Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2014, 12:29   #61
BHPian

Re: Red beauty comes home – Our Hyundai Xcent AT SX(O)

Hi

Weekend meant a comprehensive clean up. While we do have a person who comes to clean up the car but on a weekend I normally spend a couple of hours doing these bits.

The alloys were given special attention and of course various corners which are not usually covered by the cleaner. Standing in the sun the car does make a case of turning a few heads. I love the colour. I had my routine apprehensions when we were ordering this colour but now I am quite liking it.

I am considering nitrogen but still in two minds over it.

Cheers

Rajain
Old 3rd December 2014, 19:38   #62
BHPian

Hi All

I am looking at booking the Xcent AT SX(O) this month end. I am having it delivered sometime in January.

I was apprehensive about going ahead with the booking, as I heard from one of my friend that Hyundai might release an updated model of the car sometime in March \ April at the turn of its 1st Year Anniversary.

I also did get a call from Advaith on their offer for this month. They are going to waive off the Comprehensive Insurance worth 27k and the On-Road price would be around 8.65 Lacs. This is what is putting me in dilemma. The updated model could have some worthy upgrades. Also, 27k discount is quite a saving as well!

I need some guidance on this. Please help!
Old 4th December 2014, 11:00   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincyf1 View Post
Hi All

I am looking at booking the Xcent AT SX(O) this month end. I am having it delivered sometime in January.

I need some guidance on this. Please help!
Hi

I am taking delivery of my xcent sx(O) AT in a couple of days. My 2cents, SX(O) is already loaded with features that rival a segment up. I am not sure what they will add, if at all they release a newer version. Might be some more chrome and some tacky stickering??

Also, one more point to consider is, even if you take delivery in January, it might be a manufactured in 2014 car. I am not sure how it is perceived in the resale market. People might still consider it a 2014 car. Please check on that with someone more knowledgeable.

Given that we hardly got deals on xcent petrol till now, I would say free insurance is a good deal. I was in Hyundai showroom this morning and they are offering 5 - 10k cash discounts from dealer side for this month. See if you can get some more discounts on that.
VolBrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 00:12   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolBrat View Post
Hi

I am taking delivery of my xcent sx(O) AT in a couple of days. My 2cents, SX(O) is already loaded with features that rival a segment up. I am not sure what they will add, if at all they release a newer version. Might be some more chrome and some tacky stickering??

Also, one more point to consider is, even if you take delivery in January, it might be a manufactured in 2014 car. I am not sure how it is perceived in the resale market. People might still consider it a 2014 car. Please check on that with someone more knowledgeable.

Given that we hardly got deals on xcent petrol till now, I would say free insurance is a good deal. I was in Hyundai showroom this morning and they are offering 5 - 10k cash discounts from dealer side for this month. See if you can get some more discounts on that.
I was looking at a change in the Engine. Though it looks unlikely now since the Grand i10 only got a Sportz edition as a new model on its first anniversary. My friend's comments made me a little apprehensive about the Engine change.

Also, I have now decided to book the car on 25th and take the delivery in January. I know that its going to have a manufacturing date of DEC 2014. My purpose of this car is to use on a long term basis, so I hope it will not matter much once the car is about 8 to 10 year old.

I think I will go for the Kill and make the booking towards this month end. Thanks for your suggestions!

Have a great day!
Old 10th December 2014, 17:10   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I was looking at a change in the Engine. Though it looks unlikely now since the Grand i10 only got a Sportz edition as a new model on its first anniversary. My friend's comments made me a little apprehensive about the Engine change.
I don't think Hyundai will go for a change of engine. They do have an offering in the next segment - Verna. And another offering in the segment above that - Elantra. And feature wise this is a car that competes with one segment above.

Quote:
Also, I have now decided to book the car on 25th and take the delivery in January. I know that its going to have a manufacturing date of DEC 2014. My purpose of this car is to use on a long term basis, so I hope it will not matter much once the car is about 8 to 10 year old.
My friend recently purchased Elantra. For those who will hold a vehicle 7-8 or more years then the year of manufacturing won't really matter (at least not in any significant way) with regard to the resale.

Quote:
I think I will go for the Kill and make the booking towards this month end. Thanks for your suggestions!

Have a great day!
Good luck with your booking and eventual ownership. Its a good choice to make. Enjoy your ride and do not forget to share your experience with us.
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 16:52   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
I don't think Hyundai will go for a change of engine. They do have an offering in the next segment - Verna. And another offering in the segment above that - Elantra. And feature wise this is a car that competes with one segment above.

My friend recently purchased Elantra. For those who will hold a vehicle 7-8 or more years then the year of manufacturing won't really matter (at least not in any significant way) with regard to the resale.

Good luck with your booking and eventual ownership. Its a good choice to make. Enjoy your ride and do not forget to share your experience with us.
Rajain,

Thanks for all the guidance, Looking forward to driving my new vehicle now.

Will definitely follow up with my Experience with the Vehicle!
Old 12th December 2014, 11:56   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Rajain,

Thanks for all the guidance, Looking forward to driving my new vehicle now.

Will definitely follow up with my Experience with the Vehicle!

When are you expecting your new car? In December or January? Any accessories you have thought about?
Old 12th December 2014, 14:56   #68
BHPian

Quote:
When are you expecting your new car? In December or January? Any accessories you have thought about?
Rajain,

Will be booking the car on Christmas when my parents are here. I called up the sales rep from Advaith and she said they have the Xcent SX(O) AT available in RED color ( Our choices were RED and SILVER) at their warehouse. I am looking at taking the delivery as soon as possible. Hoping against hope that it remains in stock.

As for the Accessories, I am thinking of getting the Center Arm Rest and DRLs done. Although, I still haven't found out a place where I could get these done. Apart from these, I would be going in for some basic safety equipments as well like the Puncture Kit, Air Compressor, Fire Extinguisher.

How have you accessorized yours? Any suggestions for me?
Old 12th December 2014, 15:44   #69

Quote:
Rajain,

Good luck with your purchase. I got full floor mats done (have a 2 year old fussy eater ) and also art leather seats.

I thought about the centre hand rest but have to get it done outside and was not sure of the fit and finish. Still thinking about getting that done sometime down the line.
VolBrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 21:09   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolBrat View Post
I thought about the centre hand rest but have to get it done outside and was not sure of the fit and finish. Still thinking about getting that done sometime down the line.
I think that the Center Armrests are necessary for an Automatic vehicle when going on long drives. I would have to look around in Bangalore for a decent garage which has better reviews in terms of the Fit and Finish they deliver on vehicles being accessorized.
Old 17th December 2014, 08:58   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Rajain,

As for the Accessories, I am thinking of getting the Center Arm Rest and DRLs done. Although, I still haven't found out a place where I could get these done. Apart from these, I would be going in for some basic safety equipments as well like the Puncture Kit, Air Compressor, Fire Extinguisher.

I actually have a few accessories in our Ertiga. Air compressor, puncture kit, a small medical kit, umbrella, car charger etc - I have them in the other car. So for any long drives I move them from Ertiga to Xcent. And in fact I have so far not done a long drive in Xcent. 3M mats was the only accessory I added in the Xcent.

Yes a centre armrest would have been nice but I don't really miss it. I did not have it in any of my previous cars.

Next week we are planning to drive to Pune/Mumbai. Its either the Xcent or the Ertiga. Time will tell.

Cheers

Last edited by Rajain : 17th December 2014 at 08:59.
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 09:41   #72
BHPian

Word of caution folks. If you want center armrest in xcent, it has to be fabricated as the readily available ones cannot be screwed due to the rear ac vent tube. If someone is trying make sure this point is taken care. I tried in my xcent and gave up for now.
Ford_madhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 14:33   #73
BHPian

Quote:

Next week we are planning to drive to Pune/Mumbai. Its either the Xcent or the Ertiga. Time will tell.

Cheers
If you happen to take the Xcent, I will be looking forward to your update with the Highway Statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_madhan View Post
Word of caution folks. If you want center armrest in xcent, it has to be fabricated as the readily available ones cannot be screwed due to the rear ac vent tube. If someone is trying make sure this point is taken care. I tried in my xcent and gave up for now.
Thanks for this detail. I will definitely keep that in mind. I would not want to meddle with a new car too much.
Old 27th December 2014, 14:04   #74
BHPian

Hi

For friends who have been waiting for a good highway update there is one coming up. We had a long trip planned for somw time. We had to drive to Mumbai/Pune. Between the choice of Ertiga in diesel and Xcent At in petrol this time we decided to drive the Xcent AT.

Drove yesterday from Bangalore to Pune. We return over the new year and will update this thread with this almost 2200 kms highway run.

Stay tuned for some surprises.

Cheers

Rajain
Old 31st December 2014, 13:04   #75
BHPian

Hi

Just finished a good 2200 kms drive. Bangalore-Pune/Mumbai in the Xcent AT. Had a blast. The vehicle is just fantastic. A detailed report on the trip - its dynamics, its high speed capability, its ghat navigation and above all its highway average - all coming up soon.

Stay tuned.

Cheers
Rajain

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks