Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2015, 23:06   #646
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Somehow, I get the feel that Hyundai has managed to create a buzz for the Creta which is making it feel much more premium than what it actually is.

It's a compact SUV and is not coming with earth-shattering feature set (the top model has some good features, agreed). The engine, gearbox is the same as Verna.

It's a very compelling package only if priced sensibly (the Duster/Terrano are offering good discounts I guess). I am getting a feeling that even if Hyundai overprices this car, there will be still a lot of takers for it (at least initially) given the image of a very premium offering which Hyundai has been able to create for it. If I were in the market for a compact SUV, my choice will be the Creta but only if it's priced in the range of the Duster (a small premium is probably fine)
Totally agree with your point, the car indeed feels less premium than one expects it to be.

However it shares the Engine+Gearbox combo with the Elantra, the Verna comes with a 4 speed Gearbox albeit with the same engine. Trust me, as a Verna owner this detail makes all the difference so much so that would justify a premium of around ₹50,000.

Last edited by Jag4 : 18th July 2015 at 23:12.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 23:31   #647
BHPian

Interesting article in Financial Express. Following are some of the excerpts from this article:

Quote:
Based on the PB platform which also underpins the Elite i20 hatchback and the Verna sedan, the Creta’s cabin is expected to have elements in common with the Elite i20. But can the Creta replicate Elite i20’s success?

Srivastava believes it can. “Whichever segment we have entered of late, we have been among the strongest performers. Over the last two years, we have launched four global models in India—Grand i10, Xcent, Elite i20 and i20 Active. While we know that the SUV segment has some established players, we now understand the Indian market so well that we are sure the Creta will be a disruptive product,” he says.
Quote:
Analysts too expect the Creta to do well. IHS Automotive, in fact, has forecast domestic sales to touch a massive 61,800 units by the end of December 2015, which will potentially grow to 88,300 units in calendar year 2016.
Quote:
Gaurav Vangaal, analyst, IHS Automotive, compares the interest generated by the Creta to that by the EcoSport two years ago. “When Ford launched the EcoSport, they had to call off the bookings of some variants in the wake of huge demand. A similar kind of buzz has been created by the Creta. But we need to be cautious while judging on the initial response to a vehicle,” he says. “The success lies in exploiting the R9-12 lakh segment, for which you need to sneak in the sedan customer too. The better you penetrate, the greater will be the chances of success.” Vangaal reasons that pricing will be crucial. “A price tag above R10 lakh can affect consumer psychology.”
Quote:
Within 10 days of the launch of the teaser campaign, more than 10,000 customers have confirmed purchase interest for the Creta (these are voluntary payments). Keep in mind that the price is not out yet, nor have these customers seen the vehicle. The product enquiries are over 30,000,” explains Srivastava. “The Creta will redefine the way Indian consumers look at an SUV. It will be strong, stylish, aggressive and bold. We will also target women customers.”
Quote:
Hyundai has already tasted success in the crossover segment, which is a notch below compact SUVs. “The size of the crossover segment, before our entry with the i20 Active, was about 1,100 units a month. When we entered, we started selling as many as 2,500 units a months, expanding the segment to over 3,000 units a month. With the Creta, we are looking forward to making a similar impact in the compact SUV segment,” Srivastava adds.
Quote:
It may be a compact SUV, but the Creta can attract buyers from far and wide. Its immediate competitors are Renault Duster (it sells about 1,500 units a month) and Nissan Terrano (800-1,000 units a month). Then there are bigger SUVs such as Mahindra Scorpio (about 5,000 units a month) and Mahindra XUV500 (about 2,000 units). On the lower end of the segment is Ford EcoSport (about 3,500 units). Srivastava argues that the Creta will not only appeal to buyers who today consider small SUVs, but it will also appeal to buyers who earlier looked at only seven-seater SUVs. “And why just these two, we are sure the Creta will attract buyers from the sedan segment also,” he says.
Base model of Creta

Preview: Hyundai Creta-1.jpg
Preview: Hyundai Creta-2.jpg
Preview: Hyundai Creta-3.jpg

Picture source: Twitter

Last edited by damager21 : 18th July 2015 at 23:55.
damager21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 01:33   #648
BHPian

A comparison of the Stardust Grey and Mystic Blue colours in the Creta. Both are very similar from afar, and at first glance - almost indistinguishable:

Stardust Grey:

Preview: Hyundai Creta-175357d1437243534hyundaiix25compactsuvnamedcretaimg_0365.jpg

Mystic Blue:

Preview: Hyundai Creta-175358d1437243534hyundaiix25compactsuvnamedcretaimg_0366.jpg

Source: Courtest shiva_M @ TheAutomotiveIndia
vivekh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 01:53   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Base model of Creta
That's not the Base model, but it is the SX. Notice the Airbags?

--------------------------------------

Youtube user skhanna26 has spied on an elusive Creta S petrol variant in the stockyards, and has captured a portrait video detailing the interiors and exteriors of the Creta S!

Unlike the top-end models which we have seen till now, the Creta S comes with no airbags, manual AC, no separate "S" badge in the rear, no chrome rear garnish above the numberplate, no chrome on the front grille, plain halogen lamps without LEDs, plain steel wheels with wheelcovers, antenna is of the micro type, and a set of foldable keys.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th July 2015 at 01:55.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 07:23   #650
Distinguished - BHPian

First look of a normal halogen headlight Creta at 1:40 in the video. Looks good in my opinion.

Also much less chrome at the back number plate area at 1:22.

Last edited by itwasntme : 19th July 2015 at 07:27. Reason: Timing
Old 19th July 2015, 07:25   #651

The rear end looks very disproportionate in distant shots..if you just Hide the portion below chrome strip with your finger it looks like the I20.
Old 19th July 2015, 09:10   #652
BHPian

"Crocodile crocodile which color do you want". Some of us would have played this game when we were kids . I love the proper mix of colors which Hyundai has offered which unfortunately few other manufacturers tend to miss on cost cutting grounds

Red Passion
Preview: Hyundai Creta-red.jpg

Sleek Silver
Preview: Hyundai Creta-silver.jpg

Stardust
Preview: Hyundai Creta-stardust-grey.jpg

Polar White
Preview: Hyundai Creta-white.jpg

Pearl Beige
Preview: Hyundai Creta-beige.jpg

Mystic Blue
Preview: Hyundai Creta-mystic-blue.jpg

Phantom Black
Preview: Hyundai Creta-black.jpg

Source: TeamBHP, Motoroids, TAI
damager21 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 09:57   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
"Crocodile crocodile which color do you want". Some of us would have played this game when we were kids . I love the proper mix of colors which Hyundai has offered which unfortunately few other manufacturers tend to miss on cost cutting grounds
Source: TeamBHP, Motoroids, TAI
As far as I know, Hyundai initially offers quite a lot of color options and then depending upon the market response reduces 1 or 2 of them.
Anyway I am thinking that the Fluidic Verna's Purple Fantasia would have looked good on the Creta!
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 11:31   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

The latest from the official Hyundai India twitter page:

Preview: Hyundai Creta-ckmuqmlueaeor8f.jpg

Also, a spy video showing the Creta in Red from up close:

To give you a perspective of the height of the Creta, here is my friend Samit standing beside one. He is 5'11".

The compact SUV has a nice heighted stance, and it is much bigger than the pictures suggest. (the white color adds to it's dimensions too)

Preview: Hyundai Creta-11749480_10153094305759576_399536173_n.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-11774320_10153094305569576_1587470337_n.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-11756547_10153094305609576_2070158854_n.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th July 2015 at 12:00.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 11:36   #655
BHPian

Going by the pricing shared by @RavenAvi , Hyundai may launch Creta at a shocker price of 7.31 lacs ex-showroom Delhi.

Following could be the ex-showroom price for top markets.
Name:  Hyundai Creta Pricing.png
Views: 19848
Size:  12.0 KB

I have analyzed the price difference between ex-showroom Kolkata and other cities for Verna, Elite i20 & Elantra and applied this price on Kolkata price of Creta shared by @RavenAvi to arrive at the above pricing sheet.

Also, for the Base petrol variant I have considered the difference between base and next variant of Elite i20 which comes to INR 55k. I have subtracted 55k from S variant Creta to arrive at the pricing for Base petrol.

For other models like Elantra and Verna, this difference is over a lac. I dont think Hyundai will launch Base variant of Creta in 6 lacs bracket because then it will impact Elite i20 sales.

What is also evident from this pricing, if true, is that it will be cheaper than Verna. So it will kill Verna and at the same time may eat into sales of City, Vento and Ciaz.

Disclaimer as stated by @RavenAvi in his post - There could be a 5k to 10k variance in pricing shared by him

Last edited by damager21 : 19th July 2015 at 11:38.
damager21 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 11:52   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Also, a spy video showing the Creta in Red from up close
Is this the 8th colour in the line up? The video title too says 'Carnelian Red' instead of Passion Red. Looks very different from the Passion Red I have seen in photos & videos and also not mentioned in the brochure, looks more maroon than red! Could this mean that the brochure is incomplete or still in the draft stage?
Old 19th July 2015, 13:17   #657
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
Is this the 8th colour in the line up? The video title too says 'Carnelian Red' instead of Passion Red. Looks very different from the Passion Red I have seen in photos & videos and also not mentioned in the brochure, looks more maroon than red! Could this mean that the brochure is incomplete or still in the draft stage?
The red color plays tricks with different lighting conditions and I had to see it in the flesh. There is only one Red and it is passion Red - the same that the new Verna 4S sports.
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 13:20   #658
BHPian

Ravenavi, Can you confirm if the Wheel housing as plastic trim cover?.
Old 19th July 2015, 14:10   #659

I have booked SX(O). Yesterday I have received mail from trident on road approximate price as 17L. If this is the final price then I ll cancel my booking.
Old 19th July 2015, 15:44   #660
BHPian

'Leaked' prices on ACI

Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta-prices.jpg

Disappointed?

I am..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks