Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2017, 09:01   #2956
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Covered under warranty?

I have this cover. It's very premium looking and provides excellent protection: https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00SRI...axL&ref=plSrch
Old 28th November 2017, 07:06   #2957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
I've faced a similar issue with mine. Even after multiple battery changes, one of the keys refuses to start the car.

All the buttons work, but the immobiliser won't let the car start for some reason.

I'm told I'll need a brand new key to fix this issue.
In mine, the red light on the key fob also does not glow. Same issue as yours?

Are the keys covered under warranty? I had purchased the car in Sept 2016, and had opted for the Skoda Shield package available then.
Old 1st December 2017, 08:24   #2958
Distinguished - BHPian

My Octavia 1.8's 2nd year / 30k km service is coming up next month and I was checking the Skoda Service cost calculator on the app. Currently I am at 26k km so good timing!

Surprised to see that it came to ~20k primarily because of replacement of spark plugs for 8.5k. Is it really needed to change so early and at such a prohibitive cost? Will other owners advise?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-screenshot_20171201082012.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 1st December 2017 at 08:26. Reason: Typo
Old 1st December 2017, 09:37   #2959
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Spark plugs are scheduled to be changed every 30K kms. However, the prices quoted here are wrong. A set of four plugs will cost you about INR 6K.

Make sure you get the brake oil replaced for sure, and engine oil must be at least 5.2 litres or above.

Editing the post as I found more reliable information, I checked some reference manuals and found that our market is termed as 'B' with dust rich environment. In the said manual, it's mentioned to get the plugs changed at 30k kms.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 1st December 2017 at 09:58.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 10:01   #2960
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, Adi. I am hoping for a service campaign with discounts on labour and parts. They had one last year around this time.

Any rumours on such a campaign coming up? The service guys categorically deny any prior knowledge.

Last edited by itwasntme : 1st December 2017 at 10:05.
Old 5th December 2017, 14:20   #2961
BHPian

Hi All,

My Octavia is 2 years and 10 months old. It will complete 3 years in February. I have been happy with my choice and enjoying owning this car.

Of late I am observing that ride in my car has become very harsh at slow speeds. I am feeling each and every irregularity in the road. At high speeds I haven't noticed any change in its behavior. My car has done only 22k Kms and I don't think that there is anything wrong with the suspension setup. What can be the reasons for such harsh ride. Can tyres be the culprits here?
Old 5th December 2017, 18:05   #2962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
What can be the reasons for such harsh ride. Can tyres be the culprits here?
Ironically, my Octavia is 1 year 11 months but at 27k, and I have exactly the same feeling. I am on the original tyres which visibly seem to have at least 15k left. One experienced tyre shop manager inspected them and said that these NCTs do tend to become very noisy starting half-way through their life.

Any ideas from anyone?

Last edited by itwasntme : 5th December 2017 at 18:23. Reason: Typo
Old 5th December 2017, 18:23   #2963
BHPian

Well I got my tyres changed to Michelin's at 22k and I'm on Michelin's still at 63k and they're still giving a better ride than the original stock tyres when new ... It's the stock tyres which are bad change them and the ride will be sorted.... Also I maintain a standard pressure of 32 which I feel is the best pressure for optimal ride quality
Old 7th December 2017, 16:48   #2964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Ironically, my Octavia is 1 year 11 months but at 27k, and I have exactly the same feeling. I am on the original tyres which visibly seem to have at least 15k left. One experienced tyre shop manager inspected them and said that these NCTs do tend to become very noisy starting half-way through their life.

Any ideas from anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Well I got my tyres changed to Michelin's at 22k and I'm on Michelin's still at 63k and they're still giving a better ride than the original stock tyres when new ... It's the stock tyres which are bad change them and the ride will be sorted.... Also I maintain a standard pressure of 32 which I feel is the best pressure for optimal ride quality
Thanks guys for replying. Seems to be a problem of tyres. Tyres on my car looks good and seems to be half way its life. May be I will get them changed after next service which is due in February.

Michelin seems to favourite of all in this forum. What are other options?
Old 7th December 2017, 16:56   #2965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Thanks guys for replying. Seems to be a problem of tyres. Tyres on my car looks good and seems to be half way its life. May be I will get them changed after next service which is due in February.

Michelin seems to favourite of all in this forum. What are other options?
Continental MC5.

Review of those on my Laura: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4284507
Old 8th December 2017, 14:08   #2966
BHPian

Quote:
Any ideas from anyone?
I am also facing the same issue. Car has completed 2 years and done 17K kms. I dont think its a stock tyre issue. Mine is running on Yoko Decibel 225 50 R16.

BTW the plastic lock of the small box below steering has broken and I got the entire box replaced. No warranty given (rough usage by user it seems ) . It costed 1400 for part and 300 for labour.
Old 29th December 2017, 19:29   #2967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Octavia 1.8's 2nd year / 30k km service is coming up next month and I was checking the Skoda Service cost calculator on the app. Currently I am at 26k km so good timing!

Surprised to see that it came to ~20k primarily because of replacement of spark plugs for 8.5k. Is it really needed to change so early and at such a prohibitive cost? Will other owners advise?
Gave my car to one of the BLR dealers today with the following complaints:
Beading squeaks over broken roads
Sunroof rattle
ORVM movement accompanied by octogenarian groans and moans
Android Auto just not working ever since Marshmallow upgrade.

At first, they did not believe AA was not working. After combined efforts of 4 advisers and 4 different Androids, they agreed. Seems it is a rare issue and probably Skoda warranty will come into play to replace the glovebox Media unit.

A massive irritation was that even though all Octavia TSIs need spark plug replacement at 2 years / 30k km, they had NONE in stock and a replenishment time of 4 working days! This was after I saw at least 5 other Octavias being serviced and knowing mine was coming in for 30k km

I don't doubt the enthusiasm of the service advisor, but instead blame the bureaucratic penny-pinching mindset of their lean stocking techniques.

Net net, I will need to visit them again to replace the media unit and the spark plugs.

Last edited by itwasntme : 29th December 2017 at 19:30. Reason: Grammar
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 21:48   #2968
BHPian

Quote:
Gave my car to one of the BLR dealers today with the following complaints:
Beading squeaks over broken roads
Sunroof rattle
ORVM movement accompanied by octogenarian groans and moans
Android Auto just not working ever since Marshmallow upgrade.

At first, they did not believe AA was not working. After combined efforts of 4 advisers and 4 different Androids, they agreed. Seems it is a rare issue and probably Skoda warranty will come into play to replace the glovebox Media unit.

Are you using a one plus phone by any chance? I couldn't connect to AA as well and realised on searching that all one plus phones have this bug.
Old 30th December 2017, 07:06   #2969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
Are you using a one plus phone by any chance? I couldn't connect to AA as well and realised on searching that all one plus phones have this bug.
Currently, yes but I'm aware of the OP bug w.r.t. AA.

However it still doesn't / didn't work (using multiple USB cables) with SG Note 4, SG OnPro 5, SG Note 10.1, Mi 5 plus another bunch of Androids tested at the service center. Apple CarPlay works seamlessly each time.

Last edited by itwasntme : 30th December 2017 at 07:07. Reason: Grammar
Old 1st January 2018, 12:54   #2970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Hi guys,
So the right side jog dial on the steering wheel of my 2014 Octavia has cracked and is stuck in its place, rendering its function useless. Now it has become really difficult to work with this broken part as this is quite essential in scrolling through different menus.
On searching through the forum, I came across many such cases being reported by the fellow owners. Can you please help me with the solution for the same?
I tried contacting the nearest dealership which is 2hrs away from my place and they are saying it is very difficult to cover this under extended warranty. The rough estimate he has quoted me for the same is ~22k which I believe is a lot for a mere plastic part.
Is there any other alternative?
My right side scroller on multi function steering wheel has also broken. I have been quoted around 18K for the same. I believe this is just ridiculous. I am trying to get it covered under extended warranty as my original warranty of 2 years has expired. Let us see how it goes.

I have searched online and this part - both right and left side switches are available for around 10k including shipping.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks