Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2014, 23:33   #466
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano Twist XT : Driven

Booked a Nano Twist today at Concorde Motors Chennai. Dealership experience was good. The price came to 2.44 (after 40k discount). Got freebies (mud flaps, door maps, boot mat and Steering grip). Checked with other showrooms (TAFE, VST) almost the same.

Got a query. The review of the nano(2012) on this thread had two layers of insulation (behind the seat - see pics below). But the one that i saw on the showroom had just a fabric floor mat covering the boot.
http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/Tata...ano2012-23.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/Tata...ano2012-24.jpg

And this boot mat apparently is an added accessory and as per the sales guys the stock car boot floor is exposed metal.

Can some owners of Nano Twist clarify?

Also i wanted to upgrade the following:

- Horn - Something better than what is currently there.
- A powered sub/speaker upgrade. Any suggestions?
- Trying to get a seat cover along with the freebies, but wanted to check if there are any better options available. Like covers with additional cushioning.

Worried if the above will void the warranty. Please advise.

Regarding the PDI, they dont have an option before the registration. Apparently, the car goes from yard to RTO for registration and then it reaches the showroom for delivery. So no option to do it before registration. Keeping fingers crossed.
knaveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 23:44   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post

Got a query. The review of the nano(2012) on this thread had two layers of insulation (behind the seat - see pics below). But the one that i saw on the showroom had just a fabric floor mat covering the boot.

this boot mat apparently is an added accessory and as per the sales guys the stock car boot floor is exposed metal.

Can some owners of Nano Twist clarify?

Also i wanted to upgrade the following:

- Horn - Something better than what is currently there.
- A powered sub/speaker upgrade. Any suggestions?
- Trying to get a seat cover along with the freebies, but wanted to check if there are any better options available. Like covers with additional cushioning.

Worried if the above will void the warranty. .
The earlier nanos came with 1 mat to cover the metal engine cover. Even I've heard that the new cars have 2 mats. I think that this would be a better freebie than anything else.

Please change the stock horn to a Skoda type / trumpets with a horn relay and fuse. Absolutely don't let anyone tell you that relay or fuse is not required.

I have never fitted a music system to my car, so can't help with the ICE question.

Fit seat covers which have a seatback pocket, very handy!
Old 30th December 2014, 00:48   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
The earlier nanos came with 1 mat to cover the metal engine cover. Even I've heard that the new cars have 2 mats. I think that this would be a better freebie than anything else.

Please change the stock horn to a Skoda type / trumpets with a horn relay and fuse. Absolutely don't let anyone tell you that relay or fuse is not required.

I have never fitted a music system to my car, so can't help with the ICE question.

Fit seat covers which have a seatback pocket, very handy!
Will check out at the dealership on the boot mats. Seat covers does have a seatback pockets.
Old 30th December 2014, 13:37   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Booked a Nano Twist today at Concorde Motors Chennai. Dealership experience was good. The price came to 2.44 (after 40k discount). Got freebies (mud flaps, door maps, boot mat and Steering grip). Checked with other showrooms (TAFE, VST) almost the same.
Do update this thread. I am majorly interested. I have a 2012 Nano and would like to trade in for a new Nano. Once your deal is done maybe I shall pm you knaveen...
aabidansari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 00:45   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabidansari View Post
Do update this thread. I am majorly interested. I have a 2012 Nano and would like to trade in for a new Nano. Once your deal is done maybe I shall pm you knaveen...
Sure. Paid the full amount today. The car should be available this friday. Im taking delivery on saturday (auspicious reasons ). Asked for a pre-registration PDI, the sales exec said it can be arranged. Lets see how it goes.
Old 31st December 2014, 11:13   #471
BHPian

Got the Chassis number and the vehicle is a FEB 2014 manufactured vehicle. Hope this should be fine. Warranty starts from the date of purchase right?
Old 31st December 2014, 11:27   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodrive View Post
What do you guys think of the deal? Should I go forward with it?
Went forward with the deal. Got the new car delivered yesterday. Interestingly, the car they showed us at the showroom was a march 2014 vehicle and when I refused, they took us to their stockyard and after hunting around among the dozens of car, I finally found one with september manufacture date. The poor SA was clueless about the whole exercise. Then I got the car washed and finished with the PDI by 3pm and then finally drove the car home at 8pm.
Its a meteor silver. Will add pics later.
pyrodrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 13:52   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Went forward with the deal. Got the new car delivered yesterday. Interestingly, the car they showed us at the showroom was a march 2014 vehicle and when I refused, they took us to their stockyard and after hunting around among the dozens of car, I finally found one with september manufacture date. The poor SA was clueless about the whole exercise. Then I got the car washed and finished with the PDI by 3pm and then finally drove the car home at 8pm.
Its a meteor silver. Will add pics later.
what about registration. you did that in the afternoon?
Old 31st December 2014, 16:33   #474
BHPian

Quote:
what about registration. you did that in the afternoon?
No. It hasnt been registered yet. I did'nt allow the dealer to do the registration for me. The MVI inspector at the RTO is known to me and I have handed over the documents to him for registration ( Form 21,22, invoice, sale letter, insurance and personal documents- ID and address proof).
pyrodrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 18:30   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Got the Chassis number and the vehicle is a FEB 2014 manufactured vehicle. Hope this should be fine. Warranty starts from the date of purchase right?
Correct, warranty status from purchase date. Congratulations on the smartest car in India :-) .

Quote:
No. It hasnt been registered
Hope that both of you will put up some photos of you and your new wheels :-)

Last edited by john doe : 31st December 2014 at 18:32.
Old 3rd January 2015, 11:43   #476
BHPian

Hi all,

Gave the nano twist for first service at Aadya Motors couple of days back (odo reading 1180 km), and they returned the car in about 5 hours time. Process was smooth.

My wife and I are using the car for office commute every day. EPS is great, and it is easy to drive in the city. I am not too sure the steering weighs enough at high speeds, so we are a bit careful there. Shopping is easier now, as we can park in tight spaces near the shops.

Bluetooth is no problem. My wife's iPhone had to be paired only once, and it is remembered by the car. My MotoG (Android) didn't pair in the first try, and I didn't try again. Default radio volume is high. It is a nuisance and we have to reduce the volume every time the engine is started.

Gearshift is Ok, not hard as some posters mentioned here. NVH is acceptable in the cabin. For an outside observer engine volume is high at start, but goes down as the car picks speed.

I am a bit scared about the brakes though. The car seems to need more time (means more distance) to stop, compared to the other cars I have driven, for the same pressure applied on the brake pedal. Therefore I will not drive above 70-80 km/hr in this car. Hence the Nano is not a highway car for me.

Overall, this is a very fine city car. My wife was initially reluctant to buy a Nano (due to "cheap car" image), but now she loves her damson purple nano twist.

Reji
Old 5th January 2015, 23:03   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The Tata Nano Twist XT has been launched in India at a price of Rs. 2.36 lakh (ex-Delhi).

What you'll like:

• Uniquely cute & cool styling. A car that will make you smile
• New Electric Power Steering makes driving and parking a breeze
• Innovative packaging results in spacious interiors for 4 adults. Generous legroom & headroom
• Peppy performance at speeds <80 kph. Engine offers good urban driveability too
• Powerful air-conditioner will chill you to the bone
• Small footprint & tiny turning radius make the Nano a great urban runabout

What you won't:

• Struggles on steep inclines and stop-go hilly conditions with passengers onboard
• Features like front disc brakes and openable rear hatch are missing
• Low cost nature & quality are obvious
• Image of the "cheapest car in India / the world"
• Tiny 80-liter boot
• Tata's after sales service isn't at par with other mass market players

Attachment 1189951

Tata should make Nano a Electric Drive. It is right sized and would be a good fit for a light weight electric drive.
Old 6th January 2015, 12:24   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
Tata should make Nano a Electric Drive. It is right sized and would be a good fit for a light weight electric drive.
And sell where? India is not an EV market and never will be one. Nano has to go a long way to meet the safety standards of US and UK.
Old 7th January 2015, 22:41   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
And sell where? India is not an EV market and never will be one. Nano has to go a long way to meet the safety standards of US and UK.
India will be a 'huge' EV market before you know it!!

Reasons:

1. We import oil <period>

2. We have huge coal reserves (3rd largest in the world). But, we cant run cars on coal. But, we can convert coal to electricity.

3. We have abundant sunshine. And solar power is becoming cheaper every year. In fact, by 2020 it'll be cheaper than thermal power. In some places it already is.

4. Price of battery is dropping and once Megafactory of Tesla & Panasonic comes alive in 2017, it will reduce to half.

5. Long term reliability & least amount of service requirement will make people gravitate towards EVs. When was the last time you got your fan motor serviced?

6. Govt. around the world will push for higher fuel efficiency standards and that's not achievable without going hybrid (which is expensive) and also in a way are plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles. In USA this is already happening because to meet the 2017 fuel efficiency most companies will ahve to spend about $4000 more on fossile drives, which pushes up the cost and equalizes with that of EVs (sans battery).

Every new tech appears unviable in the beginning due to higher cost of R&D. But, in a few years, they wipe out old tech.

And current fossil fuel tech is way too old.
Old 8th January 2015, 00:13   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
India will be a 'huge' EV market before you know it!!
I totally agree with every thing you said. But what we lack is charging infrastructure. In places where people live in 15/20 story skyscraper buildings, how do we provide charging infrastructure for potential EV owners? The short range of the EV prevents adoption in villages. So who will buy it even if it becomes cheaper than ICE cars?
In US also, people buy EV for mainly 3 reasons, 1 - Environment friendly label, 2- Added perks like carpool lane usage. 3 - Tax incentives from gov. With out these even in US, no one will buy an EV.
Dont want to hijack this thread!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks