Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2016, 16:01   #346
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post

I have enjoyed my Endy for these years and have never felt that I made the wrong choice. So my heart says to go for the new Endy. But having seen the new Fortuner, my mind is confused. But if all I want is sophistication and creature comforts I can go for a Santa Fe!
I went with my heart, so Endy it is!

Checked out the vehicle in the flesh today and have "booked" a 3.2L Titanium in Black. Have been assured an early February delivery.
indusboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 18:33   #347
BHPian

I have been reading and watching videos about this vehicle (with much interest) as the Everest and as the Endeavour since its inception and have certain observations.

To begin with all we seem to read and hear about is the Titanium 3.2 AT, from what I understand it returns a single digit FE, so the bread and butter sales in India will presumably accrue from the 2.2

For some strange reason there is a dearth of information on the 2.2 and the MT and how they operate in tandem. A thorough comparison needs to be made between the 2.2 and the 3.2, as well as the AT and the MT. I hope the powers that be (the gurus) are listening.

I would like to add that I am a buyer hence my interest. Ford has a winner on their hands, if they price it right or else it will end up like many others we have seen in the past.
Old 6th January 2016, 18:37   #348
BHPian

Well now its time to sell my 2012 4x4 fortuner..... and move on...

Booked 3.2 titanium endy with black interior and silver in color.
Delivery in February confirmed.
Old 6th January 2016, 19:33   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
Well now its time to sell my 2012 4x4 fortuner..... and move on...

Booked 3.2 titanium endy with black interior and silver in color.
Delivery in February confirmed.

Is there a choice for interior color as well? Or does the 3.2 titanium comes with black interior?
Old 6th January 2016, 20:24   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Is there a choice for interior color as well? Or does the 3.2 titanium comes with black interior?
The one I saw at the dealership had beige interiors!
Old 6th January 2016, 20:24   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
dealer said ford will offer black interior with silver color only ( may be they want to follow mercedes benz's color schemes)
And i am silver color fan so booked with black interior even though i prefer beige interior over black one.
when i booked TOYOTA fortuner in 2012, my booking color preference was metallic silver but waiting period was so long at that time they had white one in stock so i ended up buying white fortuner.
But this time i am pretty sure @ silver one.
let's see what happens on 19th..

Last edited by ampere : 6th January 2016 at 20:32. Reason: Reduced smilie count to 2
neo_trace is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 21:49   #352
BHPian

Quote:
dealer said ford will offer black interior with silver color only ( may be they want to follow mercedes benz's color schemes)
And i am silver color fan so booked with black interior even though i prefer beige interior over black one.
when i booked TOYOTA fortuner in 2012, my booking color preference was metallic silver but waiting period was so long at that time they had white one in stock so i ended up buying white fortuner.
But this time i am pretty sure @ silver one.
let's see what happens on 19th..
Hi neo_trace,

Thanks for this very interesting info. Do you think he was not just saying this thing and actually meant it?

My family loves black interiors and Silver body colour

Please elaborate more. Thanks again.
Old 7th January 2016, 08:48   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Thanks for this very interesting info. Do you think he was not just saying this thing and actually meant it?

AFAIK, in case of CBU imports in India, black interiors with silver/ grey body color is quite the norm. For most other body colors they go with beige.

The silver Q7 presently in our garage, as well as the grey ML350 prior to this, both have black interiors.

In case of Toyota Fortuner, the 4x4 variants come with black interiors and 4x2 with beige.

Essentially every company follows whatever their upstream marketing guys suggest, in the case you mentioned the sales guy in his pitch is simply trying to upmarket the product by association.

Last edited by manveet : 7th January 2016 at 08:51.
Old 7th January 2016, 13:27   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi neo_trace,

Please elaborate more. Thanks again.
well, he was pretty sure about black interior as i asked him at least more than 5 times and he said not to worry @ black interior though i am fine with beige interior too.
but right thing we will come to know after 19th.
and what i believe is, he is like a typical Indian car dealer who is right now very desperate to sell his product as many as he can in my city.So he accepted my booking with condition silver metallic with black in interior.
fingers crossed........

Latest information from dealer is....
Every dealer will start receiving demo vehicle in 2 - 3 days with compulsory sunset red in colour.
(In my case they will have top of the line 3.2 titanium in 2-3 days...can't wait)

Last edited by Zappo : 7th January 2016 at 19:16. Reason: Back to back posts merged
neo_trace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 14:35   #355
BANNED

New Ford Endeavour India launch on January 20, 2016.
Courtesy ACI web site.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...16-399481.aspx
Old 7th January 2016, 15:25   #356
BHPian

Quote:
so from specification from brochure i think it's SYNC2 system with NO navigation for india only
or you can add SD card loaded with MAP data from mapmyindia or others .
Not sure though..
The website mentions SYNC2 (see attached image), the brochure does not mention the version, it just says SYNC - With Voice Control (see attached pdf), and the sales guys have no clue about SYNC versions!

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out from the system itself? We can go to the showroom and find out for ourselves.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-screen-shot-20160107-3.23.36-pm.png  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1249191322861.pdf (3.87 MB, 403 views)
Old 7th January 2016, 17:51   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Talked to Elite ford Bangalore folks today, looks like the price strategy is as follows (no confirmation!).
1. 2.2 base version (much below Fortuner) - about 24 Lakhs ex showroom
2. 2.2 titanium or 3.2 base trend - just above Fortuner top line (about 32 Lakhs on road)
3. 3.2 titatnium (4x4) - about 36 lakhs on road
4. 3.2 Titanium (4x4) Plus - close to 40 Lakhs on road (converts from base luxuary cars like Q3)

these are all Bangalore on-road prices (remember Bangalore has the highest road tax, about 20% for SUVs).

40 Lakhs is too much IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Didn't you just get the new XUV ?

In terms of pricing my prediction is that the 2.2L versions would range from 26-30lac and 3.2L would have a differential of 2-3 lacs variant to variant. Lets see what it really is eventually. I wont be surprised if the top trims are priced above the Fortuner, given the amount of features it would offer.
Quoting my comment again. I think my guess was kinda in ball park. 2.2L might be little bit lower or at par with Fortuner depending on variant. However the premium for 3.2L seems to be higher. I feel that Ford should certainly have a premium for Endy over Fortuner given its so much more modern, more equipment features etc. However volume runner would be the 2.2L.
Old 7th January 2016, 19:13   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
The website mentions SYNC2 (see attached image), the brochure does not mention the version, it just says SYNC - With Voice Control (see attached pdf), and the sales guys have no clue about SYNC versions!

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out from the system itself? We can go to the showroom and find out for ourselves.
As long as i researched Sync only comes in 5 inch screen size for Ford Ranger models of lower trims.

And SYNC 2 comes with 8 inch tft touch screen in endeavour /everest in other markets which we are going to get in endy.

May be broucher is having an printing error.
Old 7th January 2016, 19:17   #359
BHPian

Just to clarify regarding the version of SYNC being provided in the new Endy. A little more digging of the Ford India Website reveals that it is indeed a SYNC2. Attaching the link to the website. Looks like the higher versions i.e. the Titanium Trim will come with SYNC 2 and the lower versions will come with just SYNC.

http://www.india.ford.com/sync/package

Last edited by swaroopanand_86 : 7th January 2016 at 19:22.
Old 7th January 2016, 21:28   #360
BHPian

Walked in to a Ford showroom in my parts today. The sunset red is a brilliant color looks really good and complements the car perfectly.

The sales person tending to people coming in for the 'New Endy' was honest in her confession of not being trained in the specifics of the product so she couldn't help with queries on the SYNC version, though the non availability of navigation was emphatically confirmed, or cost of the add-on accessories mentioned in the brochure. The car gizmos were in lock-down aka transport mode so couldnt investigate further. She was kind enough to fire up the engine, inside the showroom and let it idle for a while. The noise levels to me even within the confined space were surprisingly quite low.

All pricing et. al. would be revealed on the 19th is what was confirmed. They are tentatively expecting an OTR of INR3.5 Million for the 3.2 4x4 Titanium. Could and should be a little lower if you need to fork out for the extras mentioned in the brochure, if inclusive, I'd be okay with this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks