Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2017, 12:05   #2836
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Received this message from Tafe Access Workshop :
"As per the order from director pollution controll board/supreme court our workshop will be remain closed until further notice. From Tafe Access Ltd".
This was followed up be a call as well.
Any idea what is happening?(obviously the supreme court has not directly asked Tafe Access to close it's workshop) Have other workshops in the area and elsewhere also been asked to shut down?
Old 29th May 2017, 16:12   #2837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsr View Post
"As per the order from director pollution controll board/supreme court our workshop will be remain closed until further notice. From Tafe Access Ltd".
Any idea what is happening?(obviously the supreme court has not directly asked Tafe Access to close it's workshop) Have other workshops in the area and elsewhere also been asked to shut down?
It is not just Tafe that is closed, as per the news 418 units including workshops, industries, dry cleaning services etc are temporarily shut.
I saw a board in front of Hyundai workshop in Bellandur (next to passport office, ORR) that it has been temporarily shut.
Old 29th May 2017, 16:53   #2838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
It is not just Tafe that is closed, as per the news 418 units including workshops, industries, dry cleaning services etc are temporarily shut.
I saw a board in front of Hyundai workshop in Bellandur (next to passport office, ORR) that it has been temporarily shut.
Quote:
I heard the industries around lakes were ordered to close temporarily supposedly to check the effluent discharge into the lake.

Last edited by manson : 31st May 2017 at 18:54. Reason: Fixed gap between the two quotes.
Old 29th May 2017, 22:26   #2839
Senior - BHPian

It's not something related to Skoda. All 'shops' of such nature must upload their power consumption, oil and other such lubricant waste disposal, water consumption, etc on the Pollution control board's website. This is just the board cracking down to make them all upload in a hurry and pay up as they do so with retrospective effect. They'll be up n running in one week.
Old 31st May 2017, 18:29   #2840
sud
BHPian

As the luck would have it, I tried starting my car in the morning and it wouldn't budge. The MID screen flashes and some firing like sound comes. Looks like battery is conked off. . It is about 18 months old. Tafe access in Hosur road is closed, Vinayaka Skoda in KR Puram is not taking any vehicles as the road work is going on and their Oklipuram branch says they can take the vehicle only on Monday and it will take about 3 days for them to process as it is under warranty. I need to go out on Friday for a marriage and the buses are already full. I am thinking to get it jump started myself and go for the trip and leave it for service when I am back. Any thoughts?
Old 31st May 2017, 18:48   #2841
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
I am thinking to get it jump started myself and go for the trip and leave it for service when I am back. Any thoughts?
Yes, please do it. Also, if possible, please order and keep a jump starter with cables in the car during your trip.

That said, why is TAFE Access on Hosur Road closed? A lot of them have only stopped washing cars due to the lack of STPs, a complete workshop closure is not at all acceptable. Even if they are closed, what are customers like you supposed to do?

Last edited by n.devdath : 31st May 2017 at 18:49.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 18:59   #2842
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Yes, please do it. Also, if possible, please order and keep a jump starter with cables in the car during your trip.

That said, why is TAFE Access on Hosur Road closed? A lot of them have only stopped washing cars due to the lack of STPs, a complete workshop closure is not at all acceptable. Even if they are closed, what are customers like you supposed to do?
Yes I am going to buy a new one and keep it.

My service advisor from Tafe told me that it is completely shutdown and they cannot take vehicles. This will be a big issue for customers and especially given that their other service centre is also not taking the cars.
Old 31st May 2017, 21:45   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As the luck would have it, I tried starting my car in the morning and it wouldn't budge. The MID screen flashes and some firing like sound comes. Looks like battery is conked off. . It is about 18 months old. Tafe access in Hosur road is closed, Vinayaka Skoda in KR Puram is not taking any vehicles as the road work is going on and their Oklipuram branch says they can take the vehicle only on Monday and it will take about 3 days for them to process as it is under warranty. I need to go out on Friday for a marriage and the buses are already full. I am thinking to get it jump started myself and go for the trip and leave it for service when I am back. Any thoughts?
Well - if the battery is gone - how will jump start cables help especially if you stop in the middle of nowhere ? I would rather recommend that either rent a self-drive car or see if you can get a loaner battery.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 23:36   #2844
Senior - BHPian

The best option is to replace the battery yourself and save yourself and your car the trouble of going through a three day approval process for battery replacement. Its good to keep a portable battery with jump start cables, just in case.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 07:46   #2845
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Well - if the battery is gone - how will jump start cables help especially if you stop in the middle of nowhere ? I would rather recommend that either rent a self-drive car or see if you can get a loaner battery.
Yes that was risk. I was thinking to drive without stopping but yes it is a risk I was considering to take. I am taking to SA to figure out any option to get a temporary battery.
Old 1st June 2017, 07:47   #2846
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
The best option is to replace the battery yourself and save yourself and your car the trouble of going through a three day approval process for battery replacement. Its good to keep a portable battery with jump start cables, just in case.
I am okay to replace the battery but my only consideration was warranty. I have already written to Skoda india confirming about the warranty if I get the battery replaced outside given that their service centres are not in a position to assist.
Old 1st June 2017, 20:58   #2847
BHPian

When the battery in my car required replacement a few months ago, the Tafe Access Hosur Road workshop gave me the number of someone in Exide. They came the next day and replaced the battery on-site and provided some rebate in lieu of the old one. I transferred funds to them online. It worked out smoothly.

Last edited by docsr : 1st June 2017 at 20:59. Reason: typo
docsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 21:11   #2848
sud
BHPian

Quote:
So had a very good experience with Skoda today. Wrote an email to them explaining the problem and to make sure that they won't void my warranty in worst case if I get the battery replaced outside. They connected me to Mr. Venkatapathy from Tafe. This gentleman was very willing to help and gave me the confidence that he will sort it out. He put me back on road within 3 hours of attending the issue. I was really impressed with the way he handled the case.

Battery was replaced in warranty. Once the battery was replaced got few warning lights on power steering, ESC, .. but it got reset after turning the steering wheel.

Quote:
When the battery in my car required replacement a few months ago, the Tafe Access Hosur Road workshop gave me the number of someone in Exide. They came the next day and replaced the battery on-site and provided some rebate in lieu of the old one. I transferred funds to them online. It worked out smoothly.
I think, since in my case since the warranty was on, they had to first take report before approving on warranty replacement.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st June 2017 at 22:25. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts together. Thanks!
sud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 13:20   #2849
BHPian

Finally! Picked up a Silver Pre Facelift TDI Style Plus. The deal was too good to let go. Here are some of the pictures of the car. Hoping to work on the ownership thread soon. This thread gave me a nice overview and also would like to thank TBHP members who helped me , especially Vidyut , who patiently listened to my requirements and helped me finalize on the car.

P.S: Excuse me for the bad quality pictures due to the size restrictions :/
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20170601_114638.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20170601_202518.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20170520_173252.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20170606_163410.jpg  

Last edited by nishithrao95 : 7th June 2017 at 13:22.
nishithrao95 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 19:39   #2850

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramk View Post
Were you able to solve this issue?

I was driving last week with Android Auto on and suddenly it stopped and I started getting a "Communication Error 8" screen on my phone (Moto G4 Play). Things were working perfectly fine for about 6 months till this problem came up. Interestingly there's no issue with Apple CarPlay whatsoever.

I tried resetting the HU as well as my phone but it was of no use. Trying with different Andoid phones did not help either.

Finally headed to the Skoda Service Center and they also tried with a few phones and got the error each time. I've now left my car at the service center and they said they'll do something called DIS and figure out the problem to fix it.
Any updates on the AA issue, cause I also have started facing the same on my One plus 3 after upgrading to Nougat. In my case I don't get any error code its just the screen sometimes freezes or the unit screen goes black with no response to any touch inputs. Taking out and putting back the cable doesn't solve the problem. Appreciate inputs especially from the new owners.
polestar2016 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks