Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2014, 19:58   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseenar View Post
Really nice review the_skyliner!

One doubt. Do I need to get the lamination(or whatever you call that ) done from 3M if I am opting for 3 year BSI? Will it void the vehicle's warranty? If it doesn't then what are the services that I should opt for and why?

Thanks in advance!
Lamination or the ppf film from 3M has no relation with the BSI mate. And no it would have no effect on the Vehicle's warranty whatsoever. Also I do not know which car do you own but would strictly advice you to opt for the 5 year BSI rather than the 3 year one. The real surprises with the car would only come up 3rd year onwards.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 10:11   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Really nice review the_skyliner!

One doubt. Do I need to get the lamination(or whatever you call that ) done from 3M if I am opting for 3 year BSI? Will it void the vehicle's warranty? If it doesn't then what are the services that I should opt for and why?

Thanks in advance!
Thanks for your kind words, yaseenar.

drmohitg has already answered your question. 3M PPF or any other treatment will have no effect on the warranty or BSI.

Also, think before you take BSI because after doing some math, I have decided not to opt for that. I would say if you are planning to keep the car for five years or more then only opt for BSI.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 11:06   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Lamination or the ppf film from 3M has no relation with the BSI mate. And no it would have no effect on the Vehicle's warranty whatsoever. Also I do not know which car do you own but would strictly advice you to opt for the 5 year BSI rather than the 3 year one. The real surprises with the car would only come up 3rd year onwards.
Thanks drmohitg! I have booked for a 320d sport line. Is it possible to extend the 3 year BSI to a 5 year one or more later on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Thanks for your kind words, yaseenar.

drmohitg has already answered your question. 3M PPF or any other treatment will have no effect on the warranty or BSI.

Also, think before you take BSI because after doing some math, I have decided not to opt for that. I would say if you are planning to keep the car for five years or more then only opt for BSI.
I am planning to keep the car for at least 6-8 years.
yaseenar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 11:24   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks drmohitg! I have booked for a 320d sport line. Is it possible to extend the 3 year BSI to a 5 year one or more later on?

AFAIK, it is not possible to extend 3 years BSI to 5 years.
If you plan to keep the car that long then 5 years BSI with extended warranty is a must. Opting for extended warranty is the key as BSI alone will not cover parts failure.
Old 28th May 2014, 18:37   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yes it is very much possible and allowed by BMW to upgrade your BSI plan anytime during its validity. So you can upgrade from a 3year plan to the higher 5 year or 6 year plan as per your wish. You only have to pay the difference amount prevailing at that time.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 11:10   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is very much possible and allowed by BMW to upgrade your BSI plan anytime during its validity. So you can upgrade from a 3year plan to the higher 5 year or 6 year plan as per your wish. You only have to pay the difference amount prevailing at that time.
Thanks! Just what I needed to know!
yaseenar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 22:47   #82
BANNED

Congrats the_skyliner
Awesome car, hoping you're enjoying every bit of it.
One question - You didn't take high security number plate or you exchanged it mate ?
unknown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:15   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Congrats the_skyliner
Awesome car, hoping you're enjoying every bit of it.
One question - You didn't take high security number plate or you exchanged it mate ?
Thanks unknown!

The high security number plates are coming soon.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 17:55   #84
BHPian

Many congratulations on the new ride. Enjoy your car to the fullest. Did you go in for the BSI? If yes which plan? is the first service done?
arihant jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 14:53   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihant jain View Post
Many congratulations on the new ride. Enjoy your car to the fullest. Did you go in for the BSI? If yes which plan? is the first service done?
Thanks, arihant jain.

No BSI taken and the first service is due at 12000 kms which could be couple of weeks from now.
Old 24th October 2014, 15:40   #86
BHPian

Hi,

Hope you are enjoying every mile in your car. One small question from my side though.

Is there any under belly scraping that you have experienced with your car till now? May be on speed breakers, rough roads or under heavy load?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
first service is due at 12000 kms which could be couple of weeks from now.
Also, I request you to post the service & ownership costs of your car for new aspirants like us. (I'm getting closer to own one and I hope to join the club in a couple of months )
Old 25th October 2014, 07:32   #87
BHPian

No underbelly scraping for me even though I live in UP with very bad roads. Haven't had my first service hence not incurred any costs till now. Estimated service cost to be around 40 k.
Old 26th October 2014, 11:41   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Is there any under belly scraping that you have experienced with your car till now? May be on speed breakers, rough roads or under heavy load?
Usually No. Just did a 700 km run from Delhi to Jaipur and beyond. Encountered many speed breakers and barring one really gigantic one, I did not scrap the bottom. The trick is to come to a near stand still before the breaker and then do not press the race pedal and let the car just cruise in the D mode on its own. Also even after this the really huge breakers can be tackled further by altering your angle of approach and going a little sideways rather than head on.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 13:01   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Usually No. Just did a 700 km run from Delhi to Jaipur and beyond. Encountered many speed breakers and barring one really gigantic one, I did not scrap the bottom. The trick is to come to a near stand still before the breaker and then do not press the race pedal and let the car just cruise in the D mode on its own
Thanks for the info sir. Apart from this, I guess these cars also come with under body protection right? I'm very much concerned about this because we would be using the car to go to our farms sometimes (red gravel roads) and also in our place, the roads are really bad with unexpected elevated manholes and pot holes.

So I just want to make sure that I don't have to sell my properties for the repair in case something hits the car by chance.

Else, the safer bet would be extending the budget a little more and going for the new X3.
Old 26th October 2014, 13:45   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Usually No. Just did a 700 km run from Delhi to Jaipur and beyond. Encountered many speed breakers and barring one really gigantic one, I did not scrap the bottom. The trick is to come to a near stand still before the breaker and then do not press the race pedal and let the car just cruise in the D mode on its own. Also even after this the really huge breakers can be tackled further by altering your angle of approach and going a little sideways rather than head on.
With speed breakers, what I find is best, is to let it climb up on its own in D or with slight accelerator input, but when the front wheel reaches the top press the brake and control the descent. That way when the front wheels touch the ground the suspension doesn't compress and reduces the chances of anything touching the speed breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Thanks for the info sir. Apart from this, I guess these cars also come with under body protection right? I'm very much concerned about this because we would be using the car to go to our farms sometimes (red gravel roads) and also in our place, the roads are really bad with unexpected elevated manholes and pot holes.

So I just want to make sure that I don't have to sell my properties for the repair in case something hits the car by chance.

Else, the safer bet would be extending the budget a little more and going for the new X3.
The cars do have under body protection, but going by what you mention an X3 is definitely a safer bet. I'm sure if any of the dealers have the pre facelift X3 in stock (it will be the base model only since all others are sold out) you can get it for near 3 series pricing. And trust me you will have peace of mind on those bad roads, where anyway you would not be able to use any of the abilities of the 3 which make it so special.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks