am told I can take drive assure in future as well. I am worried about Mumbai rains and I think drive assure provide engine protection against oil leak and water . Not sure if this is covered in insurance. Thanks for your help.
Friends any advice on this ?
Old 30th May 2016, 13:31   #2213
BHPian

Quote:
Friends any advice on this ?
Hi Sudhir, I think I would take the drive assure or anything that Skoda is providing on their own because the only thing preventing me from finally making a booking is the lack of confidence I have in the vehicle. What's the cost involved?
Old 30th May 2016, 14:01   #2214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
Hi Sudhir, I think I would take the drive assure or anything that Skoda is providing on their own because the only thing preventing me from finally making a booking is the lack of confidence I have in the vehicle. What's the cost involved?

19k .. But I don't understand what does it mean or how is it different from zero dep insurance . Thx
Old 30th May 2016, 14:07   #2215
BANNED

Diesel car registration ban looming over Kerala and with no solution at the end of two month stay i was considering the purchase of Octavia TDI DSG as a possible alternative for the Innova Crysta I booked if I am forced to cancel.

I currently have a 2007 Octavia 1.8 vRS which I am painstakingly maintaining it in reasonably good condition. As anyone who owns an old Octavia knows the car is a pain to maintain unlike a Toyota mainly due to dealer attitude. I take the car to authorised dealer workshop for all the important mechanical job and even for routine services, except a few times when i got some minor work done outside.

With some recent positive reviews about Skoda and when things were starting to look good for Skoda and its customers I am rudely shocked back into reality. Just less than two weeks ago I had the car completely repainted in original colour at an independent body shop and after a long long time the car was looking beautiful and without any dents or dings! But the happiness and pride was short lived, unfortunately. The previous Saturday (28th) I had given my car at Skoda to sort out a creaking front suspension and also got the engine oil and filter changed (to their credit the suspension is now smooth). I took delivery same day but late in the evening post 6PM and drove straight home and parked it in the garage. But next day, Sunday 29th, morning I discovered a fresh new dent on the top of the RHS fender a gift.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-dent.jpg

So I am now reconsidering my decision to even consider the Skoda as a possible alternative to the Crysta. Jetta is now old on an older platform so not considering that.

Last edited by Sankar : 30th May 2016 at 14:09.
Old 31st May 2016, 17:22   #2216
BHPian

Does the octavia have an automatic rev match mapped into the ECU? I mean do i need to blip the throttle to rev match in tiptronic while downshifting or the ECU will take care of that ? Say i am cruising at 120 on the 6th and need to downshift to overtake in tiptronic , I obviously have to rev match by blipping the throttle unless downshift to say 5 ( hopefully same rev band) but say i downshift to 3/4 i will have to blip the throttle right or the ECU will take care of revs?

Thanks

Last edited by sudhir3127 : 31st May 2016 at 17:35.
Old 31st May 2016, 17:30   #2217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the octavia have an automatic rev match mapped into the ECU?

Thanks

Autoblip is programmed in the system during manual downshift based on the rpm band you're in. Sudhir, I would request you to first use the search option on the forum before posting queries as all of this has been already discussed in detail very recently. Thanks.
Old 31st May 2016, 18:33   #2218
BHPian

Apologies Adi .. Tried searching it but I guess need to be more diligent . Nonetheless , Thanks a lot for your answer.
Old 31st May 2016, 20:13   #2219
Senior - BHPian

Check it out here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150782
Old 1st June 2016, 02:04   #2220
BHPian

This is really surprising

Of so many of us here - none has brought the style plus diesel variant home?!?!?

Looks like I will have to take the leap of faith!!

Most Viewed