Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 20:20   #1501
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

I confirmed the CRDI SX variant with the dealer and should be getting delivery next week

I had booked in the second half of June and was waiting eagerly for the launch but the pricing shocker put me off and i was seriously considering other alternatives. For the last two weeks, I was contemplating whether to go for 1.6 VTVT SX+ or 1.6 CRDI SX which were the only feasible options in my budget (or if i should cancel my booking and go for some other alternative).

I seriously considered Duster but its poor interiors, ergonomics and quality put me off and it never felt like a 15L car inside. But it had the best ride and handling overall and i seriously hope the facelift will have better interiors.

I also went back to City but somehow after driving Duster and Creta, i started liking the higher seating position and better views from the drivers seat. Also, i did not like City's dashboard layout and hence decided against it.

I also gave a serious thought to the new Ford Fiesta which was the car that i wanted to buy originally. But when Ford themselves are hell bent against selling it, i wasn't so sure if it was worth the pain and effort to get one. Also, by launching Figo aspire, i felt that Ford was more or less killing Fiesta even though it was a much better car and a rare one with a character. I still cannot fathom why a company would build a great car like Fiesta and not want to sell it. Such a pity!

So, i finally took the plunge and decided to go with the SX version even though i will be missing on the 7" AVN and push button start with keyless entry.
mustangvins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 20:31   #1502
Senior - BHPian

Drove the Creta Diesel 1.6 MT for a short duration today. I had taken the Fiesta to 3M and the Hyundai dealership is quite close to the 3M center here. The Hyundai felt very good on the inside. Well appointed interiors and very refined. Loved the horn and the gearshift.

But I somehow couldn't connect to the car. I think I am better off with sedans. Had the drivers seat at the lowest position and felt the wiper on the right is set too high. It was drizzling and the wiper left a big area unwiped at the bottom. The car had only 2000 KM on the odo and it was pulling mildly to the left as well. I think someone has abused it during the TD. Pointed it out to the sales fella and he told me they have already made plans to get it fixed.

The waiting period for AT Diesel SX is 2.5 months and MT Diesel SX O is almost readily available. They have a AT TD car as well, but it was away.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 20:41   #1503
Distinguished - BHPian

Was at the Hyundai showroom today with a friend who wanted to check out the Creta.

This was from Trident Hyundai KR Puram. Much better experience compared to the earlier visit to Advaith Hyundai. The SA was more knowledgeable and patiently answered the questions we had and did not try to push too much on when we were planning to buy.

In my initial visit I was a little disappointed. But on this 2nd visit, I was much more impressed and actually could appreciate the quality of the interiors and other smaller aspects. So I think this is back in consideration for my relative.

Most important point. I had read about long waiting periods, but the SA told most variants, most colors will be available in under 2 months.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 21:01   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Was at the Hyundai showroom today with a friend who wanted to check out the Creta.

This was from Trident Hyundai KR Puram. Much better experience compared to the earlier visit to Advaith Hyundai. The SA was more knowledgeable and patiently answered the questions we had and did not try to push too much on when we were planning to buy.

In my initial visit I was a little disappointed. But on this 2nd visit, I was much more impressed and actually could appreciate the quality of the interiors and other smaller aspects. So I think this is back in consideration for my relative.

Most important point. I had read about long waiting periods, but the SA told most variants, most colors will be available in under 2 months.
The long wait times quoted seem to be mostly restricted to few dealers. Apart from the AT variant rest should be available in reasonable time. I pass by a Hyundai showroom on my way to work and see new stocks arriving every week and parked outside the dealership in the mornings. Today evening on the way back I saw about 7-8 red cretas parked and one was being prepared for delivery.

Once the initial rush and the festive season is over, it should be readily available.
praveen_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 14:29   #1505
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

All, wait times are not all that bad in Bangalore. The dealers here are quoting between a week and 10 days for the manual transmission variants. Not sure of the Auto.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 14:37   #1506
Senior - BHPian

Plight of a new Hyundai Creta customer
Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8807001&type=1

Copying the content from the page:
"I have purchased Hyundai Creta on 27th of July 2015 at Raam Hyundai Hubli Karnataka and I have below complaints which are to be considered as high priority and I expect quick reply from your end to avoid further consequences.
I and couple of friends approached Hubli show room at 1PM and vehicle delivered at 6 PM and as soon vehicle handed over to us we could not travel 100 Meters due to no fuel in it. It was hardly 5 to 7 minutes after delivery. When we went back and explained the same at Raam Hyundai Hubli no employees and even the General Manager Mr. Sohan Gowda did not bother for the inconvenience caused here. We the customer was supposed to park the just delivered vehicle on road side due to nuisance caused by Raam Hyundai Hubli. More on General Manager Mr. Sohan Gowda was so arrogant and answered it happens for 1 delivery out of 10. This was most wretched answer I ever heard on Luxurious SUV delivery by any GM and astonished with the answer.
Later when I tried to customer care number which was mentioned on side glass of the vehicle, I spoke to them for at least 12 minutes. During this conversation no complaint was lodged by the executive and no acknowledgement number is given till the date.
Below are vehicle details and attached are picture with time for your reference.
You can make out in pictures attached how odd it was to park and pour fuel into newly delivered SUV Creta
So I expect swift response from your end and an apology from the GM at my place.
I do not hesitate to explain the same to auto mobile based newspapers, magazines and websites, also social media are always best platform to uncover such arrogant, egotistical outlets.
As we had a quick family trip planed for couple of days which caused bit delay in posting this complaint.
Hoping for quick response
Very disappointed costumer"

As I always said, the A.S.S has nothing to do with manufacturer, it just boils down to individual dealer.
Old 6th August 2015, 14:49   #1507
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, has anyone got any gyan about the 1.4 diesel yet? Don't think any of the Bangalore dealers at least have the 1.4 as test drive cars.
Old 6th August 2015, 15:33   #1508
BHPian

I am planning to take delivery of my SX(O) tomorrow after one of the dealers in delhi called me regarding available vehicles while I had booked with another dealer near my place. Decided to purchase from the dealer more far due to his willingness to allot and hold the car for me 3 days while I sorted of loan.

What I want to know is that the dealer has quoted me exactly 16L on road with Delhi registration. I don't see any way to negotiate this price further since he is also providing the lowest quoted insurance of 46k compated to 50+ from other dealers. What I can still opt out of is the anti-rust and teflon coating costing 8k on my quote. I mentioned that I don't want this since I read here that these new cars come with these treatments from plant. Can anyone please clarify and mention any benefits and why I must do it from the dealer and not from a more qualified professional late on after purchase? Any tips and tricks to help reduce the on road price would be very much appreciated as this is my first time to purchase a car in India and am at the total mercy of dealers.
Old 6th August 2015, 15:38   #1509
BHPian

Thanks to all the contributors for all the shared experience. I am also looking to upgrade from my 7 year old Swift. I am a hard core Maruti loyalist and was waiting eagerly for for the much vaunted S Cross. With S Cross out of contention due to Pricing, and also that Cochin NEXA is still work in progress and it may be another month before they open shop at Edapally

Had a quick 15 mins test drive of Creta SX(O) with VTJ Hyundai in Kakkanad. They have a new showroom opposite Technopark Expressway start. Following are my quick observations.

The Car looks and feels premium however what is classified as Leather is not genuine and did not feel particularly premium. The Fabric upholstery of a parked S model looked and felt better.

Even though the steering sdjusts only for rake, its very easy to find a nice driving position which can be adjusted to be somewhat like a Sedan, and still leave substantial legroom for rear passenger. I am 6 feet for information.

Its very easy to drive with an extremely light clutch for a Diesel. The gear shifts are quick and slots directly like a Rifle bolt. Coming after driving a Swift for 1.5 Lakh Kms it was all very familiar. Took the Car to 100 Kmph in about 15 Seconds on the nearly empty Technopark Express way, which it went very eagerly, then slammed on the Brakes. The car came to standstill in about 40 Mtrs with no drama and very little nose dive. Was paying too much attention to the mirrors to see if any of the safety aids came to the rescue, but it was a very confidence inspiring demo and I could not feel that the vehicle has only drums in the rear.

Car turns with a single finger without expected Body roll for its high stance.
Ride is not wobbly as has been informed and I was expecting of a Hyundai. No unnecessary sounds came when I put it through some ever present rough patches, shoddily aligned bridge sections and 6 inch speed breakers.

Overall I would say a decent package which looks premium, feels premium and drives nicely.

Planning to book a SX+ model this month after disposing of my Swift.

Happy & Safe Motoring !!
SR71A is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 16:02   #1510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
So I expect swift response from your end and an apology from the GM at my place.
I do not hesitate to explain the same to auto mobile based newspapers, magazines and websites, also social media are always best platform to uncover such arrogant, egotistical outlets.

Agreed the dealership was at fault. But he could have at least checked the fuel gauge before he took it out of the showroom.

Buying a new car is a joyous occasion, blowing up all these petty issues out of proportion would certainly create a not so pleasant atmosphere on a special day. My two cents!
Warwithwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 17:20   #1511
BHPian

I think the minimum fuel level check comes as a part of pre delivery inspection on the dealer side. How can they ignore it blatantly? If so, how can anyone trust their PDI and its genuineness ?

But one doubt i have is, there must be some indication in the instrument cluster like yellow fuel icon glowing etc ., didn't the customer/driver notice that while starting ?
The answer the GM is alleged to have given is atrocious. Seems dealers are getting high in their heads with the creta success story!! My prayers are they don't end up as a SKODA.
Old 6th August 2015, 18:31   #1512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Plight of a new Hyundai Creta customer
Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8807001&type=1
Hyundai Dealership attitude seems to be a universal phenomenon.

However, it is unfortunate to note that a vehicle peddled as premium does not even have a low fuel warning.
Old 6th August 2015, 20:05   #1513
BHPian

The Creta doesn't have low fuel warning,, how on earth can someone miss this feature in a 17 lac vehicle. I still am not sure, may be some Creta owner can check the manual and confirm on the same.
Old 6th August 2015, 20:05   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
I am planning to take delivery of my SX(O) tomorrow after one of the dealers in delhi called me regarding available vehicles while I had booked with another dealer near my place. Decided to purchase from the dealer more far due to his willingness to allot and hold the car for me 3 days while I sorted of loan.

What I want to know is that the dealer has quoted me exactly 16L on road with Delhi registration. I don't see any way to negotiate this price further since he is also providing the lowest quoted insurance of 46k compated to 50+ from other dealers. What I can still opt out of is the anti-rust and teflon coating costing 8k on my quote. I mentioned that I don't want this since I read here that these new cars come with these treatments from plant. Can anyone please clarify and mention any benefits and why I must do it from the dealer and not from a more qualified professional late on after purchase? Any tips and tricks to help reduce the on road price would be very much appreciated as this is my first time to purchase a car in India and am at the total mercy of dealers.

There are no discounts or offers as all manufacturers like to take advantage of the hype created by a newly launched car.
Bhpian Naveen.raju in his Creta Ownership thread mentioned that he got basic accessories : Mats, Mud Flaps, Perfume etc free of cost, which you could also get upon further haggling. There are very few Automatic Creta's available right now, so please do a thorough PDI of the vehicle before delivery. Take the Team Bhp checklist with you, it can be found under the "Advice On Buying a New Car" tab on the home page.

The 3M CAR CARE package that is being offered, provides no advantage to you at this juncture and is just a gimmick to fleece unsuspecting customers who want the best for their cars.
Detailing is a rigorous and lengthy process only to be performed by thorough professionals, whose presence is next to impossible inside any Showroom/Accompanying Service centre. IMO Exterior detailing is not required on new cars, I would advise you to save the money for now and get the car detailed after an year or two when the Delhi Weather and Traffic has taken its toll on it.
Professional detailers like 3M Car Care Kailash Colony(Co owned by Gaurav Gill), Steam and Shine Old Gurgaon Road, Dazzle Moti Nagar (Owned By Bhpian Notorious ) are recommended for the job.

Also, You can get the Underbody Antirust package(which has some relevance given the conditon our roads are in) for around 2000 bucks (with around 5 recoats at different intervals) during the first service from any Hyundai service centre.

P.S.I believe the dealer in question here is Autoweb ?

Last edited by Jag4 : 6th August 2015 at 20:17.
Jag4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 20:28   #1515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
There are no discounts or offers as all manufacturers like to take advantage of the hype.
Bhpian Naveen.raju in his thread mentioned that he got basic accessories : Mats, Mud Flaps, Perfume etc free of cost, which you could also get upon further haggling. Also, there are only a few available Automatic Creta's and so please do a thorough PDI of the vehicle before delivery. Take the Team Bhp checklist which can be found under the "Advice On Buying a New Car" tab on the home page.

The 3M CAR CARE package that is being offered, provides no advantage to you at this juncture and is just a gimmick to fleece unsuspecting customers who want the best for their cars.
Detailing is a rigorous and lengthy process only to be performed by thorough proffessionals, whose presence is next to impossible inside the Showroom/Accompanying Service centre.

Exterior detailing is not required on new cars, I would advise you to save the money for now and get the car detailed after an year or so when the Delhi Weather and Traffic has taken its toll on it.
Proffessional detailers like 3M Car Care Kailash Colony(Co owned by Gaurav Gill), Steam and Shine Old Gurgaon Road, Dazzle Moti Nagar (Owned By BHpian Notorious ) are recommended.

Also, You can get the Underbody Antirust package for around 2000 bucks (with recoats at different intervals) at the first service from any Hyundai service centre. I speak from experience as an owner of 5 Hyundai vehicle's.

P.S.I believe the dealer in question is Autoweb ?
Really appreciate your inputs, great advice!

Can you please clarify what exactly is the purchase, inspection & registration process here since I have never experienced it. Just the jist of it all and few things to look out for.

Currently my loan got approved today and my loan manager has communicated to the dealer regarding payment being made to their account to start the purchase process. Balance amount dealer was insisting for me to come by tonight and give in cheque so I can take delivery tomorrow. I insisted I will come by 9am before showroom opens to start PDI shared here before I sign any cheques. Seemed a bit desperate and pushy for the first time in about the 10 calls we have done so far insisting that they have brought the car already from stockyard to showroom and done done cleaning and coating already. The bank assured the dealer is genuine though and also requested dealer to hold the car till tomorrow. Maybe its too late to opt out of the anti rust and teflon coating charges since the quote he gave me over phone of exactly 16L included this service. Any chances I can still debate with dealer regarding the illegality of asking 7k for logistics charges as SC notice from couple years back? Can you also tell how long after full payment is made does it take to get the road tax done and get permanent plates done. Dealer told be will try to get it done tomorrow only but said might take a day also. Dealer is in East Delhi and I am not at all familiar with that area sadly.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks